Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27526768697071727374757677787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1710

Thread: President Biden's first year in office

  1. #1521
    antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,971

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I showcases that the progressives are full of lunatics that want to eradicate a lot of elements of the national identity of the countries unlucky enough to harbor them. In the case of USA, there are numerous examples with Leftwing lunatics turning against the founding fathers or advocating for white-shaming instead of reconciliation with a dark, racist past that still affects systems today.
    Again... are all who align with left leaning politics lunatics who are turning against the founding fathers? some? most? break it down for me...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

  2. #1522

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    If progressives weren't irrational and somewhat delusional people, then things that they would suggest would be ...sane? I mean progressives literally reject basic notions of science, economics and biology, they ignore common sense and only believe what TV news media tells them. And I'm saying this as a former leftist. Progressives in the West are less of a political movement and more of a religious cult, kinda similar to Heavens Gate or Jonestown.

  3. #1523

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    There’s overwhelming evidence of national institutional backing for the Project and the narrative it promotes. Apart from a quick glance at the events of the last year and a half, Jones has received prestigious awards (Pulitzer, MacArthur Genius Award, etc) and honorary faculty positions major universities for her work (which has been turned into a curriculum for school kids) as well as the full backing of institutional media like NYT, despite its fundamental inaccuracies. Meanwhile, professional critiques were ignored. Predictably, any criticism is treated as racist and a validation of Jones’ premises. It doesn’t particularly matter whether or not there is broad support for a narrative when it has the full backing of the liberal establishment. Parents and school board members would rather reject the use instructional material based on the idea that slavery is the “center of our national narrative,” and don’t want schools to reframe American history so that children will learn that the United States has been tainted by slavery and racism, or that its institutions now need change.

    https://www.heritage.org/sites/defau...1-01/SR241.pdf

    Judging by the disconnect between what national institutions are promoting and these responses, it matters little what regular people think, but sometimes they get a win, like in Virginia. And some Democrats, at least, have taken notice.

    Spoiler for HBO language


    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    No, we don't care about your libertarian "evidence".
    “To live without faith, without a heritage to defend, without battling constantly for truth, is not to live but to ‘get along’; we must never just ‘get along’.” - Pier Giorgio Frassati

  4. #1524
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,311

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Again... are all who align with left leaning politics lunatics who are turning against the founding fathers? some? most? break it down for me...
    Leftwings are leftwings. Many leftwings are not progressives.
    I would say half of progressive politicians are lunatics.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  5. #1525
    antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,971

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    There’s overwhelming evidence of national institutional backing for the Project and the narrative it promotes.
    So that overwhelming evidence is a conservative think tank and a couple of newspaper articles. So no official political party policy platforms or manifestos, no statements from senior politicians, no opinion polling of self identified liberal or progressive voters?

    alhoon has done the same job by just spit-balling 'half'

    My concern, which should be obvious by now, is that some of the subjects that are brought up over and again in this thread (and it's conservative cousin) are strawman issues, being used in the same way that some liberals like to use things like the extreme-right card against conservatives (for example) - tar half of the electorate with fringe views to manipulate the debate to put them onto a defensive. I think this kind of discussion risks pushing more moderate people towards the very views the strawman assumes of them. Great if you're Heathen Hammer and want the world to be more extremist, or want to take advantage of the cleave in society. But I think most of us don't want that.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

  6. #1526

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus
    So no official political party policy platforms or manifestos, no statements from senior politicians, no opinion polling of self identified liberal or progressive voters
    If you think Jones’ views are not in fact representative of the liberal establishment, you haven’t been paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biden DoE proposed funding rule 2021
    Proposed Priority 1—Projects That Incorporate Racially, Ethnically, Culturally, and Linguistically Diverse Perspectives into Teaching and Learning.

    This acknowledgement is reflected, for example, in the New York Times’ landmark ‘‘1619 Project’’ and in the resources of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History.2
    Accordingly, schools across the country are working to incorporate anti- racist practices into teaching and learning. As the scholar Ibram X. Kendi has expressed, ‘‘[a]n antiracist idea is any idea that suggests the racial groups are equals in all their apparent differences—that there is nothing right or wrong with any racial group. Antiracist ideas argue that racist policies are the cause of racial inequities.’’ 3 It is critical that the teaching of American history and civics creates learning experiences that validate and reflect the diversity, identities, histories, contributions, and experiences of all students.

