Thread: President Biden's first term in office

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

I take note that you just take the data mentioned by your interlocutors as true, "in good faith". a commendable position.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I take note that you just take the data mentioned by your interlocutors as true, "in good faith". a commendable position.
    -_-
    I sense a trap here... what do you mean Mishkin?

PS. I don't take the data mentioned by my interlocutors as true in good faith. I take that the sources they mention say what they mention.
    I.e. I take in good faith that Ponti was not LYING about what his source was saying. If his source was false, which it may be, it is not his fault nor it is a lie.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Trusting Pontifex is not "making it up". It's called "taking a post in good faith".
    Pointing at an article you didn't even take a look at is not trusting him, it's making stuff up. Heck, he didn't even give anyone clear indication that the number he used comes from that article. You're over relying on poor argumentation on your part way too much.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Pointing at an article you didn't even take a look at is not trusting him, it's making stuff up. Heck, he didn't even give anyone clear indication that the number he used comes from that article. You're over relying on poor argumentation on your part way too much.
    You could properly deny it if you bothered to deal with the paywall.
    Otherwise you're making stuff up aswell.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Not if hes making an observation about the behaviour that's not behind the paywall. Just saying.

More generally Biden has poor document control, like H Clinton and Pence did. None of them as bad as the Orange Jackass, but that's a low bar to clear.

Remember the fuss about Clintons shoddy cavalier email storage? Seemed awful at the time, seems like golden age now. I honestly think, terrible as she was, she was in hindsight a better candidate than the clown and the stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    I'm not denying it though. I'm asking about it. It helps to read what people actually argue.
    The Armenian Issue

Far right white nationalist mayor Eric Adams has gone on record, this time describing immigration as harmful and comparing the influx of New Americans TM to a house fire which the federal government is unwilling or incapable of extinguishing.
    I believe that when I took the trip to El Paso, you could see firsthand the impact of how it not only harms the foundation of El Paso, but look at Chicago, Houston, Washington, New York City. This is just unfair for cities to carry the weight of a national problem. We are going to open four more hotels, emergency hotels, we had to open HERRCs.

We have to have real comprehensive immigration policies, and I think that the Republicans have blocked it for many years. We have to come to the table to do so, but that's a long-term plan. What's the short-term plan? If my house is burning, I don't want to hear about fire prevention. Let's put out the fire. And the fire right now is the over-proliferation of migrant and asylum seekers in several cities in the country.

https://www.nyc.gov/office-of-the-ma...s-morning-joe-
    In a nod to Nazi firebrand Donald Trump, Adams is seen here calling even Republicans soft on immigration. He claims the Biden Administration has failed to coordinate with him on how the richest city in the world can manage to deal with roughly 25,000 migrants since last spring, and comparing his situation to that of El Paso, a much poorer city which takes in that many every 10 days. This is a standard talking point of white nationalists, who often portray immigration in hyperbolic terms as an overwhelming attack or invasion.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://news.yahoo.com/january-may-d...022139943.html

In a surprising development, at least for me, the USA has the lowest unemployment since 1969.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The only appropriate response to Chinese balloons:

https://youtube.com/shorts/z8-GqNGANS8?feature=share
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Trans activists have assaulted and seized the Oklahoma state capitol to halt the democratic process. This comes in the wake of President Biden’s remarks that “no one should be allowed” to pass bills like the ones the activists are trying to forcibly stop, like banning sex changes on kids.
    Transgender rights activists occupied the Oklahoma state Capitol’s rotunda on Monday to protest a push by Republicans to limit so-called gender-affirming care in the state.

About 150 people, many holding signs and banners, chanted “Trans lives matter” ahead of a new legislative session in which GOP lawmakers had pre-filed bills aimed at curtailing treatments like hormone replacement therapy

https://nypost.com/2023/02/07/trans-...ahoma-capitol/
    This is the worst attack on our Republic since the Civil War. I’m sure the Jan 6 committee will be all over this. Biden’s complicity no doubt means impeachment is in order for inciting an insurrection. Extreme TLM Democrats just don’t threaten our personal and economic rights, they embrace political violence. They refuse to accept the will of the people. They threaten our very democracy. This is a battle for the soul of the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Trans activists have assaulted and seized the Oklahoma state capitol to halt the democratic process. This comes in the wake of President Biden’s remarks that “no one should be allowed” to pass bills like the ones the activists are trying to forcibly stop, like banning sex changes on kids.

This is the worst attack on our Republic since the Civil War. I’m sure the Jan 6 committee will be all over this. Biden’s complicity no doubt means impeachment is in order for inciting an insurrection. Extreme TLM Democrats just don’t threaten our personal and economic rights, they embrace political violence. They refuse to accept the will of the people. They threaten our very democracy. This is a battle for the soul of the nation.
    Any guns found?

Anyone dead?

Putin's war not going so well and need a distraction?

In other news: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-becom...rusade-1779951

On Wednesday, Democratic Representative Gerry Connolly flipped the House Oversight Committee's hearing on its head, using the testimony of former Twitter executives to confirm that it was Trump who first asked the social media platform to remove certain tweets.
    In response to a mean tweet that model Chrissy Teigen penned about Trump, Twitter received a request from the White House asking for the post to be evaluated and taken down "because it was a derogatory statement directed toward the president," former Twitter policy official Annika Collier Navaroli confirmed.
    Quoting House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer's opening statement about it being "wrong for the government to call Twitter and say, take down a tweet," Connolly suggested that Trump had violated the very concerns that Republicans made the focus of the hearing.
    "My, my, my. What happens when you hold a hearing, and you can't prove your point?" Connolly said at the end of his allotted time.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; February 09, 2023 at 09:00 AM.

Trans activists stormed the state Capitol with the same goal the Jan 6 protestors had: to halt a democratic process they didn’t like. Surely Democrats will take federal action since they consider that sort of stuff an insurrection bordering on civil war. I won’t hold my breath, given liberal activists pulled a similar stunt in 2011 in Wisconsin and faced no consequences, beyond a handful of arrested demonstrators who attempted to physically assault lawmakers. There is one key difference I’ll grant you: the cops shot and killed an unarmed woman on Jan 6.
    Swing and a miss. Trump’s request to take down the Tweet in question was denied. By contrast, the Biden White House and other federal institutions have routinely work with Big Tech to censor online political speech.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; February 09, 2023 at 11:29 AM.

Babbitt was a delusional, violent and unstable woman who was duped into thinking that the election was stolen. The funniest part? She threw her life away for a conman who has nothing but sneering contempt for her and everyone like her. All of his life Trump's most cherished dream has been to be accepted by New York high society and Hollywood bigwigs as one of them. But people like Babbitt or any of the other red state MAGAs who shower him with love and devotion and money? He despises them and the quickest way to get under his skin is to compare him to them.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Trans activists stormed the state Capitol with the same goal the Jan 6 protestors had: to halt a democratic process they didn’t like. Surely Democrats will take federal action since they consider that sort of stuff an insurrection bordering on civil war.
    Swing and a miss. The real headline is peaceful protest held on state capitol premises. That headline probably wouldn't get as many rage clicks or provide a lazy attempt at...whatever you're going for here.

I won’t hold my breath, given liberal activists pulled a similar stunt in 2011 in Wisconsin and faced no consequences, beyond a handful of arrested demonstrators who attempted to physically assault lawmakers.
    So...people who attempted to hijack a peaceful protest and acting violent were arrested. Seems like there were consequences.

There is one key difference I’ll grant you: the cops shot and killed an unarmed woman on Jan 6.
    I'll give it to ya, other than the the deranged cultist who got shot trying to break through a police barricade (despite warnings), the nearly 140 capitol police injured, the physical damage caused, the bombs placed, they're basically the same thing. Details...who needs 'em?
    Last edited by irontaino; February 09, 2023 at 05:42 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Swing and a miss. The real headline is peaceful protest held on state capitol premises. That headline probably wouldn't get as many rage clicks or provide a lazy attempt at...whatever you're going for here.
    Over 100 people stormed and occupied (the words used by both supporters and critics) the capitol building to halt a democratic process they didn’t like, shouting slogans and such.
    So...people who attempted to hijack a peaceful protest and acting violent were arrested. Seems like there were consequences.
    Really? So the FBI spent months hunting down everyone who entered the Capitol for trespassing, disrupting the legislature, and disorderly conduct?
    I'll give it to ya, other than the the deranged cultist who got shot trying to break through a police barricade (despite warnings), the nearly 140 capitol police injured, the physical damage caused, the bombs placed, they're basically the same thing. Details...who needs 'em?
    I guess it’s a good thing Babbit was white, since killing unarmed people is fine so long as there’s no narrative of racial bias involved. The pipe bomber targeted the RNC as well so feel free to explain how Trump or the rioters were involved with that. You may also want to tip off the FBI. So property damage = insurrection? Not because people stormed and occupied the Capitol?

