Thread: Help please?

Icon9 Help please?

Greetings,

I downloaded a mod of this site and now can't start a campaign of RTW (the first version). Here's what happened:

I dled ta make all factions playable mod. The instructions said to unzip it and then save it to my computer->activision->rome total war->data->world->maps-.campaign->imperial campaign and paste it there.

Well the file didn't dl as a zip file and RTW wasn't in that directory. On my computer, it's in program files(x86)->steam->steamapps->rome total war gold->data->world->maps-.campaign->imperial campaign

So I saved the txt file there and booted up the game to give it a test drive. And I found every faction except rebel slaves listed as a playable faction. Only problem was none of them would play when I clicked on them. So I removed the file, and now when I try to start a campaign, I get an error message that tells me to select something from the list (which is what I did).

So what can I do now? Ideally, I'd like to be able to make every faction playable, though at this point, I'd settle for being able to start a campaign with the usual three playable factions. Can someone help me do either of those things? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Help please?

Don't know if you have sorted this, but if you didn't make a back up of the descr_strat file then the best option would be to re-install. Modifying descr_strat to unlock all faction yourself is easy. Just copy past all factions you want to play from unlockable and non playable to the playable section of the file. Then when you have copy and pasted all factions into playable, delete the faction names in unlockable and non playable. Always make back ups of files when editing them.

Default Re: Help please?

You mean a backup of descr_strat as it was before I did this? No, I don't have a backup of that. But the file, the way it was when it came with the game, should be the same for every install, right? So if I could get one from someone else, would it work? btw thank you for answering.