    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...2021-08068.pdf
    The Administration publicly advertised Jones’ views as representative of the sort of approach to education they want to prioritize, and referenced Ibram Kendi in the same vein - the guy who has proposed a federal department of ideological enforcement “empowered with disciplinary tools to wield over and against policymakers and public officials who do not voluntarily change their racist policy and ideas.”

    https://www.politico.com/interactive...nal-amendment/

    Democrats advertising for a form of oligarchy by thought police lol
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; November 23, 2021 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    No, we don't care about your libertarian "evidence".
    “To live without faith, without a heritage to defend, without battling constantly for truth, is not to live but to ‘get along’; we must never just ‘get along’.” - Pier Giorgio Frassati

  7. #1527
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,311

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    tar half of the electorate with fringe views to manipulate the debate to put them onto a defensive.
    I said half the progressive politicians Antaeus. Not half the electorate, not half the democrats, not half the left-leaning politicians. Half the progressive politicians. The moderate democrats have very few lunatics.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  8. #1528
    antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,971

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I said half the progressive politicians Antaeus. Not half the electorate, not half the democrats, not half the left-leaning politicians. Half the progressive politicians. The moderate democrats have very few lunatics.
    Sorry, I didn't use the facetious emoji.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    If you think Jones’ views are not in fact representative of the liberal establishment, you haven’t been paying attention.

    The Administration publicly advertised Jones’ views as representative of the sort of approach to education they want to prioritize, and referenced Ibram Kendi in the same vein - the guy who has proposed a federal department of ideological enforcement “empowered with disciplinary tools to wield over and against policymakers and public officials who do not voluntarily change their racist policy and ideas.”

    https://www.politico.com/interactive...nal-amendment/

    Democrats advertising for a form of oligarchy by thought police lol
    The full quote, from page two...

    "American History and Civics Education programs can play an important role in this critical effort by supporting teaching and learning that reflects the breadth and depth of our Nation’s diverse history and the vital role of diversity in our Nation’s democracy. For example, there is growing acknowledgement of the importance of including, in the teaching and learning of our country’s history, both the consequences of slavery, and the significant contributions of Black Americans to our society. This acknowledgement is reflected, for example, in the New York Times’ landmark ‘‘1619 Project’’ and in the resources of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History.

    .. which isn't quite an official political party policy platform or manifestos, or a statement from senior politician, or opinion polling of self identified liberal or progressive voters. It's more a "we think this kind of document addresses some of the things we want to address"

    But to be fair to you, it is a piece written by a government policy officer to seek comment or submissions. So I'll grant you that it is official. Again to be fair to you, it might even influence policy. Or submissions could be overwhelmingly negative, in which case it might be dropped. But the pdf you've linked to does lack context. It is an extract and doesn't contain the context in which it was published so I am speculating here.

    Did you write a submission outlining your concerns? It could be an appropriate forum.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

  9. #1529

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    So that overwhelming evidence is a conservative think tank and a couple of newspaper articles. So no official political party policy platforms or manifestos, no statements from senior politicians, no opinion polling of self identified liberal or progressive voters?

    alhoon has done the same job by just spit-balling 'half'

    My concern, which should be obvious by now, is that some of the subjects that are brought up over and again in this thread (and it's conservative cousin) are strawman issues, being used in the same way that some liberals like to use things like the extreme-right card against conservatives (for example) - tar half of the electorate with fringe views to manipulate the debate to put them onto a defensive. I think this kind of discussion risks pushing more moderate people towards the very views the strawman assumes of them. Great if you're Heathen Hammer and want the world to be more extremist, or want to take advantage of the cleave in society. But I think most of us don't want that.
    It's not about "tarring the electorate". It's about illustrating how racial clientelism (and other forms of identity politics) are used to create a "cleave in society" intended to benefit the most privileged.

    As for "senior politicians" who've praised the 1619 Project, AOC, Beto O'Rourke and Kamala Harris are obvious examples:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Cope; November 23, 2021 at 12:39 AM.



  10. #1530
    antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,971

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    It's not about "tarring the electorate". It's about illustrating how racial clientelism (and other forms of identity politics) are used to create a "cleave in society" intended to benefit the most privileged.
    If it is not a majority view, then it is exactly tarring the electorate. And is exactly a strawman. At least Thesaurian is trying to illustrate that it is a majority perspective held by left leaning people. You're just rambling.

