Thread: President Biden's first term in office

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    I hear over and over again that America needs more than 2 parties. Is it true?
    Yes. Bipartisanship could work inside the states, the smaller states. For the larger states you need 2 major parties and a couple smaller with different agendas to make coalitions.
    And all those parties in states should be effectively independent from the parties in the next state. That way, you could have conservative or progressive alliances in the senate and house, not the current system that, especially after Trump, demands severe obedience to the over-reaching party rule.

If the parties were state-oriented, it would be harder for lobbies to control them. Some lobbies could "win" in A, B, C states and some in D and E. Sure, some lobbies would be more influential, but it would be a large board.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

@Cyclops

First do recall this ani't no parliamentary system Biden operates within, nor is it a unitary system what any presidential administration can do is constrained. Given that few presidents have had the sweeping freedom the say LBJ enjoyed after the 1964 election or the FDR enjoyed or that even Bushjr had briefly after 9/11.

Second "but there all the pix of him sniffing hair so maybe he is creepy." Really you are going to ride alone with America main stream media both sider-ism and rest you case on that. Geez the republicans back a guy who is accused of multiple incidents of sexual assault, has affairs, and pays hush money boasts about grabbing women by the pussy makes some really weird comments about his daughter and you pick up that to say Biden is creepy???

nominate Sanders and Pence right off the bat as experienced politicians with at least an appearance of integrity.
    HA ha Pence. Sorry nobody that serves with Trump as any reputation for integrity. Why are you bringing a right wing evangelical hack in a conversation about a democrat? I take it you have no ideal what his record as governor of in Indiana was? Suffice to the cognitive dissonance in tossing his name out and then suggesting AOC in the same post is vast.

Sanders sure I guess. I like him but book mark this for now.

Anyways he (sanders) lost twice in an open nomination process sorry he simply is not able to carry the party...

Theceay he was nominated stank, looked like they were going to get Bernie (another old guy but at least not an establishment drone) until the super delegates over ruled the delegates.
    You are rehashing Bernie bro online kvetching from 2016 that did not really happen anyway. In 2020 Biden won hands down in votes and delegates and faced a massive diverse field - there was no cheating on his side or something.

I'll go with AOC not for any track record but because she makes the Republicans act crazy, maybe she's someone who would make for positive change. They are all very unlikely to get thd job
    First don't get me wrong I like AOC. But so you are now admitting you are tossing in comments as an outsider. AOC would not have won Biden could and did. That means a lot more to me than a vanity campaign. Because as a resident of the US any Democratic who hoisted themselves on the stage to run for the nomination outside of Bloomberg or Yang was vastly over replacement level of Trump in my view.

The business as usual choice was Biden, I guess thats what I have against him as much as anything.
    Not really actually competent democratic administration.

How has Biden bucked the status qou? The student debt thing was a furphy, hes continued Trumps pragmatic decision to exit Afghanistan and hes fighting a proxy war in Ukraine, all pretty stock standard.
    Trump withdrew from A-stan last I check he kicked that can down the road to either not his problem or a second term... Biden was one who bucked enormous pressure to go back on the deal. It was in any case a crap deal and it was a really courageous move to keep to it even though it was going to lead too the collapse of the government

Ukraine is hardly normal. In fact Biden's carful open use of intel and being right was a very deft way of walking back the damage done by the Bush Jr admin.

Biden as been the most pro labor/union president in at least 2 generations. I don't see how you can blow off the student policy. HIs move on pot is pretty profound and a long time coming and something Obama could have done but did not. He has held the senate together on a razor thin margin to get appointments in. He got an infrastructure bill passed. A green bill passed. Put to gather the first real nod to industrial policy this country as seen in ages.

