Thread: Problems experienced in units during RTW Modding

Default Problems experienced in units during RTW Modding

Hello guys, first of all I want to mention that my English is bad and that I am new to the forum. Now, I'm making a small mod and so far I've made this mod over text files. Thanks to the researches I did while making my mod, I learned to change culture and changed the culture of the Pontus state. However, I am having problems with the units. The color of the units I added to Pontus is different. It is not in the color of the Pontus state.(blue and red colors=pontus colors) And the unit cards seem "peasant". To solve this, I did research and learned that I needed to change the texture files and I managed to extract the .pak file ... Now I realized that I needed the "Adobe Photoshop" program to do this and installed it (version CC 2018)... But I could not open the .dds files, so I installed NVIDIA's plug-in. and I opened that file ... But after editing, when I tried to save in ".dds" format, "Creating the window with GLWF failed internal info: Plugin :: InitializePlugin, line 3776." I am getting the error named. Should I use a different program? What exactly is the problem? Can you help me?

( I am sorry for my bad english )

Default Re: Problems experienced in units during RTW Modding

Quote Originally Posted by inzibat View Post
    Hello guys, first of all I want to mention that my English is bad and that I am new to the forum. Now, I'm making a small mod and so far I've made this mod over text files. Thanks to the researches I did while making my mod, I learned to change culture and changed the culture of the Pontus state. However, I am having problems with the units. The color of the units I added to Pontus is different. It is not in the color of the Pontus state.(blue and red colors=pontus colors) And the unit cards seem "peasant". To solve this, I did research and learned that I needed to change the texture files and I managed to extract the .pak file ... Now I realized that I needed the "Adobe Photoshop" program to do this and installed it (version CC 2018)... But I could not open the .dds files, so I installed NVIDIA's plug-in. and I opened that file ... But after editing, when I tried to save in ".dds" format, "Creating the window with GLWF failed internal info: Plugin :: InitializePlugin, line 3776." I am getting the error named. Should I use a different program? What exactly is the problem? Can you help me?

( I am sorry for my bad english )
    Hello, you are better of using GIMP if you want to recolor units, it has a built in plug-in for dds textures. Also the peasent unit card appears for random units when their unit cards is missing. If you have any questions send me a direct message.

Good luck!

Default Re: Problems experienced in units during RTW Modding

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishNomad View Post
    Hello, you are better of using GIMP if you want to recolor units, it has a built in plug-in for dds textures. Also the peasent unit card appears for random units when their unit cards is missing. If you have any questions send me a direct message.

Good luck!
    I have solved this problem, thanks for writing ... But I am having trouble with General and Lesser General, I changed the culture and texture commands through the ".text" files and added to .dds/tga texture files, everything happened but General and Lesser General remained the original ... I opened a thread about this problem. Can you help me?
    Can you help with this?