    It is essential for you guys to show that what you don't like about The Left or liberals or progressives is a majority opinion amongst them. Otherwise you're no different to stupid libirulz calling conservatives all Neo-Nazis or what ever and you're exactly doing a strawman against people who may not agree with the things you're accusing them of.
    Last edited by antaeus; November 23, 2021 at 12:39 AM. Reason: added rulz
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

  11. #1531

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    If it is not a majority view, then it is exactly tarring the electorate. And is exactly a strawman. At least Thesaurian is trying to illustrate that it is a majority perspective held by left leaning people. You're just rambling.

    It is essential for you guys to show that what you don't like about The Left or liberals or progressives is a majority opinion amongst them. Otherwise you're no different to stupid libirulz calling conservatives all Neo-Nazis or what ever and you're exactly doing a strawman against people who may not agree with the things you're accusing them of.
    The majority are not in positions of institutional power and it was neither claimed nor implied that race essentialism is a majority opinion. The critique is directed toward the people running (or influencing the running of) the country, not average Dem/liberal voters.
    Last edited by Cope; November 23, 2021 at 12:50 AM.



  12. #1532

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus
    which isn't quite an official political party policy platform or manifestos, or a statement from senior politician, or opinion polling of self identified liberal or progressive voters. It's more a "we think this kind of document addresses some of the things we want to address
    Self described liberals or very liberals make up half of Democrat voters (so alhoon wasn’t far off anyway) but only a quarter of the electorate, with white Democrats the most likely to identify as liberal or very liberal. It’s also worth noting white liberals are the only demographic to consistently show bias against their own race. Between non white in group bias and white liberal out group bias, it’s unsurprising that Democrats’ race essentialism plays better among the faithful than among the general electorate. So again, there’s overwhelming evidence that the liberal establishment “align with left leaning politics lunatics” like Jones and Kendi, but even if we want to pivot to the “name every liberal” hill to die on, there’s also overwhelming evidence that alignment resonates with the Democrat base as a virtue signal.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 








    According to recent polling, Americans prefer Republican control of Congress and believe the Democrat Party has shifted too far left, with political polarization cited as the most important problem facing the country today, ranking alongside the economy. Biden and Democrats in Congress have a sizable net negative approval rating among the electorate but vast majority approval among Democrats, and Democrats are twice as likely as the electorate to be satisfied or very satisfied “with the way things are going in the nation today.” Given that Democrat voters are overwhelmingly supportive of the liberal establishment, the claim that the Party’s race essentialism is not part of its platform, leadership agenda or priorities is what would require further evidence or context sufficient to countervail the evidence that it is. And even if such contrary evidence could be created, it would only necessitate the further question why the liberal establishment is relentlessly promoting false narratives that they do not subscribe to internally, and that appear to be costing them electorally.

    https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/u...021_uckv73.pdf
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; November 23, 2021 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    No, we don't care about your libertarian "evidence".
    “To live without faith, without a heritage to defend, without battling constantly for truth, is not to live but to ‘get along’; we must never just ‘get along’.” - Pier Giorgio Frassati

  13. #1533
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,311

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Self described liberals or very liberals make up half of Democrat voters (so alhoon wasn’t far off anyway)
    Alhoon didn't mean liberals, he meant progressive politicians. Liberal doesn't necessarily mean progressive. A liberal doesn't try to force HIS ENTIRE IDEAS down the throats of other people. There are a lot of people that want laissez faire approach on economy, a light touch of the government and don't care what their neighbors do in their bedroom and with what type of person.
    That doesn't mean they are pink-haired lunatics that scream about 50 genders or get people doxxed or fired because they say "people that menstruate are called women" or, as per our discussion, deface Washington and Jefferson statues because they had slaves.
    Yeap, some very admirable people in the 18th century had slaves. This makes them flawed, not repugnant. Admire them for the good, don't whitewash or revision the bad while you admit they were awesome people but not perfect people.
    Last edited by alhoon; November 23, 2021 at 10:04 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  14. #1534

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Alhoon didn't mean liberals, he meant progressive politicians. Liberal doesn't necessarily mean progressive. A liberal doesn't try to force HIS ENTIRE IDEAS down the throats of other people. There are a lot of people that want laissez faire approach on economy, a light touch of the government and don't care what their neighbors do in their bedroom and with what type of person.
    That doesn't mean they are pink-haired lunatics that scream about 50 genders or get people doxxed or fired because they say "people that menstruate are called women" or, as per our discussion, deface Washington and Jefferson statues because they had slaves.
    Yeap, some very admirable people in the 18th century had slaves. This makes them flawed, not repugnant. Admire them for the good, don't whitewash or revision the bad while you admit they were awesome people but not perfect people.
    Liberal doesn’t mean libertarian in the US the way it does in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    No, we don't care about your libertarian "evidence".
    “To live without faith, without a heritage to defend, without battling constantly for truth, is not to live but to ‘get along’; we must never just ‘get along’.” - Pier Giorgio Frassati

  15. #1535
    irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,384

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    In the US, libertarian just means Republican who likes weed and hates age of consent.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.B.A.P.

  16. #1536

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    I think we can all agree that if there is one group that can be defined by its affinity to pedophilia its the Hollywood people and Democrat establishment in general.

  17. #1537

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I think we can all agree that if there is one group that can be defined by its affinity to pedophilia its the Hollywood people and Democrat establishment in general.
    Not really. We can't. We can agree that you're merely making stuff up based on not actual data but a few high profile media cases. Is this merely a projection?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  18. #1538

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Not really. We can't. We can agree that you're merely making stuff up based on not actual data but a few high profile media cases. Is this merely a projection?
    Like most right-wing arguments it's based entirely on their feelings. They wish it were true, because if their "enemies" are all child molesters it would make them feel upstanding and moral and righteous in comparison.

    They don't understand that objective reality doesn't take their feelings into account, or that actual good people have higher standards for themselves than "but at least I'm not a pedophile."

  19. #1539
    swabian's Avatar igni ferroque
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,932

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    If progressives weren't irrational and somewhat delusional people, then things that they would suggest would be ...sane? I mean progressives literally reject basic notions of science, economics and biology, they ignore common sense and only believe what TV news media tells them. And I'm saying this as a former leftist. Progressives in the West are less of a political movement and more of a religious cult, kinda similar to Heavens Gate or Jonestown.

    There is nothing wrong with a degree of progressivism where it is sensible, were it not for those extremes found in SJW zealotry. While a similar level of hysteria can be found on both sides if one looks for it hard enough, i have yet to observe in similar frequency these persona cults and conspiracy swamps ripe with delusion bordering towards the psychothic as they can be found among media culprits like Alex Jones and their alt-right orbiters. I mean, we're talking lizard people level of cerebral necrosis here. Where is this to be found among 'progressives' in the widest sense, even if including SJW zealots who more often than not simply get their rocks off on gleeful denounciation while at the same time being actually just timid little conformists who finally have a chance at bullying someone, if only via keyboard. Sure there is a lot of hysteria and black and white thinking going on, but where are the progressive zombie cultists shambling about? The little i see of them pales in comparison to the batpoopiness among Trumpists, evangelicals, milita-prepper-numbnuts and whatever populates the political fauna in the US.

  20. #1540

    Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    So that overwhelming evidence is a conservative think tank and a couple of newspaper articles. So no official political party policy platforms or manifestos, no statements from senior politicians, no opinion polling of self identified liberal or progressive voters?

    alhoon has done the same job by just spit-balling 'half'

    My concern, which should be obvious by now, is that some of the subjects that are brought up over and again in this thread (and it's conservative cousin) are strawman issues, being used in the same way that some liberals like to use things like the extreme-right card against conservatives (for example) - tar half of the electorate with fringe views to manipulate the debate to put them onto a defensive. I think this kind of discussion risks pushing more moderate people towards the very views the strawman assumes of them. Great if you're Heathen Hammer and want the world to be more extremist, or want to take advantage of the cleave in society. But I think most of us don't want that.
    Terry McAuliffe, Democrat candidate for Virginia gov supported it; famously declaring "“I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decision,” ... "I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

    Biden rescinded a Trump-era order that banned training that implies anyone is racist or sexist “by virtue of his or her race, sex, and/or national origin.” So this is a left-wing position, or at least supported by left wing establishment.

    He also appointed Precious McKesson to the Department of Education's Office of Communication and Outreach who believes CRT needs to be taught. Only reason why it isn't an official Democrat plank is because outside of liberal arts colleges, most rational people think CRT is left-wing drivel that has no place in a classroom.



    On an unrelated note, I do support Joe Biden's hands off approach to Turkey burning it's economy to the ground. So +1 for that
    Last edited by tgoodenow; November 30, 2021 at 02:13 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •