Page 100 of 143 FirstFirst ... 507590919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110125 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2857

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post

Hello future me, gas is $2.17 per gallon right now. How angry are you?
    Livid, but vindicated.

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

Can you explain how Biden is responsible for high gas prices? Is he responsible for the increase in gas prices all over the world? How did Biden raise gas prices in Singapore, South Korea, Turkey, Brazil, and Germany? All at exactly the same time?

Do you believe Biden has a magical 'make gas price go up' button?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Can you explain how Biden is responsible for high gas prices? How did Biden raise gas prices in Singapore, South Korea, Turkey, Brazil, and Germany? All at exactly the same time?

By failing to effectively deal with Crimea, Ukraine and Russia in 2014. Is it easy? Hell no. But it was his job never-the-less.

Is he responsible for the increase in gas prices all over the world?
    Yes.

************************************************************************************

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-1-mi...040817454.html

That can't be right. If it was from Fox I would ignore it as propaganda, but these numbers are staggering. Yes, I don't like Bidet. But Trump is a butthole. I don't understand how people that saw through Trump's inefficiency (and poopy, narcissistic character) in 2020 are turning back to the Republicans that embrace Trumpism after January 6, after the very unpopular decision of the SC to overturn the Roe vs Wade.

From the article:
    Ben Smith, who lives in suburban Larimer County, Colorado, north of Denver, said he reluctantly registered as a Republican earlier in the year after becoming increasingly concerned about the Democrats' support in some localities for mandatory COVID-19 vaccines, the party's inability to quell violent crime and its frequent focus on racial justice.

“It’s more so a rejection of the left than embracing the right,” said Smith, a 37-year-old professional counselor whose transition away from the Democratic Party began five or six years ago when he registered as a libertarian.
    Aha... SJWs are going to win the elections for Trump, again. Not oil prices, not inflation.
    Good work there, SJWs. Go support free sex change for prisoners as medical expenses and shouting to people that there are 80+ genders.

Roughly four months before Election Day, Democrats have no clear strategy to address Biden’s weak popularity and voters’ overwhelming fear that the country is headed in the wrong direction with their party in charge. And while Republicans have offered few policy solutions of their own, the GOP has been working effectively to capitalize on the Democrats' shortcomings.
    -_-
    Sure. Vote for the people that offer no solutions, just shout that the current government is awful without any indication what they would do different, aside of giving out more guns. That's a winning solution, isn't it? <=== I am sarcastic.

As a note, I wouldn't mind if people switched to Republicans because of solid reasons. Things like "I don't like the way Democratic party hands the economy and I believe X guy that has an R next to his name would be better governor." or "I think some moderates would help the Republican party become something else that Trump's ego train again. I am a moderate and I will vote for moderate Republicans."
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Can you explain how Biden is responsible for high gas prices? Is he responsible for the increase in gas prices all over the world? How did Biden raise gas prices in Singapore, South Korea, Turkey, Brazil, and Germany? All at exactly the same time?

Do you believe Biden has a magical 'make gas price go up' button?
    Biden claimed responsibility, multiple times, and I predicted this years ago. Destroying energy independence was a central pillar of his campaign. For once in his miserable career he delivered on a promise. But don't take my word for it, hear it straight from Dementia Joe's own mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efx1k8ECq48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CvRINzSaO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Ea83x4DN8

"I guarantee you, we are going to end fossil fuels."

One would think USA closed all oil wells and started importing all its gas...
    The Armenian Issue

By failing to effectively deal with Crimea, Ukraine and Russia in 2014. Is it easy? Hell no. But it was his job never-the-less.
    What would you see as effectively dealing with them, and how was he to do so with the powers of the VP?

Biden claimed responsibility, multiple times, and I predicted this years ago. Destroying energy independence was a central pillar of his campaign. For once in his miserable career he delivered on a promise. But don't take my word for it, hear it straight from Dementia Joe's own mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efx1k8ECq48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CvRINzSaO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Ea83x4DN8

"I guarantee you, we are going to end fossil fuels."
    Out of context quotes and "Dementia" is what I would say too if I was trying to distract from the fact my party sees Donald Trump as a leader and role model.

As you no doubt know, Biden has approved more drilling permits than Trump did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...biden-climate/
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; June 28, 2022 at 03:47 AM.

What was out of context about any of those quotes? You almost went a full argument without strawmanning Trump into the discussion, bravo!

Moderator Emeritus

What would you see as effectively dealing with them, and how was he to do so with the powers of the VP?
    "Effectively dealing with them" in this case means "finding a way so that a war didn't happen and the world didn't have to boycott one of the major oil and gas producers."

