Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Modding Awards - Commentary Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default 2020 Modding Awards - Commentary Thread

Hello there fellow TWCenteres, and welcome to the 2020 Modding Awards!

In this edition we have kept the grouped games categories for the Warscape Engine and included Troy in the "Steel" one. Classical categories have been included as well in the 2020 edition, since they are biennial awards.

As for the 2019 Awards Results, please feel free to check the Official Results thread

Also, please remember that this is the Commentary Thread for this year's edition of the Awards, so use it for questions, suggestions and ideas for the future of the Awards; let me remember you that any discussion about modding in general does not belong here and should be instead be posted in the Modding Discussion forum or in the Q&S.

If anyone wants to help spread the word around, please feel free to use the dedicated signature bar, as explained below:
    [URL="https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1680-The-TWC-Modding-Awards"]
    [IMG]https://www.twcenter.net/images/content/awards/Mod_Awards/2020%20MA%20sigbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

Just copy paste the code above into your signature box (go to "My Account" --> "My Settings - Edit Signature") and you should be getting this

Finally, below is our Committee for the 2020 edition, feel free to show them your appreciation by repping them profusely.

Akar - Artwork
    Jake Armitage - Categories/rules discussion and Nominations checking
    Steph - Categories/rules discussion and Nominations checking
    makanyane - Categories/rules discussion and Nominations checking
    Flinn - Categories/rules discussion and Admin work

Flinn,
    on behalf of the
    Member Awards Committee
    Last edited by Flinn; January 22, 2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Default Re: 2020 Modding Awards - Commentary Thread

What counts as a classical mod and what does not?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrosmeister View Post
    What counts as a classical mod and what does not?
    - for the Favorite Classical categories (either mods or modders), please remember that said award can be won only once, therefore before nominating any mod for those categories please check the Hall of Fame and before nominating a modder remeber to check his awards (in the member's profile page or under his avatar in any regular post).
    - remember: to be eligible for the Classical category a mod cannot have any update later than 31/12/2018, to be eligible for the Classical category a modder must not have released any new mod or tool later than 31/12/2018.

This has been oversighted, I'm going to amend the Nominations Thread right now.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: 2020 Modding Awards - Nominations Thread

Question: Mods with early beta release but not officialy released can be nominated?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2020 Modding Awards - Nominations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Question: Mods with early beta release but not officialy released can be nominated?
    As long as a mod is downloadable and playable, it's eligible, even if it's a beta.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Looks like a lot of people missed that one ;p
    yes, sadly a lot of people forget to put the links, but we aren't that rigid on this rule, after all the slaves Committee has to have something to do, no?

I'm going to close nominations in few minutes ...

Blog Entries

Voting polls are up! Pleas check here before going to vote!

Polls will be up until April the 6th, minimum.

I saw that the polls are up. Cool!

However, I think it's a bit unfair how minor mods/submods have to compete against major mods in the musket age category, even if there are only two nominees for the first category.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

nice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Durango- View Post
    I saw that the polls are up. Cool!

However, I think it's a bit unfair how minor mods/submods have to compete against major mods in the musket age category, even if there are only two nominees for the first category.
    Yes I see from where you are coming from, and we indeed put much thoughts on this before proceeding; fact is, there are always less and less mods for the Musket category, so either we cancel those categories (like it happened with Warhammer) or we merge some to make a fair competition.

Ps next year we will probably make one single Warscape category, but we will see anyways

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think DCI: Last Alliance should be in favourite submod/minor mod catecory because it's a submod.

Blog Entries

Yes we also discussed this, but the boundaries of what a minor mod/submod is are pretty thin, especially as of today and in particular for TATW submods; in the eyes of the Committee DCI:LA qualifies for the main mod/overhaul category, because of the huge amount of content poured into the project.

DCI: Last Alliance is created with the intention to be an expansion to Third Age: Total War that is set in the Second Age.
    You know what many DaC players say? That it's boring because it has so few content.

And what about SSHIP then? I've never played it myself but it seems to have "huge amount of content poured into the project" if to quote you.

Mod/overhaul category has always been for standalone mods ~ hosted mods.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I used to be involved in SSHIP submod. Actually, in terms of features, it is comparable to what was Stainless Steel by the past. The only reason it is still a "submod" is because we can't include directly SS materials into it for the same reason as DAC
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

It's up to the Committee to decide/confirm to which category a certain mod or tool can go, or to validate or discard a nomination, etc.

The Committee decided that DCI:LA could be included in the major mods, it being a large overhaul; maybe there are other mods that can be put in that category, or others that are in the major mod category that could be moved to the submods/minor mods? No doubt, but those are the polls for this year.
    In case any modding team doesn't agree with the decision of the Committee, it's their right to ask for their mod to be removed from this specific edition, if that's what they actually want of course

p.s. in all due honesty I would not make a mountain out of a molehill, there are less and less mods posted and hosted at TWC, so I believe it is in the best interest of everybody involved, modders, players and staffers alike, to avoid conflicting situations, if not really needed. Thanks for the comprehension

Also, it seems that there has been a good number of voters who missed the fact that they have only 2 voted in the "Medieval 2 - Favorite modder" poll; I'm pretty sure I edited the thread and the poll title to reflect this and make people aware in advance, but it must have got lost due to the many Database errors I had yesterday
    So, what I'm going to do is to make a new poll and PM all those who have voted so far to make them aware, so that they can come back and vote again (and this time paying attention to not to cast more than 2 votes! ).

Blog Entries

Spoiler for the mod Mafia

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

It seems non-TW modders are more or less disqualified from the TWC modding awards and most people know that any site that's hosting mods will get more traffic, right.

So, why can't non-TWC modders also be awarded in the Misc Award category?

I guess I already know the answer, probably next year or a life time later.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If the mod\work is hosted here and supported I don't see an issue with it, same in the way that TWC mods are hosted at modDB and qualify there for awards.. Having presence and membership will remain a basic condition for getting nominated I would think, wherever awards are being held.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If the mod\work is hosted here and supported I don't see an issue with it, same in the way that TWC mods are hosted at modDB and qualify there for awards.. Having presence and membership will remain a basic condition for getting nominated I would think, wherever awards are being held.
    I have had my mods hosted here for almost 3 years (click on the sigbars in my sig) and still there is no category for non-TW mods, modders present in the TWC Modding Awards.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast