Thread: President Biden's first term in office

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    "To those that say I am too old for this job, I say "watch me"! "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEFt...l=WKYCChannel3

Yes, he is too old for this job. This is a DEMANDING job, that requires physical activity. This is NOT the first time this 80-years old man has tripped and falled. At some point, he will break something.

The democrats should find someone else. Nearly everyone else would have a better chance against Trump.
    Err no. I can deal with tripping. Guy remains the best democratic president since LBJ. Clinton was basically a moderate republican - there all gone now, and the jerk could not keep his cock in his pants. Obama style over substance - sure is was cool the first black president was a democratic and I got to vote for him - but his list of fails is really large, and Carter well err I guess we was not a republican and he has been a cool ex president so I dunno better than the alternative but since he kinda epically failed and paved the way for saint Ronnie I can't be sure? Besides last I checked the dems had a open primary and Biden won in the clear.

Also recall Ford was younger and an ex football guy he famously tripped all the time check out the old SNL skits or You tube for the basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jsu_qgVuhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bvxZgCryUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEIpAIqzbTg

But hey maybe I am just olds and remember before times...
    Last edited by conon394; June 03, 2023 at 08:43 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Is Biden the first president to trip on an object on the ground?
    The Armenian Issue

I'm more interested in the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the right that President Biden his forced them to raise the debt ceiling, once again crushing their dreams of seeing the United States humbled before the billionaire class and Russia.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Err no. I can deal with tripping. Guy remains the democratic president since LBJ. Clinton was basically a moderate republican - there all gone now, and the jerk could not keep his cock in his pants. Obama style over substance - sure is was cool the first black president was a democratic and I got to vote for him - but his list of fails is really large, and Carter well err I guess we was not a republican and he has been a cool ex president so I dunno better than the alternative but since he kinda epically failed and paved the way for saint Ronnie I can't be sure? Besides last I checked the dems had a open primary and Biden won in the clear.

Also recall Ford was younger and an ex football guy he famously tripped all the time check out the old SNL skits or You tube for the basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jsu_qgVuhg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bvxZgCryUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEIpAIqzbTg

But hey maybe I am just olds and remember before times...
    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Is Biden the first president to trip on an object on the ground?
    Were those 80 years old? Were they showing sings of their age? Have they, in their 80s, had to deal with the heartbreak of a dead son and a scumbag son that first jumped in the bed with his brother's widow and then cheated on her?
    Biden is too old and too tired.
    Now... Carter!

Congratulations @conon394. You managed to find some other prominent democrat that could theoretically, run for PotUS and that is even older and more unfit than Biden. Carter is nearly 99 years old! His chances to survive to see the 2024 election are smaller than the chances of him dying beforehand from ooooold age. Also, he's in hospice care for the past 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I'm more interested in the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the right that President Biden his forced them to raise the debt ceiling, once again crushing their dreams of seeing the United States humbled before the billionaire class and Russia.
    Oh come on! It's the billionaire class everywhere, not just the Russian billionaires.
    Republican voters are inclusive, this way. They dislike Muslims but not Muslim oil kings. They look down on South Americans, Indians and Pakistanis but not the billionaires. Etc.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Were those 80 years old? Were they showing sings of their age? Have they, in their 80s, had to deal with the heartbreak of a dead son and a scumbag son that first jumped in the bed with his brother's widow and then cheated on her?
    You seem to willfully missing my point. The point was You are jumping on Biden for a tripping, yet Ford was a much younger man and was regularly mocked for being clumsy and tripping. It took only a second on google to find him tripping a few more to find the running joke on period satire. The fact is the more you followed and filmed the more likely there will be public pictures of you making a gaff.

Now... Carter!

Congratulations @conon394. You managed to find some other prominent democrat that could theoretically, run for PotUS and that is even older and more unfit than Biden. Carter is nearly 99 years old! His chances to survive to see the 2024 election are smaller than the chances of him dying beforehand from ooooold age. Also, he's in hospice care for the past 3 months.
    I thought my point was clear Carter was a less than great democratic president (whatever the merit of post presidential career or his time in the navy) I was not volunteering for him to run why are twisting what I posted?

The simple fact is Biden is best democratic president since LBJ I really don't care that he is old - and we won the damn primary so apparent democrats in general did not feel so either.

I mean really sure Obama was younger and talked nice but his 8 years were kind of a waste of time feel good a session and not any substantive moves on the democratic agenda after the basically the worst possible lurch into national health care.

I just don't see any value in a the democrats holding a primary they can avoid. Its a waste of time and money and since Trump will the Republican nominee the age question is more or less pointless. De Santis has no chance in hell and neither do the 1% possers.
    Last edited by conon394; June 03, 2023 at 09:00 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Now... Carter!
    Your jab on Biden didn't seem to work and you make it too obvious with this. Crying out in hysteria just because he sneezes in a funny way is not a healthy argument to make against his capabilities as a president.
    The Armenian Issue

@PoVG and @Conon:
    An 80-years old that has a habit of tripping and falling is at risk. I mentioned it before, at one point, one of those falls will be a bad fall.

My Jab against Biden is that he is clearly muuuch beyond his prime. Even 20 years earlier, Biden was gaffe-prone and putting his foot in his mouth. Now that he's in his 80s, things are obviously worse. And add to this that Biden is not just the average 80-years old man, he's an 80-years old man that has gone through great personal tragedies.

As for Biden being awesome and promoting the Democrat agenda, compared to Obama...
    ?

Biden managed to pass a modest infrastructure bill (the greatest ever = still modest, and less than half than what's realistically needed)... and that's it mostly.

Obama turned USA towards renewables, repaired USA's image in the world after the disastrous Bush2 wars, significantly improved the economy (more than Biden did), and pass that "worst possible launch" of national healthcare because the launch is not everything and Obamacare works. He was also PotUS when USA finally eliminated OBL and he was involved in the decision making that led to this.
    For those in the "Democratic agenda" group, Obama successfully replaced the "don't ask don't tell policy", helped pass the gay marriage and brought the Cuban thaw.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 05, 2023 at 08:36 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

@PoVG and @Conon:
    An 80-years old that has a habit of tripping and falling is at risk. I mentioned it before, at one point, one of those falls will be a bad fall.

My Jab against Biden is that he is clearly muuuch beyond his prime. Even 20 years earlier, Biden was gaffe-prone and putting his foot in his mouth. Now that he's in his 80s, things are obviously worse. And add to this that Biden is not just the average 80-years old man, he's an 80-years old man that has gone through great personal tragedies.
    Are you saying Biden is more prone to falling compared to an average human being? His gaffs or slurs, being a result of his much conquered speech impediment, shouldn't be a bad thing. Your perception is.
    The Armenian Issue

Are you saying Biden is more prone to falling compared to an average human being?
    Yes

His gaffs or slurs, being a result of his much conquered speech impediment, shouldn't be a bad thing.
    1. And yet, they are.
    2. His problem during Obama era was not speech impediment, it was speaking too much and putting his foot in his mouth. He's gaffe prone and I don't mean speech impediment, I mean say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Let me give you an example:
    "For those that are concerned I am too old, I reply: Watch me!" - the falling PotUS. People in the Leaning Tower of Pisa should not be talking about falls.

Yes

1. And yet, they are.
    2. His problem during Obama era was not speech impediment, it was speaking too much and putting his foot in his mouth. He's gaffe prone and I don't mean speech impediment, I mean say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Let me give you an example:
    "For those that are concerned I am too old, I reply: Watch me!" - the falling PotUS. People in the Leaning Tower of Pisa should not be talking about falls.
    IMO Biden’s physical and mental frailty doesn’t automatically preclude him from being an effective president. But its visibly deteriorating pace amid fervent denials does substantiate suspicion that he isn’t the ultimate decision maker in the Administration, and that poses more of a problem for the integrity of representative democracy than for governmental efficiency.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post

The simple fact is Biden is best democratic president since LBJ
    This is such a wild claim, man. I can see that working out in one out of 1000 parallel realities, but not in this one.

As you, I don't care much about his age either, but what aside from partisan polemics can possibly bring anyone to that conclusion? I gave him a chance and lots of benefits of doubts, but by now there is honestly little that speaks for him, even when compared to Trump who is mostly just an aesthetic nuiscance and a rude, ineloquent oaf.

If we neglect the persona of both presidents for a moment and just look at how the respectve administrations performed/perform (so far), I really can't see how the current administration stands out so much compared to the previous one. I can see them being less messy domestically, because of the delayed reaction to corona of team Trump (which was not completely botched in the end after all). This is countered by Biden's terrible economic and financial advisors who apparently breathe this delirious MMT garbage, so far causing the average American family to lose $7,100 in purchasing power due to inflation and high interest rates. Trump's foreign policy was isolationist, which is not necessarily bad, it's more or less subjective given the US's particular position in the world. The Russian conspiracy turned out to be largely a hyperbolic propaganda piece rather than anything substantial. Most of Obama's domestic reforms, like the Affordable Care Act are largely intact, as is Trumps stricter immigration policy under the current administration. I don't see the vast differences in performance at all.
    Last edited by swabian; June 06, 2023 at 11:31 PM.

As for Biden being awesome and promoting the Democrat agenda, compared to Obama...
    ?

Biden managed to pass a modest infrastructure bill (the greatest ever = still modest, and less than half than what's realistically needed)... and that's it mostly.

Obama turned USA towards renewables, repaired USA's image in the world after the disastrous Bush2 wars, significantly improved the economy (more than Biden did), and pass that "worst possible launch" of national healthcare because the launch is not everything and Obamacare works. He was also PotUS when USA finally eliminated OBL and he was involved in the decision making that led to this.
    For those in the "Democratic agenda" group, Obama successfully replaced the "don't ask don't tell policy", helped pass the gay marriage and brought the Cuban thaw.
    Another thing I will give to Biden, because it is important, is the Student Debt cancellation thing.
    Sure, many say it didn't go far enough and it is rife with problems. But he did it. Better a lukewarm thing than nothing.

Meanwhile, this is happening under Bidet's watch and he will be punished in the ballot office for not doing something to stop this madness. Shameful.

Trump / DeSantis 2024!!!! (No, not really. For all the insanity of the progressives, they have nor led nor supported a coup attempt and they have not been burning books).

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

How is stuff going on in the UK gonna affect Biden in the polls?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    That's a very good question Irontaino, but considering BLM is mentioned by the complains, and often, I think half of those incidents happened in the USA.

If they didn't and it's all UK... well, these things wouldn't hurt Biden but the UK labor.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 11, 2023 at 01:52 AM.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Another thing I will give to Biden, because it is important, is the Student Debt cancellation thing.
    Sure, many say it didn't go far enough and it is rife with problems. But he did it. Better a lukewarm thing than nothing.
    Love giving rich kids money. They really need it.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    He probably didn't read the article well enough.
    The Armenian Issue

Meanwhile, this is happening under Bidet's watch and he will be punished in the ballot office for not doing something to stop this madness. Shameful.
    Remaining on the topic of pronouns, a teacher, who wishes to remain anonymous, tells of a female pupil who has “decided she identifies as a cat”.
    Either the teach doesn't understand when a student is messing with them, or (more likely) this is a complete fabrication by an anti-LGBT agitator. The right often does this, even going so far as to fabricate stories of litter boxes in school bathrooms.

An informant against Biden mysteriously "passes away". I'm sure Biden's hands are clean, same with the Clintons'. Why do Democrats have so many relations that commit suicide or die under mysterious circumstances?

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

"Aliright? God save the queen, man"
    Last edited by Kyriakos; June 17, 2023 at 07:19 PM.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC