Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2857

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    There have never been a president of USA named "Bidet". What was his words that Democrats trusted that altered the course of the pandemic?
    I am not sure Bidet is aware by now that his name is not Bidet. In his haste to declare "mission accomplished" Bidet encouraged vaccinated people to drop the masks, because he's an idiot that doesn't understand that although it is harder, vaccinated people can still get sick. It's in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Was I right or do you think there's actually somebody named Bidet?
    I am aware that Bidet is actually called Biden, but I will keep calling him Bidet when he acts like an idiot.

Moving on:
    In a win for the Republicans, the Democrat-held house approves House members to hire illegal immigrants.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-ok-...182400814.html

"One unusual element of the legislation is the approval of allowing members and House offices to hire “Dreamers,” those allowed into the country during the Obama administration under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. There are an estimated 800,000 people in the program."

Allowing Dreamers to work for the House Members is not going to help the majority of the Dreamers but it will piss off and unite the Republicans to rally them to the flag.
    As a reminder, dreamers don't get to vote and the progressives that want amnesty are unlikely to rally to the DNC over glacier speed changes.

Thus, it is a win for the Republicans.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 29, 2021 at 03:56 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Was I right or do you think there's actually somebody named Bidet?
    As pathetic as it sounds, calling him Xiden or Bidet is a power-trip for them. Conservatives are people who feel that they have essentially no control over their lives and how society views them, and that control has been wrongfully kept from them. Trolling and calculated incivility is a low-consequence way of exerting one's power over another, even if it's inconsequential. Just that small bit of power to arbitrarily mess with a person and diminish their happiness is an intoxicating powertrip for the conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I am not sure Bidet is aware by now that his name is not Bidet. In his haste to declare "mission accomplished" Bidet encouraged vaccinated people to drop the masks, because he's an idiot that doesn't understand that although it is harder, vaccinated people can still get sick. It's in my post.
    Can't see where in your post you posted a link to what Biden stated. I'll help you though.

Biden says fully vaccinated people can go maskless outside – but not in crowds
    “Starting today, if you’re fully vaccinated and you’re outdoors and not in a big crowd, you no longer need to wear a mask,” said Biden, beside a tree and lawn, in warm spring sunshine.
    His comments followed CDC announcement about masks. So, you're not just employing an elementary school grade name calling but also altering what Biden actually said which was quite sensible.
    The Armenian Issue

Personally I prefer Joke Biden, Lieden or Slow Joe.

Moderator Emeritus

Can't see where in your post you posted a link to what Biden stated. I'll help you though.

Biden says fully vaccinated people can go maskless outside – but not in crowds

His comments followed CDC announcement about masks. So, you're not just employing an elementary school grade name calling but also altering what Biden actually said which was quite sensible.
    Nope, what Bidet said was stupid. The CDC doesn't make policy. Many people follow the PotUS example beyond all reason (as we tragically saw with Trump). It was not sensible for Bidet to say that, What he said was endangering everyone, maskless or not. What Bidet should have said if he was a good leader would have been "While CDC makes some suggestions and it is up to the governors, I strongly suggest to keep wearing masks as the threat is not yet over."
    We had a big discussion back in the day with some posters that were claiming that now they can go outside maskless and not live in fear.
    Well, a lot of people are not living at all, because Bidet had to say "mission accomplished".

It was also irresponsible for the CDC to suggest people to take off Masks btw. CDC should have known that a lot of people lack common sense. The PotUS should also know that, since both he and his predecessor were elected in large part by people that lack common sense.

You may twist it as much as you want, but the fact remains that random people outside the USA (where masks is a hot political issue because... Trump made it so and no other reason) could tell that what Bidet said was foolish and dangerous. I was one of those and we were correct.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Moving on:
    In a win for the Republicans, the Democrat-held house approves House members to hire illegal immigrants.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-ok-...182400814.html

"One unusual element of the legislation is the approval of allowing members and House offices to hire “Dreamers,” those allowed into the country during the Obama administration under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. There are an estimated 800,000 people in the program."

Allowing Dreamers to work for the House Members is not going to help the majority of the Dreamers but it will piss off and unite the Republicans to rally them to the flag.
    As a reminder, dreamers don't get to vote and the progressives that want amnesty are unlikely to rally to the DNC over glacier speed changes.

