Page 52 of 143 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2857

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Default Re: President Biden's first year in office

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    We are laughing at you, not with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROK3QuKgOMI
    I can predict replies with the usual sophistry about it being not what Biden really meant or with some whataboutism about Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I can predict replies with the usual sophistry about it being not what Biden really meant or with some whataboutism about Trump.
    Why do you refuse to take Biden at his word? Are you some sort of covid disinformation spreader??? Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Because I am not lying. That you disagree with me and what your own quote says, makes you wrong, not me a liar. Sorry that it hurts your feelings but Bidet messed up big time.
    Now, moving on from the twisted logic presented by some posters to defend their glorious Bidet...
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/desantis-...tional-schools
    I need to find a grade-school level name-insult for that guy too. DeSantis just told people to not wear masks in schools. Vaccinated or not.
    Unless it is a vile masterplan to deal with old people in Florida, this is insanity.
    Trump was awesome in finding nicknames. Alas he hasn't found one for this idiot that hopes to be the new Trump.
    The quote I presented clearly says something different from what you suggested. This really isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    We are laughing at you, not with you. "LeT mE RePrEaT"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROK3QuKgOMI
    Now watch as you pivot to some other leftist cope lie "muh delta variant" or 'muh invaccinated trump supporters'. Because that is all you have left.
    Not really. I'm quite capable of recognizing different statements made at different times. Biden have always been following CDC recommendations as a president. Its kinda why CDC exists in the first place. On April 27, Biden tells people that they can not wear a mask if they're outside and not in a crowd per CDC recommendation. This was not a blanket "you no longer need to wear a mask" announcement as alhoon made it to be. Then on the anouncement you linked to from May 14, Biden tells vaccinated people that they don't need to wear a mask, per CDC recommendation. Again, this is still not a blanket "you no longer need to wear a mask" announcement. This really isn't a complex issue. We don't need to eliminate our standards for people's claims to make people feel better about them.
    The Armenian Issue

You have to understand how righties "think". Basically they have it beaten into them since early childhood that to change your mind about something is a sign of weakness and incompetence. Once something is determined by a snap judgement to be good or bad, true or false, it must remain that way forever regardless of any changing circumstances or new information. So they see Biden, Fauci, and anyone else changing their minds about masks as the pandemic runs it's course to mean they are lying and always have been.

If it were up to them we'd be trying to treat covid through bloodletting to balance our humors.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

At this point I think this thread has dissolved into partisan banter with no actual substance. Sharpen up people...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Aaaaand called it:
    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Not really. I'm quite capable of recognizing different statements made at different times. Biden have always been following CDC recommendations as a president. Its kinda why CDC exists in the first place. On April 27, Biden tells people that they can not wear a mask if they're outside and not in a crowd per CDC recommendation. This was not a blanket "you no longer need to wear a mask" announcement as alhoon made it to be. Then on the anouncement you linked to from May 14, Biden tells vaccinated people that they don't need to wear a mask, per CDC recommendation. Again, this is still not a blanket "you no longer need to wear a mask" announcement. This really isn't a complex issue. We don't need to eliminate our standards for people's claims to make people feel better about them.

Aaaaand called it:
    Except its not sophistry nor a difference of What Biden meant nor whataboutism. It's quite simple, in fact, which is what makes your attempt ridiculous. What's the logic behind you defying basic English comprehension to throw a jab at Biden like this?
    The Armenian Issue

What's with Democrat supporters deifying a semi-senile geriatric bureaucrat? Is it so hard to admit that he lied? All the mental gymnastics in pretending that it was something else just make his supporters look like a religious cult.

What's with Democrat supporters deifying a semi-senile geriatric bureaucrat? Is it so hard to admit that he lied? All the mental gymnastics in pretending that it was something else just make his supporters look like a religious cult.
    We're not even discussing whether Biden lied or not. In your attempt to deflect from being exposed of making stupid arguments you have wondered off by a long shot. Please come land back on planet Earth.
    The Armenian Issue

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The lack of self-awareness is astounding.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    The quote I presented clearly says something different from what you suggested. This really isn't rocket science.

DLS, you're arguing that "Biden tells vaccinated people that they don't need to wear a mask" doesn't mean "Biden tells vaccinated people that they don't need to wear a mask".
    I didn't say Bidet said unvaccinated people didn't need to wear a mask, I said Bidet, in his senile foolishness, told vaccinated people they don't need to wear a mask, dooming thousands of people to death.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    The lack of self-awareness is astounding.
    Did you expect more from the people who worship the guy who profited $300 million off "Stop the steal" and threw them under the bus without a second thought on Jan 6?

