Thread: Assigning a specific faction a unique settlement on battlemap

Default Assigning a specific faction a unique settlement on battlemap

So ive created a new culture "baltic" and assigned denmark, hre, and the TO to it. Then using IWTE assigned the baltic culture to have northern european style settlements.

Name: north_european_town_A
    Pkg group: settlement
    Pkg path: settlements/north_european/settlements/town/north_european_town_a.worldpkgdesc
    Category: unused
    Size: unused
    Type: town
    Variant: none
    Culture: baltic
    Environment: generic
    Faction: unused
    Fortification level: none

Adding this in works fine, however when i added a unique town to denmark, all of the towns under the baltic culture were replaced by the new one.

Name: north_european_town_B
    Pkg group: settlement
    Pkg path: settlements/east_european/settlements/town/north_european_town_b.worldpkgdesc
    Category: unused
    Size: unused
    Type: town
    Variant: none
    Culture: baltic
    Environment: generic
    Faction: denmark
    Fortification level: none

I have added in brick castles for the TO wich are also baltic in my mod and every other baltic faction still uses the north european castles as intended. Anyone know whats goin on here?

Default Re: Assigning a specific faction a unique settlement on battlemap

Is that literally what you have within the package?

the bit under Pkgpath should be to the .world file not .worldpkgdesc - so I'm not sure your .worldpkgdesc will be working if that is the content.

The 'brick castles' of TO just use a faction_variant of the normal texture they're not really affected by the pkg stuff.

Ill double check my pathing and post once I get home maybe something is off. Thx for reply

so I checked the file paths and they are as follows:

settlements/North_European/Settlements/Town/north_european_town_A.world for the base culture

and

Settlements/East_European/Settlements/Town/north_european_town_B.world for my denmark specific one

sounds like it should be OK.

check in case you have any other spare .worldpkgdesc files around directing to _B - it doesn't matter what the name of the file is if the extension is .worldpkgdesc it still gets read, so beware of 'copy of's'

Could be an extra one floating around but its strange how whenever i remove the denmark faction specific worldpkgdescr file out, it seems to work fine, but as soon as i drop it back in, it just overrides any non specific faction. I could create faction specific files for each of my baltic culture factions, but it wouldnt exactly solve the question as why it is overriding them.

I could create faction specific files for each of my baltic culture factions, but it wouldnt exactly solve the question as why it is overriding them.
    I was actually going to suggest that... It might not answer the question, but you do need to do that to get culture splits to work reliably in custom battle mode, so probably worth doing anyway.

And do check, for the campaign stuff, who is actually the 'faction_creator' for the settlement in descr_strat, that's the thing that controls which model is used, until the occupier upgrades the settlement level. If your other occupiers have denmark as faction_creator that would explain it.

So oddly enough I may have found a solution. When I put both worldpkgdescr files together in the same folder the denmark one was no longer overriding the base culture one. Also do you know a way to make the redbrick castles appear in custom battles?

odd...

on the redbrick - it's a faction_variant thing, so it will depend on which faction the game thinks the custom battle is assigned to - logically it would be the defender... but I'm not sure if it actually works on the human player/team 1. You need to put your log on trace and check which variants it's looking for.