Thus, it is a win for the Republicans.
    Not sure about that. Polls indicate anywhere from a plurality to an overwhelming majority of Republicans support Dreamers.

https://americasvoice.org/press_rele...ll-after-poll/

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Personally I prefer Joke Biden, Lieden or Slow Joe.
    I've always been partial to Stand-up Joe.

During a 2008 campaign event, Biden asked wheelchair-bound MO. State Sen. Chuck Graham to stand and be recognized.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Not sure about that. Polls indicate anywhere from a plurality to an overwhelming majority of Republicans support Dreamers.

That's what I get when I believe Trump...
    I had no idea. It honestly comes to be as a great surprise. 69% of Trump voters support the Dreamers. What the... Oh, well.
    I suppose it's new kids they want in cages.

Nope, what Bidet said was stupid. The CDC doesn't make policy. Many people follow the PotUS example beyond all reason (as we tragically saw with Trump). It was not sensible for Bidet to say that, What he said was endangering everyone, maskless or not. What Bidet should have said if he was a good leader would have been "While CDC makes some suggestions and it is up to the governors, I strongly suggest to keep wearing masks as the threat is not yet over."
    We had a big discussion back in the day with some posters that were claiming that now they can go outside maskless and not live in fear.
    Well, a lot of people are not living at all, because Bidet had to say "mission accomplished".
    It was also irresponsible for the CDC to suggest people to take off Masks btw. CDC should have known that a lot of people lack common sense. The PotUS should also know that, since both he and his predecessor were elected in large part by people that lack common sense.
    You may twist it as much as you want, but the fact remains that random people outside the USA (where masks is a hot political issue because... Trump made it so and no other reason) could tell that what Bidet said was foolish and dangerous. I was one of those and we were correct.
    What you're saying is extremely stupid and practically a lie. Biden didn't tell people to stop wearing masks. Its pathetic to see how people resort to such petty tactics.
    The Armenian Issue

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post

I've always been partial to Stand-up Joe.

Ha ha ha! Obama who said it wouldn't be legal to do something like DACA did it anyway. So much for Democrats obeying their oath of office. Now we get polls showing Americans support DACA. Yes, we should trust those polls because everybody knows that polls are accurate.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...o-take-the-law

Republicans and their Call of Duty fantasies. Remember when Ashlii "But...but...I'm white!" Babbit got what was coming to her? Her fellow big, tough Trump supporters scattered like cockroaches.

Yeah, you are totally making your side look good by praising murder of an unarmed protester. Even Erdogan and Xi Jinping fans seem to have a bigger grip on reality then Biden supporters.

Moderator Emeritus

What you're saying is extremely stupid and practically a lie. Biden didn't tell people to stop wearing masks. Its pathetic to see how people resort to such petty tactics.
    Do I need to quote yourself to you now? You were the one that found the article where Bidet says just that.

Do I need to quote yourself to you now? You were the one that found the article where Bidet says just that.
    Please do quote me. The article I linked to showed that Biden stated you can choose wear no mask outdoor if you're not in a crowd while still needing to wear a mask indoors per CDCs recommendation which is a sound advice. You tried to pass that as if he said people no longer needed to wear masks anywhere. Why you choose to lie about such basic facts is beyond me.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Lol no. You are yourself stating that phrase "its okay to be of <racename>" is bad, which can only be explained... by disliking that race.
    Ridiculous statement. Pointing out that a phrase has an origin in the white power movement and was propagated by white supremacists is nothing like something that "can only be explained by disliking that race." Although, you never answered his question on why you are interested in repeating a talking point that white supremacists use.

If anything, the narrative you are pushing is unironically contributing to people embracing racial ideas. White supremacists love it when clueless woke leftists push normal people towards racial ideas.
    Another absurd statement. No one is being pushed into white supremacy by people pointing out the white supremacist origin of a phrase. Anti-racism messages don't make people white supremacists. The cause is a lot deeper and more complex.