But due wow me from Australia Cyclops tell me how AOC with a 50/50 senate and a slim house majority and hostile conservative supreme court and enough wacko rightwing federalist judges on the district bench you can go judge shopping for a one page lune right wing decision. How she magically bring about some mystical left wing agenda with a green lantern ring. Or maybe I would just feel better somehow with a second Trump term but could say well I showed him I voted for AOC just like all those ass hats who voted for not Gore but Nader so they could wallow in ideological purity (no matter how many Iraqis it killed)
    Last edited by conon394; November 26, 2022 at 10:08 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Posting this mostly for me,

Hello future me, gas is $2.17 per gallon right now. How angry are you?
    What is the gas price now?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    What is the gas price now?
    Pretty damn good if can get E85 too bad its not a easy choice for most vehicals.
    Last edited by conon394; December 02, 2022 at 09:58 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Why is he creepy? He not banging interns.
    Perhaps, I'm not so certain. But things I find creepy if they happened to my family:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/3319322002/
    In an article published Friday under the headline, "An Awkward Kiss Changed How I Saw Joe Biden," Flores recounted how Biden allegedly grabbed her shoulders from behind and kissed her head backstage during a rally in Las Vegas before the 2014 election.
    https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-...zzm-story.html
    "It wasn't sexual, but he did grab me by the head," Amy Lappos told The Courant Monday. "He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth."
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...en-unwanted-t/
    Ms. Caruso told The Times that Mr. Biden, the undeclared front-runner for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, put his hand on her thigh, despite her squirming back at him.At the encounter three years ago at an event on sexual assault at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, Mr. Biden also hugged Ms. Caruso “just a little bit too long,” she said.
    There are a few others which like the ones above, but I'll just go with this last one for women:
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/tara-r...ical-firestorm

She continued: “His hands were on me and underneath my clothes, and he went down my skirt and then up inside it and he penetrated me with his fingers and he was kissing me at the same time and he was saying some things to me.”Reade claimed Biden first asked if she wanted “to go somewhere else.”
    “I pulled away, he got finished doing what he was doing,” Reade said. “He said: ‘Come on, man. I heard you liked me.’”
    What I liked about this article as opposed to Pravda, they actually present the evidence. They have the mothers call, the friends, and the ex-husbands statement. It also went into where is the "#METOO" movement, considering the evidence she had compared to Christine Ford. At the beginning of this I would here why would Ford lie (hint ask her lawyer).
    Then there is this, where I call him CREEPY JOE:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H5NJZMDumY
    Some I could see overlooking, but others like the girl in the red dress stands out (2:02). (2:36) is another that is a creepy standout.

So yes CREEPY JOE!

Tfw Biden hires a cross-dresser with a fetish for stealing women’s clothing and canine sexual role play for a job requiring high security clearance, and he proceeds to get arrested and charged with a felony two separate times, while still keeping his job. Peak clown world.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...uitcase-theft/
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Tfw Biden hires a cross-dresser with a fetish for stealing women’s clothing and canine sexual role play for a job requiring high security clearance, and he proceeds to get arrested and charged with a felony two separate times, while still keeping his job. Peak clown world.

Nothing to do with Biden though. Biden didn't hire that fellow. It is in an article I have posted a few weeks ago. https://thedispatch.com/article/fact...t-biden-hired/
    He was in that department and rose up.

Well at least he isn’t a racist.....well except for this:
    https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feat...des-of-racism/
    and this:
    https://www.heritage.org/progressivi...racist-remarks
    This is rehash of the above but it doesn’t have the videos. But there is this truth:
    Any one of these statements or episodes would have been enough to sink the political career of any conservative in Washington, D.C., against whom tenuous accusations of racism are commonplace and occur almost daily.

But Joe Biden, who has a lifetime of them, is now president of the United States. On some days and in some ways, it must be good to be on the left.

Nothing to do with Biden though. Biden didn't hire that fellow. It is in an article I have posted a few weeks ago. https://thedispatch.com/article/fact...t-biden-hired/
    Yeah, but the right still needs to blame Biden for anything they don't like. Trying to tell them that all of it has other causes or exists only in their overactive imaginations is like trying to convince a 14th century peasant witches had nothing to do with his cart wheel breaking. It's the only way they can rationalize a world that operates far, far beyond their ability to understand.