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

I didn't say Bidet said unvaccinated people didn't need to wear a mask, I said Bidet, in his senile foolishness, told vaccinated people they don't need to wear a mask, dooming thousands of people to death.
    Remember Kids, Bidet also said he got into the senate 180 years ago & that he has been vice president for 10 years...Bidet's cognitive decline is worrying, all bets are now on as to when he will be replaced by Kamala Harris!?
    Last edited by Stario; August 02, 2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    Remember Kids, Bidet also said he got into the senate 180 years ago & that he has been vice president for 10 years...Bidet's cognitive decline is worrying, all bets are now on as to when he will be replaced by Kamala Harris!?
    Well, as Trump showed us the President doesn't have too much power inside the USA. Governors, state legislatures + senate, house, Supreme Court divide the power between them and the PotUS. It is only in the foreign stuff that the PotUS can do a lot.
    So, I don't think Kamala Harris will replace him. I think she will get elected after him. And I can't wait to see Hillary's face when she campaigns for Kamala Harris to be the first woman president.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

So, I don't think Kamala Harris will replace him. I think she will get elected after him. And I can't wait to see Hillary's face when she campaigns for Kamala Harris to be the first woman president.
    Is this the same Kamela Harris that (when we look at her record as a prosecutor):

1. put over 1,500 people in prison for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana;

2. the same Kamela Harris that blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so; and

3. the same Kamela Harris that kept people in prison beyond their sentences in order to use them as cheap labour for the state of California...

Is this the same Kamela Harris that (when we look at her record as a prosecutor):

1. put over 1,500 people in prison for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana;

2. the same Kamela Harris that blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so; and

3. the same Kamela Harris that kept people in prison beyond their sentences in order to use them as cheap labour for the state of California...
    She was literally one of the least popular candidates in her very own party's primaries and it is likely she is going to take up POTUS role, despite being hilariously unpopular even within her own party. American "democracy" sure works in funny ways, while "checks and balances" take a hike until there is another pesky anti-establishment populist to suppress.

Yes. That very one.

I would also add:
    4. She went after minorities with vengeance (as it was easier to get them convicted) for drug and other offenses and then played the race card in the primaries.

5. She tore a new butthole to Bidet and then became his best buddy.

Kamala Harris' stance on blacks and Hispanics as a prosecutor is solid proof that:
    - Systemic racism exists as she went after them for easy convictions.
    - Being black / Indian doesn't mean you won't take advantage of systemic racism to step on the dead bodies of people with the same color like you.

That said:
    Yes, she's ambitious and ruthless. Yes, I disagree on many of her progressive ideas and I find her too far environmentalist.
    BUT... all these qualities don't make her a bad leader. FAR FROM IT.
    Putin and Xi are both ruthless and ambitious and have turned on their own when needed to promote their career and agendas.

Kamala Harris is a leader with bigger balls than Bidet's and Trump's combined.
    She's a leader. One I disagree with, but a leader.

USA could do MUCH worse than KH as PotUS. Bidet doesn't hold a candle to her.

Kamala / Ivanka 2024!!!!

Why K/I ? Come on... she's closer to Republicans than Democrats. Sure, she plays the LGBT thing but you can tell it doesn't define her. Her politics are strongly rightwing BUT climate.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 03, 2021 at 07:06 PM.

Do people seriously still pretend that politicians have ideas and values? She is a talking head, that represents nothing but interests of corporate elite, everything else such as views and values of politicians can be removed by Occam's razor, and Harris is a perfect example as hers have consistently changed to adapt to current trends, while implementing pro-establishment policies doing nothing above the absolute cosmetic minimum as per the policies promised during the election. Obama did this, Trump did this, Biden is doing it and you can bet Hunter's crack stash that so will Harris.
    America is just an oligarchy. A bit more subtle oligarchy then say Russia or China, but an oligarchy nonetheless.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Do people seriously still pretend that politicians have ideas and values? She is a talking head, that represents nothing but interests of corporate elite, everything else such as views and values of politicians can be removed by Occam's razor, and Harris is a perfect example as hers have consistently changed to adapt to current trends, while implementing pro-establishment policies doing nothing above the absolute cosmetic minimum as per the policies promised during the election. Obama did this, Trump did this, Biden is doing it and you can bet Hunter's crack stash that so will Harris.
    America is just an oligarchy. A bit more subtle oligarchy then say Russia or China, but an oligarchy nonetheless.
    Of course they have ideas and values. Their values might be "power is an end itself" or might be "I am obliged represent my corporate overlords to the best of my ability"

Be more accurate Heathen.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Of course they have ideas and values. Their values might be "power is an end itself" or might be "I am obliged represent my corporate overlords to the best of my ability"

Be more accurate Heathen.
    Indeed. I kinda admire the system American oligarchy has got going for itself. People can vote for whoever they want to represent them (which always comes down to whoever each of of the two party picks), that person can promise literally anything, but upon coming into the office can just ignore own promises entirely and focus on working for the interests of the oligarchy, then if/when he loses next election oligarchy can just pick another one from opposing party and then it looks like its people's fault for electing such candidates and not system's fault at all, isn't democracy wonderful?