Citizen

Over 100 people stormed and occupied (the words used by both supporters and critics) the capitol building to halt a democratic process they didn’t like, shouting slogans and such.

Really? So the FBI spent months hunting down everyone who entered the Capitol for trespassing, disrupting the legislature, and disorderly conduct?
    Who died? Was the intention to overthrow the government, or to protest a piece of legislation? It's not like they were planning to kidnap the governor or something. What did it add up to other than a minor inconvenience? The violent agitators were arrested on the spot rather than being allowed to go on with their lives for months.

I guess it’s a good thing Babbit was white, since killing unarmed people is fine so long as there’s no narrative of racial bias involved.
    So you think she was trying to break through a police barricade peacefully, then?

The pipe bomber targeted the RNC as well so feel free to explain how Trump or the rioters were involved with that.
    So you're just gonna sit there and pretend that the cultists weren't chanting for Mike Pence to be hanged? Do you also think that other perceived RINOs or anyone who dared criticize Trump weren't also in the cult's crosshairs?

So property damage = insurrection? Not because people stormed and occupied the Capitol?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

I guess it’s a good thing Babbit was white, since killing unarmed people is fine so long as there’s no narrative of racial bias involved. The pipe bomber targeted the RNC as well so feel free to explain how Trump or the rioters were involved with that. You may also want to tip off the FBI. So property damage = insurrection? Not because people stormed and occupied the Capitol?
    Again, you don't understand.
    Leftists don't storm and occupy anything. They peacefully and politely make their views known.
    Now, pathetic gutless nazis might demand martial law in response to citizens exercising their Constitutionally guaranteed rights, demand that they be summarily arrested, stripped of Constitutional protections and shipped off to prison camps as terrorists...
    But that would be what pathetic gutless nazis do.
    And even if leftists did storm and occupy Capitols, or were not always peaceful, well that would be a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Who died? Was the intention to overthrow the government, or to protest a piece of legislation? It's not like they were planning to kidnap the governor or something. What did it add up to other than a minor inconvenience? The violent agitators were arrested on the spot rather than being allowed to go on with their lives for months.
    The FBI has found little or no evidence Jan. 6 was an organized plot to overturn the election. Pointing out no one tried to stop or shoot the TLM or Madison protestors as they stormed the respective Capitols is a difference you probably don’t want to highlight.
    So you think she was trying to break through a police barricade peacefully, then?
    Well she was a Trump supporter, so obviously trespassing and destruction of property warrants summary execution in her case.
    So you're just gonna sit there and pretend that the cultists weren't chanting for Mike Pence to be hanged? Do you also think that other perceived RINOs or anyone who dared criticize Trump weren't also in the cult's crosshairs?
    I’m sure you’ve got it all figured out. Like I said, please do inform law enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144
    And even if leftists did storm and occupy Capitols, or were not always peaceful, well that would be a good thing.
    The narratives do always merge at some point.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; February 09, 2023 at 08:32 PM.

Citizen

The FBI has found little or no evidence Jan. 6 was an organized plot to overturn the election.
    Nobody accused the MAGA cult of being an intelligent lot

Pointing out no one tried to stop or shoot the TLM or Madison protestors as they stormed the respective Capitols is a difference you probably don’t want to highlight.
    Were the TLM and Madison protests violent? Jan 6th was. As you pointed out, the people who tried to get violent in Madison were arrested on the spot. Sounds like consequences to me.

Well she was a Trump supporter, so obviously trespassing and destruction of property warrants summary execution in her case.
    Nah, she was trying to break a barricade so she and the violent mob could harm the people on the other side. The mob backed down quickly after that, so crisis averted.

I’m sure you’ve got it all figured out. Like I said, please do inform law enforcement.
    So yes, you're gonna pretend that didn't happen.

A.B.A.P.

Were the TLM and Madison protests violent? Jan 6th was. As you pointed out, the people who tried to get violent in Madison were arrested on the spot. Sounds like consequences to me.
    Storming and occupying Capitols is a violent affair, yes, especially if the cops try to barricade and shoot the people doing it. If they don’t, I suppose the occupation could last for weeks or months as it did In Madison, instead of the four hour “worst attack since the Civil War” on Jan 6.
    Nah, she was trying to break a barricade so she and the violent mob could harm the people on the other side. The mob backed down quickly after that, so crisis averted.
    #ACAB lmao