Thread: President Biden's first term in office

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    You linked to some shootings perpetrated by Nazis/white supremacists.
    Exactly, right wingers/conservatives. White supremacy is part and parcel of American conservatism.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Exactly, right wingers/conservatives. White supremacy is part and parcel of American conservatism.
    Lol. If you two want to call me/“my side” Nazis as a projection/deflection of leftist extremism just say so. As someone who routinely falls on the center left of the political spectrum, I don’t consider it worth my time to dissect. It’s been the cliche centerpiece of DNC talking points since the dawn of the internet and it’s that kind of stupidity that motivated Brandt to murder Ellingson, which my interlocutor justified as an act of defensive war - the same sort of justification used by the extremists he/she referenced.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; September 23, 2022 at 11:12 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Lol. If you two want to call me/“my side” Nazis as a projection/deflection of leftist extremism just say so. As someone who routinely falls on the center left of the political spectrum, I don’t consider it worth my time to dissect. It’s been the cliche centerpiece of DNC talking points since the dawn of the internet and it’s that kind of stupidity that motivated Brandt to murder Ellingson, which my interlocutor justified as an act of defensive war - the same sort of justification used by the extremists he/she referenced.
    A single, isolated incident is being twisted to satisfy the right's persecution complex, assuming it happened anything like it's being portrayed. Because being an eternal, put-upon victim is part of the narrative that binds the right together and gives them carte blanche to harm others. If there is no oppressor, they need to invent one.

Funny how that that story is being so heavily promoted on other boards and comment sections by people who have also been posting fawning essays about what a manly man's man Putin is and how Ukraine is going to collapse any moment because Russia stronk.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence and you are certainly not being used by the FSB against your own country.

Wait - so now the murder was self defense AND a Russian false flag op? You may want to double check the last transmission from Q.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; September 24, 2022 at 06:03 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    A single, isolated incident is being twisted to satisfy the right's persecution complex, assuming it happened anything like it's being portrayed. Because being an eternal, put-upon victim is part of the narrative that binds the right together and gives them carte blanche to harm others. If there is no oppressor, they need to invent one.

Funny how that that story is being so heavily promoted on other boards and comment sections by people who have also been posting fawning essays about what a manly man's man Putin is and how Ukraine is going to collapse any moment because Russia stronk.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence and you are certainly not being used by the FSB against your own country.
    Don't know about any of that other stuff, but that they have to take an isolated incident and blow it up and latch on to it like that is kinda par the course for them cause they wanna be victims so badly. They tend to ignore that the majority of domestic terror in the US is perpetrated by right wing extremists.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Projection off the charts lol. Equating conservatives with Nazi extremists and enemies of the state is the same justification Brandt used. Either it’s irrelevant propaganda or it’s justified because what about Nazis. Let’s pick a narrative, shall we?
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; September 24, 2022 at 10:41 AM.

As someone who routinely falls on the center left of the political spectrum
    What policy positions do you hold that you believe are center left?
    What planks of the GOP platform so you disagree with?

Probably related to healthcare, antitrust and labor. Though actual policy prescriptions that might approach my theoretical views are likely outside relevant political discourse.

Probably related to healthcare, antitrust and labor. Though actual policy prescriptions that might approach my theoretical views are likely outside relevant political discourse.
    Single-payer healthcare or a "public option"?
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

I think if it were possible to reorganize the US healthcare system around local/regional private cooperatives, that would be ideal. I would include breaking up large health insurance companies as part of that initiative, to make room for them. An income based public option might work in that framework, and the VA is a preferable direction for what that option should look like IMO, as opposed to something like Medicare for All.

Deregulation of pharmaceutical industry will also help, as emerging competition would help reducing the healthcare costs to their more rational size.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Deregulation of pharmaceutical industry will also help, as emerging competition would help reducing the healthcare costs to their more rational size.
    Nope, it would not. Deregulation will crush the competition and create an oligopoly.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-ron-desantis/

It’s been a week of political whiplash for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), who in a matter of days has gone from top foil to the Biden White House to a willing partner with the president and his team.
    It was Sept. 20 when the White House was on alert for the potential that DeSantis was organizing a flight of migrants from Texas to President Biden’s home state of Delaware, his latest move to draw attention to the surge of immigrants at the southern border and what he viewed as the responsibility of blue states to share the burden.

One week later, DeSantis was on the phone with Biden in the first of three calls the two men have held this week to coordinate the response to Hurricane Ian as the storm knocked out power, flooded communities and destroyed homes across the state of Florida.
    Biden's main flaw is he is too nice. He's helping the MAGA cult even as they routinely accuse him of molesting children and treason and demand his imprisonment and execution. He isn't threatening to withhold disaster relief from Florida unless they get down on their knees and grovel at his feet unlike Trump and the MAGA cult usually do.

