Page 5 of 143 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Asked by reporters if he would support a budget resolution to pass the legislation, Manchin said, "I will only support moving in a bipartisan way." He added, "That means an open process. I've been very clear about that."

Manchin's comments come just a day after Democratic leaders in the House and Senate filed a joint budget resolution in an effort to pass President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan without any Republican votes. The resolution was filed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-manchin...eement-1566273
    My man Joe coming through in the clutch
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I am really interested to see what Sanders would do as head of that committee. I was and I am strongly opposed to Sanders' view on economics and his far left views on it but as head of a powerful committee he can both be effective and tempered if needed. He is not a bad person, just a person I disagree with.
    I hope he finds a way to undo Trump's tax cuts for the most loathsome of the idle rich, which were far more of a disaster for the country than the crumbs working people got.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I am really interested to see what Sanders would do as head of that committee. I was and I am strongly opposed to Sanders' view on economics and his far left views on it but as head of a powerful committee he can both be effective and tempered if needed. He is not a bad person, just a person I disagree with.
    Well, we cant always agree on everything.Healthy democracy is about living with disagreement.Peacefully. In my opinion,Sanders know hows to work with Republicans.

In nod to Sanders, Biden looks to adopt more progressive ...

It's not a coincidence...in nod to the most progressive Pope in history. That's my theory.

Try the test.
    Who said it: Bernie Sanders or Pope Francis? - CNN.com
    The Pope and Sanders don’t agree on everything, abortion and same-sex marriage being among the biggest points of conflict. But on economic and environmental issues at least, the Catholic prelate and secular Jewish senator sometimes sound like long, lost soulmates. Take a look below, for instance, and see if you can tell which man uttered the quote in question.
    As icing on the cake... you can't not agree with her, can you?

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    In other news, where's my mother ing money? I was told this by Biden a month ago, and as a Georgian I feel betrayed. Perhaps in the future we can anticipate pandemic bailout packages to favor corporations that are "too big to fail" as we witnessed during the bad old days of Bush/Obama. The average American counts way less than Bank of America, I suppose. In any event it seems that we can always count on crony establishment slime balls like Bush, Obama, and Biden to favor their corporate friends than the average American, but thank goodness the evil orange man is gone.
    You will be delighted to know that a consolation prize has been selected instead of the check. Your free Covid mask should be arriving in the mail soon.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    of course preferring Trump over Biden is basically the same as being a Nazi.
    No, but this is what the Republican Party stands for,
    GOP Reportedly Gives Marjorie Taylor Greene Standing Ovation
    House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy condemned the remarks, but refused to punish Ms Greene, saying the remarks were made before she was elected.
    Take note,
    “standing ovation”; “Before she was elected”.

Marjorie Taylor Greene's space laser and the age-old problem ...

First-term Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s claim that the 2018 California wildfires were ignited by a space laser controlled by a corporate cabal, including the Rothschild banking firm
    In December 2018, she shared a video on her Facebook page, which features a prominent British anti-Semite explaining that “Zionist supremacists have schemed to promote immigration and miscegenation.”
    In the United States, conspiracy theorists have become a dominant influence on only one of our two major political parties: the Republicans. The result is a political landscape in which right-wing anti-Semitism becomes more and more mainstreamed,even as Republicans win support among Orthodox Jews and loudly proclaim their pro-Israel bona fides.
    The overarching structure of the modern Western conspiracy theory - a global cabal manipulating the worldfrom behind the scenes for its own profit and power — is an anti-Semitic construct
    Let's keep in mind that Soros, the evil Jew, is behind the scenes. Times of Israel Rising conspiracy theory claims George Soros behind US ...
    On Monday, for instance, a guest on the Fox News Network called to throw Soros out of the country.
    “Follow the money and I suspect you’re going to find Open Society Foundation and George Soros’s fingerprints,” said Republican activist Niger Innis on The Ingraham Angle, referring to Soros’s grant-making foundation. “That man should have been deported several decades ago. He is the destruction to our civilization and a clear and present danger to our country.”
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 04, 2021 at 04:20 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    No, but this is what the Republican Party stands for,
    GOP Reportedly Gives Marjorie Taylor Greene Standing Ovation

Take note,
    “standing ovation”; “Before she was elected”.

Marjorie Taylor Greene's space laser and the age-old problem ...

Let's keep in mind that Soros, the evil Jew, is behind the scenes. Times of Israel Rising conspiracy theory claims George Soros behind US ...
    I wonder if Vox or the Huffpo reported about the congressional lawmaker publicly worrying about the Island of Guam tipping over if we put any more troops on it?..oh wait, that was a Democrat.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I wonder if Vox or the Huffpo reported about the congressional lawmaker publicly worrying about the Island of Guam tipping over if we put any more troops on it?..oh wait, that was a Democrat.
    Instead of addressing the points raised... B.W. makes a counter accusation about something unrelated in an attempt to shift the conversation into a direction where their opponent is on the defensive. A classic whataboutism.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Citizen

More,
    This is what the Republican Party stands for,
    Greene ... - TheHill

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) displayed a poster of a social media post from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) holding a gun next to three progressive Democrats during floor debate on a resolution to remove her from committees.
    "I ask my colleagues on the other side of the aisle when they take this vote: Imagine your faces on this poster. Imagine it’s a Democrat with an AR-15. Imagine what your response would be and would you think that that person ought to be held accountable?"
    In addition to her Facebook post touting herself as the "Squad's Worst Nightmare," Greene liked a comment in 2019 that said "a bullet to the head would be quicker" to remove Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)
    No comments needed.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

To be fair, who cares what ""Republicans"" think. The vast majority of them are cuckhold idiots with zero accountability or unaccountable neocons.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

A link or name would actually let me know what you are referencing.

-----------

You will be delighted to know that a consolation prize has been selected instead of the check. Your free Covid mask should be arriving in the mail soon.
    Last I checked everyone I know on the fastest track for checks got thier 600, and the plan is 1400 more. Free mask is a good frankly we should sending them out every year in flu season and depending on how covid mutations go every for that as well.
    Last edited by conon394; February 05, 2021 at 06:28 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Biden quietly expands the cages to accommodate more kids.

Running count of Biden Covid deaths, after we were told this. Thought Joe ran on a platform that orange man's plan was bad, and his plan would fix everything.

Only one? Where will I get the other two? Czar Fauci said I should wear three masks!
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; February 05, 2021 at 11:08 AM.

My favorite part of the mask debate is Asians have known about the efficacy of masks since SARS if not before and the nation’s top medical authorities act like humanity just found out through cutting edge Covid research, mostly to cover for the fact they said it’s not necessary to wear them at all unless you work in a hospital for half or more of last year.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

At least our leaders are taking their own mask mandates very seriously.

Biden violated his own federal mask mandate within hours of having signed it. When asked about it, the White House press secretary stated that "we have bigger issues to deal with".

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Biden violated his own federal mask mandate within hours of having signed it. When asked about it, the White House press secretary stated that "we have bigger issues to deal with".
    True, but, lawl

Is there a penalty for breaking the federal mask mandate and if so, why is Biden being held to the lowest possible standards of any sitting President since Obama? If there's a fine involved he should be forced to pay from the proceeds of his cut from Hunter Biden's "legitimate business dealings that totally were above board and ok."

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Instead of addressing the points raised... B.W. makes a counter accusation about something unrelated in an attempt to shift the conversation into a direction where their opponent is on the defensive. A classic whataboutism.
    Pointing out hypocrisy is whataboutism? This goes on in the right wing press as well, but those of us who read both recognize it and see it for what it is.

The narrative those articles are insidiously carrying is that all Republicans are bad. The fact is that Democrats are the party that marches in lockstep. Another fact is that there are whack jobs on both sides of the political fence. Anyone who follows politics objectively knows that.

These are dangerous times and the policies of President Xiden and the Democratic Party are not the policies of unity.

PAnother fact is that there are whack jobs on both sides of the political fence.
    One side is way better at carrying out politically motivated assassinations however, despite whatever AOC is claiming to be the victim of this hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    One side is way better at carrying out politically motivated assassinations however, despite whatever AOC is claiming to be the victim of this hour.
    In the case of Occasional Cortex, she was simply doing what she always does and that is exercising her cortex occasionally.

The "white extremist" Bernie supporter who attempted to assassinate a republican congressman was just an incidence of a "white extremist" being confused about his identity and going after the wrong people don't ya know. Guns in the hands of Democrats are a dangerous reality that we all have to be on the watch for.

"White extremist" democrats behaving like "white extremist" Democrats can be just as dangerous to other democrats as republicans:

https://michaelsavage.com/watch-warn...un-on-himself/

And, of course, we know we can count on the left-wing press's integrity when they tell us that Trump incited a riot at the Capital. After all, it is the same press that referred to these images as peaceful protests:

https://michaelsavage.com/these-capt...-all-the-time/
    Last edited by B. W.; February 05, 2021 at 01:35 PM.

But...but...that's just whataboutism!