"How was he to do it with the powers of the VP."
    By finding a workable solution (that I don't have on the tip of my tongue; I never said it was easy) and if needed successfully convincing the PotUS to push it forward using the powers of his office.
    I didn't say it was easy. I say that being VP in charge of Ukraine is a very difficult job that he was clearly not up to, and his failure contributed to raising prices of gas all over the world. And while Ponti complains about gas in filthy rich USA being at like 5$ per gallon or something, the equivalent in much-poorer Greece is 8$-9$ per gallon which affects the price of food and stuff as they move around the islands.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Praeses

Russia invading Ukraine and the last five administrations running the money printer are Biden's fault? I think you're being cruel to a pretty broken down old man. I'd say Clinton and Bush II are way more to blame for the current shenanigans than Sleepy Joe.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Biden has been printing money too with his American Rescue Plan and Build Back Broke programs. He made the Taliban one of the best equipped armies in the world and is printing money to send to Ukraine (10% for the Big Guy!) Give him time and he will do the same everyone else did. Bush, Obama, Clinton, helle even Trump don't get passes for their bad policies either, but Biden isn't exactly crusading for a change in this respect.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I think it's cute that we are 100 page in this thread and people still think that

a. Biden is in charge and making the decisions

b. Biden even has a clue what is going on.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dementia Joe is out to lunch. But even if he wasn't, we wouldn't be able to expect much from him. He was a god damned skid mark long before he was installed as the steward in chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    I think it's cute that we are 100 page in this thread and people still think that

a. Biden is in charge and making the decisions

b. Biden even has a clue what is going on.
    What? Whatever do you mean?

"YOU enter the Roosevelt Room and say hello to participants."
    "YOU take YOUR seat. "
    "Press enters."
    "YOU give brief comments [...]" This note was partially blocked by Biden's finger.
    "Press departs."
    "YOU ask Liz Shuler, President, AFL-CIO, a question. Note: Liz is joining virtually."
    "YOU thank participants."
    "YOU depart."

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

YOU don't YOUR pants
    YOU blame YOUR failures on Putin
    YOU print more money
    YOU deny YOUR corruption
    YOU change YOUR diaper

Moderator Emeritus

"YOU don't sniff reporters." Who forgot to add that?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    "Effectively dealing with them" in this case means "finding a way so that a war didn't happen and the world didn't have to boycott one of the major oil and gas producers."

"How was he to do it with the powers of the VP."
    By finding a workable solution (that I don't have on the tip of my tongue; I never said it was easy) and if needed successfully convincing the PotUS to push it forward using the powers of his office.
    I didn't say it was easy. I say that being VP in charge of Ukraine is a very difficult job that he was clearly not up to, and his failure contributed to raising prices of gas all over the world. And while Ponti complains about gas in filthy rich USA being at like 5$ per gallon or something, the equivalent in much-poorer Greece is 8$-9$ per gallon which affects the price of food and stuff as they move around the islands.
    So you have no idea how he was to do so, you just want to push the fault of Putin's actions onto Biden to protect Putin for God knows why.

You may as well blame Biden for the weather.

Crisis's like wars and pandemics happen, and there usually isn't any way to quickly and easily stop them. Often there is little those in charge can do about it but try to mitigate the damage. If Biden hadn't won, the same increased prices would have happened on Trump's watch. He wouldn't cause them, he couldn't, but judging by his handling of Covid he could have made things even worse through more poorly thought-out tariffs, and of course further tax cuts for billionaires.

Because Biden knows what he is doing, and knows that his position and the survival of his country depend on awareness of the state of the world and careful management of resources, he has dealt with the situation as best as could be expected.

Dementia Joe is out to lunch. But even if he wasn't, we wouldn't be able to expect much from him. He was a god damned skid mark long before he was installed as the steward in chief.
    Joe Biden is YOUR President. Seethe.

What was out of context about any of those quotes? You almost went a full argument without strawmanning Trump into the discussion, bravo!
    Now you are flailing in embarrassment because I caught you lying about Biden "destroying energy independence".

Apologize for lying.

"My President" lol, didn't vote for him and I don't have a President, nobody elected him the mayor of me . He's President of the country I live in but hey, then again, maybe he's not. And no, I will not be lectured about muh fair elections from the Russia Russia Russia crowd that screamed at the sky for four years.

Biden promised to destroy energy independence, did it, and then realized doing so wouldn't be as popular as he thought it would. Now he is begging the Saudis to save him. Why are you so mad at your boy Biden for following through on a campaign promise? Chevron tells Biden exactly what he can do to help alleviate the situation, and Dementia Joe told him to kick rocks.

By the way, your buddy Dementia Joe is doing great. I wonder how many times his handlers have had to change his diapers after another alzheimers fueled tantrum that his approval sucks worse than Trump's. That's the sounds of the democrats scraping the bottom of their barrel, but hey, maybe you'll be saved by some whispers I've heard. Third time has got to be the charm, I'm With Her! tm
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 01, 2022 at 12:29 PM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Seethe
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Seethe? I predicted all this three years ago. If anything I'm just buckling down. The Biden show continues, and useful dem partisans keep volunteering to be apologists in the three ring circus that is Dementia Joe's asterisk administration. Dementia Joe has enabled a poll of 85% of Americans to agree that we are on the wrong track, a shocking but unsurprising number of Americans who implicitly understand that Dementia Joe has sold us out and put the country on the fast track for decline.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

So apparently 71% of Americans do not want Biden to run again.

That's got to be a new low in history of the office.

EDIT: Also, 61% of Americans do not want Trump to run.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!