Your article is paywalled and I can’t find any info online supporting your claim. He didn’t work for the Office of Nuclear Energy until he was selected for the leadership position by the Biden Administration in January 2022. Seeing as how Biden was celebrated on the left for “making history” vis a vis Brinton, your contention is disingenuous, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Yahoo! Lifestyle noted that Brinton "may be the first openly gender-fluid person in federal government leadership" after they were selected by the Biden administration to be the deputy assistant secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition in the Office of Nuclear Energy for the Department of Energy in January 2022.[6]
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Yeah, but the right still needs to blame Biden for anything they don't like. Trying to tell them that all of it has other causes or exists only in their overactive imaginations is like trying to convince a 14th century peasant witches had nothing to do with his cart wheel breaking. It's the only way they can rationalize a world that operates far, far beyond their ability to understand.
    LOL, this is a pot and kettle situation. You don't blame everything on the Republicans?

Your article is paywalled and I can’t find any info online supporting your claim. He didn’t work for the Office of Nuclear Energy until he was selected for the leadership position by the Biden Administration in January 2022. Seeing as how Biden was celebrated on the left for “making history” vis a vis Brinton, your contention is disingenuous, to say the least.
    Well, as I said, this is not a Biden appointment. The crossdresser has the bonna-fides and the diplomas. He was hired by the office on his credentials (ignoring that he looks like... what he does). He was not hired by Biden. It was in a couple of articles I have read back then but now it will take a LOT of digging to find them.

Well, as I said, this is not a Biden appointment. The crossdresser has the bonna-fides and the diplomas. He was hired by the office on his credentials (ignoring that he looks like... what he does). He was not hired by Biden. It was in a couple of articles I have read back then but now it will take a LOT of digging to find them.
    His wiki says he was appointed by the Biden Admin. Do you think Biden personally reviews the applications of most hires in the federal government or something? Plus, that has nothing to do with the fact he was obviously hired because of his identity politics. He’s been a lobbyist and activist for years. Do you think there aren’t any qualified nuclear engineers who aren’t mentally ill?

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

mentally ill?
    sorry that guy has been declared mentally ill? what illness?

Compulsive theft is a sign of mental illness, regardless of whether he’s a full blown kleptomaniac. Compulsively stealing women’s clothing and accessories in particular is the sort of thing serial killers like BTK, Russel Williams and Jerry Brudos did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwulf View Post
    LOL, this is a pot and kettle situation. You don't blame everything on the Republicans?
    Because only the Democrats actually want this country to prosper. Many voters went looking for a Republican policy in 2020 and 2022, but apart from cutting taxes for their mega-wealthy donors and waging weird and pointless wars against 'woke', they couldn't find any.

If Republicans had good ideas that voters would like, they wouldn't mind when people voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Because only the Democrats actually want this country to prosper. Many voters went looking for a Republican policy in 2020 and 2022, but apart from cutting taxes for their mega-wealthy donors and waging weird and pointless wars against 'woke', they couldn't find any.

If Republicans had good ideas that voters would like, they wouldn't mind when people voted.
    Your simply wrong, and I showed that on the other thread (with many citation). I watch and read both sides but you seem to be captivated by PRAVDA and won't go outside of that.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Compulsive theft is a sign of mental illness, regardless of whether he’s a full blown kleptomaniac. Compulsively stealing women’s clothing and accessories in particular is the sort of thing serial killers like BTK, Russel Williams and Jerry Brudos did.
    In the event that this were a case of kleptomania, the most serious thing that can be associated is pyromania (in the sense that there are cases in which both disorders occur together). trying to associate this person (via a supposed kleptomania and interest in women's clothing) with serial killers is absolute madness.

By all means, let’s continue defending the criminally insane cross dresser who likes to role play bestiality while also insisting he has nothing to do with his employer who celebrated and hired him for it. Peak Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    sorry that guy has been declared mentally ill? what illness?
    Kleptomania and we don't wait for experts to diagnose people here, Mishkin. A great many people have declared Trump was mentally unfit for office in 2016 and that Biden is unfit for office in 2020.