Notice also how the MAGA cult is against disaster relief for others, but will greedily grab for every cent they can get and then demand more when they 'need' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-ron-desantis/

Biden's main flaw is he is too nice. He's helping the MAGA cult even as they routinely accuse him of molesting children and treason and demand his imprisonment and execution. He isn't threatening to withhold disaster relief from Florida unless they get down on their knees and grovel at his feet unlike Trump and the MAGA cult usually do.

Notice also how the MAGA cult is against disaster relief for others, but will greedily grab for every cent they can get and then demand more when they 'need' it.
    Being the President of the ENTIRE USA, not just the states that voted for you, is not a flaw, it's the job description.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Being the President of the ENTIRE USA, not just the states that voted for you, is not a flaw, it's the job description.
    Maybe it was that way once, but Trump has set the bar so low that now not singling out people who didn't vote for you for punishment is considered something extraordinarily nice rather than the bare minimum.

Remember guys, when Bidet bent the knee and kissed Saudi rings? Despite the Saudis being worse than the Russians and invading Yemen?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bump-miss...212154954.html

He sold out for nothing.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Remember guys, when Bidet bent the knee and kissed Saudi rings? Despite the Saudis being worse than the Russians and invading Yemen?

He sold out for nothing.
    They're harmless and the crown prince is trying to change things for better. Do you not want oil? Do you not wish them to westernize? He could melt all their journalists for all I care, if that's what it takes to give women equal rights.

He sold out for nothing.
    It's been extremely amusing watching Joetato fail at every foreign policy mission.

*fist bump* "plz increase production"

>decreases production by 2mil barrels.

Joetatus: "Nobody s with a Biden."

As if we needed any clearer proof of his dementia addled brain.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    They're harmless and the crown prince is trying to change things for better. Do you not want oil? Do you not wish them to westernize? He could melt all their journalists for all I care, if that's what it takes to give women equal rights.
    I think that would come as news to the women's rights activists he's jailing and torturing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56347612

The Saudi women's rights activist Loujain al-Hathloul has lost an appeal against her sentence, her family says.

Ms Hathloul was released on probation last month after almost three years in prison, but she is subject to a five-year travel ban and other restrictions. ...

Ms Hathloul has insisted she committed no crime and vowed to bring to justice officials she accuses of torturing her.

The 31-year-old was instrumental in the campaign to allow women to drive in Saudi Arabia.

She was detained in May 2018, just weeks before the ban was lifted, along with about a dozen other female activists as part of an apparent crackdown on dissent overseen by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

For the first three months, she was held incommunicado, without access to her family and lawyer.

Human rights organisations later reported accusations that interrogators had tortured her and at least three other women during that time, including with electronic shocks and whippings, and had sexually harassed them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loujain_al-Hathloul

According to Loujain al-Hathloul's sister Alia (who lives in Brussels, Belgium), torture techniques used specifically against Loujain also included beating, electric shocks and waterboarding, and the torture occurred between May and August 2018. Loujain al-Hathloul's parents stated that Loujain's "thighs were blackened by bruises" when they visited and that Loujain "was shaking uncontrollably, unable to hold her grip, to walk or sit normally" during their visit.[40] According to Alia al-Hathloul, Saud al-Qahtani visited al-Hathloul during her torture, laughing at her, threatening to rape and kill her and to dispose of her body in the sewage system, and he tortured her "all night during Ramadan".[40]
    Over the last few years Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies have waged a breathless PR campaign to portray themselves as a force for freedom and tolerance, but there seems to be a huge disconnect between the actual situation on the ground and the governments' public statements on the matter.

Dictatorships by their nature aren't interested in respecting the rights of either men or women. What they're interested in is promoting an image of themselves as rights-respecters so that they have international allies and advocates when their actual, rights-violating policies come under criticism.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    - The crown prince is trying to change things for the better... for his family. Not his people. They are an absolute monarchy.
    - I do want oil. Iran has oil and is the better of two evils. Give Iran some nuclear bombs and be done with it. I frankly think they would reject them, but it would be hilarious to see it.
    - I do NOT want them to Westernize. I do NOT consider the Western Culture being the bestest thing ever, despite being in the Western Culture. I also didn't want China to Westernize and for good reasons; see them now that they have a syncretism of Western capitalism and greed with their Asian communal thinking; they are unstoppable. And add to this their lack of tolerance. Their raise is a bad thing.
    - I wouldn't want him to melt down all their journalists.
    - Women rights in Middle East is important-ish, but far less important than the other things; including blocking Westernization from a traditionally non-Western country. Also, unfortunately, Women Rights often go hand-to-hand with Multiculturalism, which I despise.