Page 50 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2857

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    It is not a lie and you are either being disingenuous or you are completely ignorant of all the cases where people have stated "all lives matter" and been called racist and worse by BLM and the Democrats.
    The bolded statements are weasel words. You have to do better. I am obviously ignorant of all the cases where people have been called racist because they have used the term "all lives matter". Perhaps you can help me out with my ignorance. People can and have called people all sorts of insulting trash. There are ignorant, bigoted idiots on all sides of political discussions. But people of influence or importance? Help me here...

Find me a quote of a senior Democrat saying "Only black lives matter" - Or find me a quote from someone leading the BLM movement saying "Only black lives matter' - with context that confirms that it is meant in the way you're implying. Again, find me someone of importance either in the Democratic party or the BLM movement, saying that someone who says "All lives matter" is racist, explicitly because they say that phrase and not because they happen to already be racist and say it. Again, full context to confirm the subtle difference.

That way you can help me with my ignorance, and show me that you're not lying, either purposely to create an insincere narrative, or sub-consciously to protect yourself from cognitive dissonance.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/stat...07399628369928

the new Trump diehard theory is that Joe Biden was repelled from entering 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue by "the military" on inauguration day and has been living in an 80% replica scale model of the White House on Tyler Perry's Atlanta estate.
    On no, those super-smart Trump supporters figured out our secret! Quick, someone tell Soros!

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    The bolded statements are weasel words. You have to do better. I am obviously ignorant of all the cases where people have been called racist because they have used the term "all lives matter". Perhaps you can help me out with my ignorance. People can and have called people all sorts of insulting trash. There are ignorant, bigoted idiots on all sides of political discussions. But people of influence or importance? Help me here...

Find me a quote of a senior Democrat saying "Only black lives matter" - Or find me a quote from someone leading the BLM movement saying "Only black lives matter' - with context that confirms that it is meant in the way you're implying. Again, find me someone of importance either in the Democratic party or the BLM movement, saying that someone who says "All lives matter" is racist, explicitly because they say that phrase and not because they happen to already be racist and say it. Again, full context to confirm the subtle difference.

That way you can help me with my ignorance, and show me that you're not lying, either purposely to create an insincere narrative, or sub-consciously to protect yourself from cognitive dissonance.
    So if word only is the key deciding factor here, then how come same people have such racist and hateful reaction to phrase "its okay to be white"?
    I mean it doesn't say "only white".

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Actually this is no longer the case.
    So according to your own logic (accepting members of other races) BLM and KKK are two sides of the same coin.
    How many non-white members have they accepted?

BLM still doesn't express racial superiority over other races so no, they aren't the same side of the coin.

It was a simple question: is it okay to be white, Vanoi?
    Why do you keep spreading white supremacist messaging. It's a simple question.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post

I'll be happy to help you with your ignorance. Here's a little help:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/121026...tter-argument/

I've seen hundreds of stories like this, but you won't see them reported on network news or left-wing sites. Anyway, I just proved your self admission that you are ignorant. You can improve this situation by becoming better informed. The people committing these acts are acting on the words of leaders involved in the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    How many non-white members have they accepted?

BLM still doesn't express racial superiority over other races so no, they aren't the same side of the coin.
    So... Now there is a certain percentage quota that race-based group has to meet for you not to consider them "extremist"?
    Why do you keep spreading white supremacist messaging. It's a simple question.
    I'm not spreading it. Why are you saying that it is not okay to be of certain race, Vanoi?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Mask removals and rubbing shoulders in USA:
    The big mistake of Biden, that will cost several thousands of lives. With a good vaccine, you have 80%-90% or so chance to not be infected when exposed to Covid. Sounds good right?
    Well, if you're exposed to Covid five times the chance to not be infected is 0.9^5 = 60%. Still good, right?
    Well, while it is still good, it means that if you're an idiot like Bidet suggests and walk around with no mask and go to theatres etc etc you still have a good chance to get infected. And you will infect others. Sure, it will slow down (weekly cases drop by about 15%-20%) but not as much as if Bidet was not idiotically throwing the mask away and saying "socialize, we're done".

We are not done.
    Sure, things are getting better but just because of this Trump-like idiocy, Bidet will slow down the recovery. Instead of 25%-30% cases less per week, USA will have 15%-20% cases less per week.
    Which means that there would be like 50K cases per week in mid July instead of 15K cases per week!

As such, Biden killed about 10000 Americans that didn't have to die.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-delta-...205621502.html
    "Seventy-five days after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared that vaccinated people no longer needed to wear face coverings, the agency has reversed course, announcing that the rise of the Delta variant necessitates a return to masking."

I TOLD YOU SO. Bidet's foolish optimism has caused and will cause thousands of deaths. Had Bidet not been an idiot and waited to see how things would move before saying that for the vaccinated life could go back to normal, Delta Variant would not have taken such a strong hold in USA.
    Biden's marks on the Pandemic are plummeting and deservedly so. He's not a PR disaster like Trump was and he's not polarizing but he still failed spectacularly on that.

What an idiot.

(Yes, Trump would have been worse. We all know Trump is not the biggest fan of masks. We're talking about Bidet though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    I'm just choosing a more optimistic side of the equation.
    You shouldn't have. I honestly hope you and yours are fine. With the vaccine, the effects of the disease are much lesser.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-delta-...205621502.html
    "Seventy-five days after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared that vaccinated people no longer needed to wear face coverings, the agency has reversed course, announcing that the rise of the Delta variant necessitates a return to masking."
    I TOLD YOU SO. Bidet's foolish optimism has caused and will cause thousands of deaths. Had Bidet not been an idiot and waited to see how things would move before saying that for the vaccinated life could go back to normal, Delta Variant would not have taken such a strong hold in USA.
    Biden's marks on the Pandemic are plummeting and deservedly so. He's not a PR disaster like Trump was and he's not polarizing but he still failed spectacularly on that.
    What an idiot.
    (Yes, Trump would have been worse. We all know Trump is not the biggest fan of masks. We're talking about Bidet though.)
    You shouldn't have. I honestly hope you and yours are fine. With the vaccine, the effects of the disease are much lesser.
    Who is Bidet? Why does his words alone alter the course of a pandemic?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    He's mocking Biden. You know. Given in the post he's quoting he spelled it correctly maybe once and then purposely mispelled it ever since in both posts.

It's a rather immature way to mock him. But...that's what it is.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Come on guys, stop mocking Alzheimer patients, that's just immature.

Civitate

So... Now there is a certain percentage quota that race-based group has to meet for you not to consider them "extremist"?
    Where did I say the words percentage? Do try and address what I actually said. It's already been pointed out only one group expresses racial superiority and that already destory's your argument.

I'm not spreading it. Why are you saying that it is not okay to be of certain race, Vanoi?
    Except you very much did. So why do you keep doing it?

Where did I say the words percentage? Do try and address what I actually said. It's already been pointed out only one group expresses racial superiority and that already destory's your argument.
    Going back and forth with them goal posts are we? Fist you claimed that they have to accept people of other races, then you claimed there has to be a certain percentage of them, now you roll back to originally already debunked argument about racial superiority component, since it has nothing to do with phrase "its okay to be white".
    Except you very much did. So why do you keep doing it?
    I am not. So why are you saying that its not okay to be white?

Civitate

Going back and forth with them goal posts are we? Fist you claimed that they have to accept people of other races, then you claimed there has to be a certain percentage of them, now you roll back to originally already debunked argument about racial superiority component, since it has nothing to do with phrase "its okay to be white".
    I haven't moved the goalposts at all but you certainly have. You claim BLM is an extremist group but couldn't prove that. You tried to claim BLM are racist because of their name but you couldn't prove that.

Debunked? You haven't debunked one thing yet. Sorry but the history of the KKK is well known and they definitely believe white race to be superior while BLM does not profess that of their own.

I am not. So why are you saying that its not okay to be white?
    Where did I say that? Quote it. Direct words.

Where did I say that? Quote it. Direct words.
    So you finally concede and admit that phrase "its okay to be white" isn't racist, and people who are mad about it are racist. Good.
    Now to the next point:
    I haven't moved the goalposts at all but you certainly have. You claim BLM is an extremist group but couldn't prove that. You tried to claim BLM are racist because of their name but you couldn't prove that.

Debunked? You haven't debunked one thing yet. Sorry but the history of the KKK is well known and they definitely believe white race to be superior while BLM does not profess that of their own.
    If ADL/BLM weren't racist, then they wouldn't have such racist and hateful reaction to "its okay to be white".
    Its not my fault these groups present themselves as racist.

Civitate

So you finally concede and admit that phrase "its okay to be white" isn't racist, and people who are mad about it are racist. Good.
    There you go spreading white supremacist messaging again. Why do you like to spread white power ideology so much?
    Now to the next point:
    If ADL/BLM weren't racist, then they wouldn't have such racist and hateful reaction to "its okay to be white".
    Its not my fault these groups present themselves as racist.
    Nothing wrong with being opposed to a phrase coined and spread by white supremacists.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Phrase itself is just a statement, plus BLM and ADL are also racial supremacy groups so its a case of pot calling kettle black.
    it is quite obvious thou, that being upset or angry to phrase "its okay to be of X race" means that one is quite racist towards the X race.
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    This isn't true. Unjustified state violence - whether police brutality, mass incarceration or inhumane prison conditions - affects people of all backgrounds. Attempts to monopolize the issue are divisive and counter productive.
    Also, either denying racial disparities in policing, and police violence or that racism even exists in the US.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 29, 2021 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Off-topic.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

There you go spreading white supremacist messaging again. Why do you like to spread white power ideology so much?
    Lol no. You are yourself stating that phrase "its okay to be of <racename>" is bad, which can only be explained... by disliking that race.
    If anything, the narrative you are pushing is unironically contributing to people embracing racial ideas. White supremacists love it when clueless woke leftists push normal people towards racial ideas.
    Now to the next point:

Nothing wrong with being opposed to a phrase coined and spread by white supremacists.
    Its a neutral phrase. If Hitler said "brush your teeth at least twice a day and don't forget to floss", would dental hygiene become an act of hate? Especially since teeth are white (unless you are British).

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    He is a very old person that somehow became the president of the USA. His words alter the course of the pandemic because a lot of democrats are foolish enough to trust in the words of this old person, even though he doesn't have the same traction with his party as another old person (Trump) had with his.

Come on guys, stop mocking Alzheimer patients, that's just immature.
    We are not mocking him for his disabilities.

If Hitler said "brush your teeth at least twice a day and don't forget to floss", would dental hygiene become an act of hate? Especially since teeth are white (unless you are British).
    Weeeeell... not sure.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...in_White_Teeth
    Last edited by alhoon; July 28, 2021 at 08:20 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

He is a very old person that somehow became the president of the USA. His words alter the course of the pandemic because a lot of democrats are foolish enough to trust in the words of this old person, even though he doesn't have the same traction with his party as another old person (Trump) had with his.
    There have never been a president of USA named "Bidet". What was his words that Democrats trusted that altered the course of the pandemic?
    The Armenian Issue

Was I right or do you think there's actually somebody named Bidet?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.