Its a neutral phrase. If Hitler said "brush your teeth at least twice a day and don't forget to floss", would dental hygiene become an act of hate? Especially since teeth are white (unless you are British).
    That isn't even consistent with your own logic. If phrases are just "neutral" then you should have no problem with "black lives matter" without trying to twist the meaning of that phrase.

I am aware that Bidet is actually called Biden, but I will keep calling him Bidet when he acts like an idiot.
    So, should we just call you Hoons then?
    Last edited by chilon; July 31, 2021 at 03:25 PM.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Moderator Emeritus

Please do quote me. The article I linked to showed that Biden stated you can choose wear no mask outdoor if you're not in a crowd while still needing to wear a mask indoors per CDCs recommendation which is a sound advice. You tried to pass that as if he said people no longer needed to wear masks anywhere. Why you choose to lie about such basic facts is beyond me.
    " “Starting today, if you’re fully vaccinated and you’re outdoors and not in a big crowd, you no longer need to wear a mask,” said Biden, beside a tree and lawn, in warm spring sunshine. " <=== from your post.

That's Bidet telling fully vaccinated people to not wear masks. That's Bidet adding 1000-10000 dead to the total tally of his nation.

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    So, should we just call you Hoons then?
    No, you should not.
    You can do it, but you shouldn't. For starters, I was the one that warned people to ignore Bidet's foolish and dangerous guidelines, trying to save Americans from the stupidity of their President.
    So, you shouldn't.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 31, 2021 at 03:52 PM.

" “Starting today, if you’re fully vaccinated and you’re outdoors and not in a big crowd, you no longer need to wear a mask,” said Biden, beside a tree and lawn, in warm spring sunshine. " <=== from your post.

That's Bidet telling fully vaccinated people to not wear masks. That's Bidet adding 1000-10000 dead to the total tally of his nation.

No, you should not.
    You can do it, but you shouldn't. For starters, I was the one that warned people to ignore Bidet's foolish and dangerous guidelines, trying to save Americans from the stupidity of their President.
    So, you shouldn't.
    Just like you can make up childish names for Biden but you shouldn't if you want anyone but the Qanon and Trumpers to take you seriously.

Also, looks like you are just making up arbitrary numbers out of thin air so it's impossible to take your savior assertions seriously.

This 6th grade Trumper trend of making up silly names really lowers the quality of discussions. Since you're a moderator it looks like you endorse name calling. Great look for this once great forum

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    Ridiculous statement. Pointing out that a phrase has an origin in the white power movement and was propagated by white supremacists is nothing like something that "can only be explained by disliking that race." Although, you never answered his question on why you are interested in repeating a talking point that white supremacists use.
    Here we go again with "roads are bad because Hitler built them" fallacy.
    Another absurd statement. No one is being pushed into white supremacy by people pointing out the white supremacist origin of a phrase. Anti-racism messages don't make people white supremacists. The cause is a lot deeper and more complex.
    I'm pretty sure the whole woke and unironically racist "its not okay to be white" implication is something actually aids real white supremacists greatly.
    That isn't even consistent with your own logic. If phrases are just "neutral" then you should have no problem with "black lives matter" without trying to twist the meaning of that phrase.
    I never said that I had a problem with it.

Why are you lying in the very same post you expose your own lie?
    The Armenian Issue

Moderator Emeritus

Why are you lying in the very same post you expose your own lie?
    Because I am not lying. That you disagree with me and what your own quote says, makes you wrong, not me a liar. Sorry that it hurts your feelings but Bidet messed up big time.

Now, moving on from the twisted logic presented by some posters to defend their glorious Bidet...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/desantis-...tional-schools
    I need to find a grade-school level name-insult for that guy too. DeSantis just told people to not wear masks in schools. Vaccinated or not.
    Unless it is a vile masterplan to deal with old people in Florida, this is insanity.

Trump was awesome in finding nicknames. Alas he hasn't found one for this idiot that hopes to be the new Trump.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 31, 2021 at 05:57 PM.

We are laughing at you, not with you. "LeT mE RePrEaT"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROK3QuKgOMI

Now watch as you pivot to some other leftist cope lie "muh delta variant" or 'muh invaccinated trump supporters'. Because that is all you have left.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 31, 2021 at 07:51 PM.