Thread: President Biden's first term in office

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Protection of domestic manufacturing is not a right wing policy at all. Just because you think Democrats like China is not a valid argument for that. To argue that is quite against the nature of the whole idea of it.
    Protection of domestic manufacturing is not a right wing policy but it is a Republican policy. And as for Democrats and China, I remind you all the doom and gloom when Trump raised the tariffs. Not that the tariffs worked, I am not saying that. But it shows that between Republicans and Democrats, Republicans are more anti-China and the reason boil down to manufacturing fleeing to China.

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Same for Hillary repeating the Mantra for 4 years that the elections were rigged/hacked, and that it was possible to do so, and therefore Trump had to be removed and arrested [...]

You had Obama saying that for a few weeks, but backpedalled. Very different from Hillary Clinton who kept singing same stolen election lyrics for 4 years.

Do you have videos of Hillary saying the elections were stolen for years? Or even a couple of times?

Hilary called Trump to concede she lost the election.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 07, 2023 at 07:23 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

Do you have videos of Hillary saying the elections were stolen for years? Or even a couple of times?
    Well, for starters:

Hillary Clinton Says Russia Used Hacking ‘to Great Effect’ in Her Defeat
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/n...ion-trump.html

Hillary Clinton: Russians hacked every Florida county in 2016 elections
    https://eu.dispatch.com/story/news/p...ry/5343733007/

US hacking claims: Clinton blames Russia and FBI boss for loss
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38347684

Interesting read here:

The Dangers of saying Russia "Hacked" the 2016 Election
    https://news.ku.edu/2019/10/15/dange...-2016-election
    [...]The authors cite polls showing that large minorities of Democratic voters believe that Russians actually changed voting-machine tallies to help elect Donald Trump.
    So the belief that it was possible to change electronic votes becoming widespread comes since 2016 at least.

And the cherry on top of the cake, still in 2020:
    Exclusive: Microsoft believes Russians that hacked Clinton targeted Biden campaign firm
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2610I4

This all sources considered to be credible, even today.
    If Microsoft and credible newspapers considers it perfectly possible to remotely hack Biden's campaign, then it's also possible to target his oppositor campign. (mainly considering the votes are/were digital, and there's insistence on advertising this stolen election rethoric, regardless of side).

Now I'm not claiming whatever happened or not, just that plenty of establishment sided with hillary and biden with pro-vote hacking stories, then everyone gets shocked when people wonder if it could happen to people other than those two.
    Last edited by fkizz; March 07, 2023 at 07:50 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Well, for starters:

Hillary Clinton Says Russia Used Hacking ‘to Great Effect’ in Her Defeat
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/n...ion-trump.html

Hillary Clinton: Russians hacked every Florida county in 2016 elections

And the cherry on top of the cake, still in 2020.:
    Exclusive: Microsoft believes Russians that hacked Clinton targeted Biden campaign firm
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2610I4

This all sources considered to be credible, even today.
    If Microsoft considers it perfectly possible to remotely hack Biden's campaign, then it's also possible to target his oppositor campign. (mainly considering the votes are/were digital).

Now I'm not claiming whatever happened or not, just that plenty of establishment sided with hillary and biden with pro-vote hacking stories, then everyone gets shocked when people wonder if it could happen to people other than those two.
    But Hillary's accusation of hacking were accusations of hacking to get damaging information, not change election results. I.e. convince people to vote against Hillary/Biden, not change the votes. This is very different than accusations of entire boxes of ballots being burned or fake votes thrown in.

Example from NYT: "[Hilary] believes Russia contributed to her defeat by interfering in the election, condemning what she called Moscow’s “weaponization of information.
    See? Not changing election results. Using troll armies to influence, misinform and polarize.
    To put it in different words: Hilary accused Russia of covertly doing what USA does in a great many places and what both Israel and Saudi Arabia are openly doing in USA with their lobbies.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 07, 2023 at 07:40 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Protection of domestic manufacturing is not a right wing policy but it is a Republican policy. And as for Democrats and China, I remind you all the doom and gloom when Trump raised the tariffs. Not that the tariffs worked, I am not saying that. But it shows that between Republicans and Democrats, Republicans are more anti-China and the reason boil down to manufacturing fleeing to China.
    Nope. That's not a Republican policy at all. Heck, it goes against everything they believe in. It was a mere pause in their principles with thoughtless Trump chest thumping. There is even more merit in saying that Republicans are anti-China now because of Democrat's immediate stance against Russia. This is like talking about the state Georgia and thinking you're talking about the country.
    The Armenian Issue

But Hillary's accusation of hacking were accusations of hacking to get damaging information, not change election results. I.e. convince people to vote against Hillary/Biden, not change the votes. This is very different than accusations of entire boxes of ballots being burned or fake votes thrown in.
    I mean, we both can split hairs here over bits of logic and semantics, but a crowd full on emotions will get the core message: It's very possible to compromise an election, all the credible reference sources are even saying Amen Amen to such claim.
    That was a repeated mantra for 4 years. (Seems to still be repeated in 2020, going by Microsoft). And public target was/is a crowd full of emotions as is typical of election season.
    Well it got out of control.

Also from 2nd Link;
    Speaking Tuesday at the Time 100 event in New York, former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton claimed that U.S. government officials have “recently” revealed widespread Russian access to the election systems in all 67 Florida counties.
    [...] Just recently, the government, our government, finally acknowledged that the Russians were in the county election systems of every county in Florida [...]
    This isn't hacking to pass on disinformation, this implies something more specific.

Since I was still editing the post guess you missed it, so will repost just in case:
    The Dangers of saying Russia "Hacked" the 2016 Election
    https://news.ku.edu/2019/10/15/dangers-saying-russia-hacked-2016-election

[...]The authors cite polls showing that large minorities of Democratic voters believe that Russians actually changed voting-machine tallies to help elect Donald Trump [...]
    The promotion of the belief that voting machines can be digitally changed started to get built up in 2016, as a means to de-credit Trump. Well 4 years of momentum Democrats and Newspapers lost control of the narrative, because if it is claimed in agreement by all credible sources that e-votes can be changed in favour of Trump, then why would it be impossible to be done against Trump?
    Last edited by fkizz; March 07, 2023 at 08:46 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Clinton blames Russia for her loss to this day and the majority of registered Democrats still believe that. Democrats like to pretend election denial was invented in 2020, but they orchestrated the Russiagate narrative to torpedo Trump’s candidacy and doubled down on it after he won unexpectedly.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...gXe2l1kaVULuKU

Another Trump campaign promise... upheld by Biden.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

They suck so bad...

This pearl alone: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/13/p...ate/index.html

I've now come to the realization that a Trump administration might be the lesser "evil" in a strictly pragmatic sense. I still find his persona to be insulting to my senses. But look at the results and compare...

I'm especially worried about the influence of senator Warren, who appears to be a manifestation of destructive incompetence.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-app...69ff1dc1a0dca8

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...idency-survey/

Biden's approval rating is tanking again. The only hope Bidet has to win re-election is if the Republicans go with Trump or a MAGA candidate.
    And the Republicans seem to want to do just that.

The dual failure of the Joetatoe and Kackles regime continues to provide endless entertainment. What a complete goddamn embarrassment for our vice president diversity hire. lol

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Back in the day, we hated Bush. Oh well...

Where to escape... The US s or the EU nannies

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The dual failure of the Joetatoe and Kackles regime continues to provide endless entertainment. What a complete goddamn embarrassment for our vice president diversity hire. lol
    I watched the entire thing and... I don't get what you find embarrassing about it, Ponti.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If you take a step back and look at it you will notice that almost everything Biden did was one of Trump's ideas. Sure, there are tweaks here and there, and some of Trump's policies were taken two or three steps further than Trump would have, but overall it's like Trump never left office.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I watched the entire thing and... I don't get what you find embarrassing about it, Ponti.
    Her skin color probably. "Diversity hire" is a dogwhistle used by people like him to mean that a non-white person was hired solely for their skin color. Because they believe there is no way someone of an 'inferior race' could actually qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    If you take a step back and look at it you will notice that almost everything Biden did was one of Trump's ideas. Sure, there are tweaks here and there, and some of Trump's policies were taken two or three steps further than Trump would have, but overall it's like Trump never left office.
    That is interesting... can you give more concrete examples? Obviously I don't mean everything but something more solid.
    From the top of my mind, I would say that Trump would not send so many guns to Ukraine, if he did at all. I don't think that was any of his ideas. I also don't think Trump would turn the government towards supporting environmental regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Her skin color probably. "Diversity hire" is a dogwhistle used by people like him to mean that a non-white person was hired solely for their skin color. Because they believe there is no way someone of an 'inferior race' could actually qualify.
    Diversity hires are a thing. Not everyone disagrees with diversity hires either, as you can see in the link; the NBC for example used to think it is a good thing.

Regardles... Kamala Harris was not hired. She was elected. Whether you agree or disagree with Biden and Harris (I personally am underwhelmed with her performance) the majority voted for her on the ticket. Perhaps many voted whomever was not Trump. But still, she was elected, not hired.

Harris was selected as Biden’s running mate primarily due to her race and gender. That’s what “diversity hire” means.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Harris was selected as Biden’s running mate primarily due to her race and gender. That’s what “diversity hire” means.
    Could she be selected as his running mate without her credentials as a former district attorney of San Francisco, attorney general and senator of California?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Could she be selected as his running mate without her credentials as a former district attorney of San Francisco, attorney general and senator of California?
    She was a bad choice, though. She is combative, uncompromising where she should seek compromise and seems out of touch.
    In all probability, there were other former district attorneys/attorney generals/senators that could do the job better considering that many in her own party don't like her. Harris is more disliked than Biden.

She was a bad choice, though. She is combative, uncompromising where she should seek compromise and seems out of touch.
    In all probability, there were other former district attorneys/attorney generals/senators that could do the job better considering that many in her own party don't like her. Harris is more disliked than Biden.
    How do you know that exactly?
    The Armenian Issue