Page 27 of 143 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277127 ... LastLast

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    This is merely your opinion and you show nothing to back it up or any of the other claims you make. However, it appears that the public does not agree with you on best president out of the gate.

About the only available metric that one can make between administrations at 100 days is to compare the public opinion polls of each president's favorability ratings. The 100 day mark has always been a common point for these polls to be scrutinized. It's sort of considered the honeymoon for each new administration. There have been several such polls published on Biden but they all average to an overall favorable rating of about 52 or 53% --give or take a percent. This is an average of several areas such as the economy, the pandemic, international affairs, immigration, etc. I should mention that there are a couple of skewed polls that consisted of interviewing a much larger ratio of confirmed Democrats to Republicans but they are in the minority.

Biden rated much better on the pandemic but all the leg work for that was done by the previous administration. However, his totally incompetent mishandling of immigration-especially at the border is very unfavorable so it brought his average down. I believe the ABCnews article linked below credits a poll conducted by the Washington Post.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bide...ry?id=77218406

If you watched Biden's barely comprehensible speech the other night you may have noticed that he totally avoided mentioning the crisis at the border. That's simply because it's the one result to his initial actions that shows how incompetent a leader he is. Besides the pandemic which appears to be winding down and its effect on the economy, the immigration crisis is in fact probably the only other real non-manufactured domestic crisis as the moment and Biden and his administration's incompetence are totally to blame for causing it. It's just too early to tell on the other stuff.

Of course, he instead droned on about all the questionable manufactured crises like systemic racism, inequity of outcome, etc--all aimed at enabling his horrendous and destructive progressive 6 trillion dollar pork barrel spending bills on top of our 4 trillion dollar budget--not to mention his egregious progressive anti-constitutional executive orders.

Anyway, the bottom line is that Biden's favorability rating is the 3rd worst rating for the last 14 presidents going all the way back to Harry Truman.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

The only two worse favorability ratings were Trump and Gerald Ford--the latter because he pardoned Nixon and of course the constant, activist negative reporting by legacy media hurt Trump. They hated him and their lack of neutral journalism is one of the reasons they are no longer trusted by a majority of the American public.

Biden's favorability percentage is basically the same as the percentage of votes he won the election with--meaning his favorability hasn't improved in the first 100 days. As mentioned before, this period is usually referred to as the honeymoon and it usually only goes down from there.

@Enoch. Being measured as the leader with the 3rd worst favorability rating of any president at 100 days since WWII would tend to counter your hyperbolic claim that Biden is the "best" president out of the gate.

I tend to agree with economist Thomas Sowell's characterization of Joe Biden when he said that he is not only a phoney, but an incompetent one.

In my opinion, he has been nothing but a 40 year professional corrupt swamp creature with a penchant for telling lies and making women and little girls feel uncomfortable. He has run for president 2 times before. His first run was in 1988. Mentioned in the video is why he had to drop out. According to Wikipedia he was forced to drop out when:

Taking credit for the work of others seems to be a recurring theme with Biden over the years.

I haven't the time nor energy to refute all the canards you regurgitated about Biden 100 day performance, but I will touch on a few--including the first which is your claim that the Trump administration handling of the vaccine roll out was a joke.

Here's one article about it from the Kaiser Health News and Politifact

https://khn.org/news/article/fact-ch...-not-accurate/

You will note that they rate Biden's negative claims about Trump's administration and its contribution to the vaccine roll out as mostly false.

First all, the previous administration's warp speed program aimed as sidestepping all the usual bureaucratic barriers to getting a vaccine approved and out to the public before year end was thought to be impossible. Everybody said it couldn't be done and Trump was ridiculed every time he brought it up. Yet it happened just as he predicted and it was unprecedented in the history of such events. His administration contracted with around 6 of the major pharmaceutical companies for a total of 800 million doses. This was more than enough to cover the US population. Of course these numbers were spread around among all the contenders. The first two of only 3 companies to get approved had only committed to 200 million doses each.

Now the federal government arranged to get doses to the states plus gave each state 200 million dollars to manage their roll outs, but it was still largely up to each state to set up the vaccinations systems locally. As is always the case--each state handled it in their own fashion--some better than others.

However from a start up around Dec 14th, the daily innoculations steadily rose to just over a million a day on Trumps last day in office. They actually averaged 983,000 doses per day for his last week in office with 2 days over a million. He left office on Jan 20, 2021 having administered 16.5 million shots. This was less than what the Trump administration had wanted or predicted but the fact remains that they still laid the groundwork for the Biden administration and Biden did nothing but lie about it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=185daf4a1848

So Biden takes office and soon afterward makes a promise that the nation will hit 100 million vaccinations by 100 days. He purposely fails to mention that under Trump, we were already hitting a million shots per day nor did he give any credit for the 16-17 million shots that Trump's administration handed to him toward that 100 million mark. Both Biden and Harris made unfounded claims that everything was disorganized, yet all they did was follow the program that was already set up by the previous administration. By only promising less than what was already happening, Biden could also take credit when the numbers exceeded his projections.

He purposely omitted any credit what-so-ever to the efforts of the previous administration and then lied about Trump having not ordered enough doses based on what was committed to before any approvals were made. The Trump administration had already gone into negotiations for more doses from the two approved sources but the finalization for that happened after Jan 20th under Biden.

Once again Biden ignored the actual facts and lied about it to make himself look better and disparage the previous administration that handed him the program on a silver platter. After the federal government got the program rolling the number of daily doses being administered were mostly in the hands of the state authorities. The feds were much less involved, yet Biden once again still gets to take all the credit.

This is how dishonest Joe Biden is and it's a recurring theme with him. Most politicians lie, but for Joe, it's chronic and it's been that way for over 40 years. The legacy media used to call him on it. However, once he became the Democratic candidate up against Trump, they pulled out all stops covering for his transgressions--from his hair sniffing and sexual abuse accusations to constant flip flops on policy to his drug addicted son raking in bags of cash for the family name from foreign entities. Of course being the de facto propaganda arm for the Democratic party the legacy media had to cover for him.

People seem to forget that his now co-president called him out as a racist over busing back during the presidential debates. Of course Harris was so disliked by the public that she had to withdraw from the race before the first primary vote and now how ironic it is that here we are with Harris just one stroke or heart attack away from the presidency without actually being elected to the office.

By the way, the US is only 3rd in innoculation per capita behind Israel and the UK. Chile was actually in 3rd place last week but this week we are now about 1% ahead of them. Raw numbers of vaccinations represent a numerator of a fraction so it has to be divided by the population which is the denominator. For the past year the media has constantly tried to scare the public with raw numerators, time and time again, when a per capita calculations would have been more honest. This is maybe 4th grade math but maybe fractions are not taught any more in favor of critical race theory.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations#

Scroll over the graph to see the per capita percentages for each country. On january 20th.i.e., Trumps last day we were at 4th place in the world per capita which we were still in until just last week.

As to the DC statehood proposal and possibly packing the supreme court, those are nothing but blatant power grab attempts by the Democrats. They've tried it before and failed. Making an area, filled with mostly federal government or government related workers which is less than a square of 10 miles on each side, a state means 2 extra senators. These will most assuredly be Democrats since most people who work for the government tend to favor more government--who would have guessed? DC was purposely designed by our founders to never be a state since it is the seat of the federal government. The main reason is that since most of the people who live there work in the government, they already wield immense power over our lives.

The 23rd amendment gave them the right to vote for a president and vice president, but some feel even that should be repealed.

You also claim that he is continuing Trump's needed stimulus at 1/3rd the cost. I have no idea what that means since you show nothing to back it up. How in the hell is spending 6 trillion dollars on boondoggle projects over and above our approved 4 trillion dollar budget in any way saving money. This is an overall increase that raises our spending to 2.5 times our normal budget. Right now we are paying for it by simply printing more money. He claims that we will eventually pay for this by raising corporate taxes. Who do you think will eventually bear the brunt of those taxes in higher prices and stagnant salaries. He also wants to tax capital gains more. When the wealthy start moving their investments out of the market because of this, who do you think will suffer? Institutional investors through their 401K's and pension programs--that's who.

I'll mention China too. Biden has added a few administrative and diplomatic sanctions against China to including several officials plus Chinese communications companies but he has not removed one single trade sanction imposed under Trump--not a one. Of course that may change, but it hasn't in his first 100 days. He is actually under pressure to keep the sanctions going. Below is a run down of what been done by with China since Biden took office. I don't see one change mentioned about tariffs or trade.

https://www.china-briefing.com/news/...ra-a-timeline/

Now watch South Carolina senator Tim Scott's impassioned GOP response to Biden's address. It was much more eloquent than Biden's mumbled mess of progressive platitudes and thus much easier to listen to. It was also more positive, inspiring, and truthful in my opinion.

It was so truthful that the liberal legacy media immediately went all out attacking what senator Scott said by repeating some of the same falsehoods that I have addressed in this already overlong response. They did everything they could do to smear the man for simply standing up for what he believes. Oddly, my link to the video is from CNN one of the worst offenders of the subsequent smear campaign.

Senator Scott is being called "Uncle" Tim by the left which is actually one of the kinder racist names they've used. The left absolutely hates conservative black people because they don't follow the perpetual victimhood narrative. However, their numbers are growing as more an more realize how the left uses them so dishonestly.

There is no way to prove who is right or wrong about these issues. Only time will tell. It seems clear that Biden has already fumbled the ball on immigration on the southern border--big time. He's putting more kids in cages than Trump or Obama ever did, but the legacy media seems to be mostly ignoring it, but to repeat, it's the obvious reason he avoided talking about it or even mentioning any cohesive plan to handle the tens of 1000's of people and unaccompanied children who have poured through--totally unvetted since he took office.

Anyway, for me it boils down to how I want to live my life as an American. I'll take Tim Scott's positive vision and you can have Biden's divisive outlook and manufactured crises--solely created to justify out of control spending and more inefficient bureaucratic big government overreach. Doofus is simply too kind a description!

Cheers

P.S. Please do not think I am a big Trump fan--I am not. I did not vote in the presidential election when he ran against Hillary because I could not come to a conclusion as to which was the lesser of two evils--the head of the Clinton crime family or a TV reality show clown. In fact it was the first presidential election I did not vote in since 1968. Unfortunately, I voted for Nixon in 68 and the SOB sent me on an all expenses paid fun filled trip to Southeast Asia the very next year.

Anyway, it was much clearer this last time, so I held my nose and voted Trump. Personally, I felt that voting for Biden simply because I hated Trump was akin to saying I was going to eat a dog t*rd because I hated broccoli

Unfortunately you fail to factor in that anyone who supports a politician who committed Treason launching a mob on a sitting Congress to stop the certification of a valid election is also a traitor who has less right to call themselves America than the good extralegal immigrants coming across the border to help our economy instead of mooching off it like the red states do the blue states in the US.

Biden Numero Uno.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Chairman Xiden''s CIA goes woke:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...aken-over-cia/

I know everyone feels safer now that she's on the job.

Who is Xiden?
    The Armenian Issue

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post

Well yes I felt so much safer when the ad was - Are you a white male who likes 3 martini lunches and a quick blow job from your secretary (or some other women from the steno pool) and and can't speak a second language fluently and never saw a central American country where the interests of Dole or United Fruit and the local murderous dictator were not also America's - we a got a spot for you...
    Last edited by conon394; May 04, 2021 at 01:16 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Well yes I felt so much safer when the ad was - Are you a white male who likes 3 martini lunches and a quick blow job from your secretary (or some other women from the steno pool) and and can't speak a second language fluently and never saw a central American country where the interests of Dole or United Fruit and the local murderous dictator were not also America's - we a got a spot for you...
    Bill Clinton never worked for the CIA.

In regards to the second language there is no shortage of Spanish speakers in the US. As I recall, probably 10% of the guys I was in the Army with spoke Spanish. Any one of them would have been a better choice than this woman who claims to be able to change a diaper with one hand, speak Spanish, and is in tune with her feminine attributes.

With any luck, she is the steno pool. I can’t picture that airheaded mindset surviving a background in counter terrorism. Of course, anything is possible these days.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Who is Xiden?
    It's spoiled child-speak. Personally I'm okay with Trump supporters continuing to act like spoiled children. It helps my argument that they should never be allowed anywhere near the reigns of power, nor should we as a country ever consider anything they have to say.

With woke CIA, we might be approaching peak libbery.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

That's a public relations exercise; you can bet that the Central Intelligence Agency is still plotting to overthrow democracies that aren't hewing to the American line.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    P.S. Please do not think I am a big Trump fan--I am not. I did not vote in the presidential election when he ran against Hillary because I could not come to a conclusion as to which was the lesser of two evils--the head of the Clinton crime family or a TV reality show clown. In fact it was the first presidential election I did not vote in since 1968. Unfortunately, I voted for Nixon in 68 and the SOB sent me on an all expenses paid fun filled trip to Southeast Asia the very next year.
    I share your suspicion of Biden, I think the "lesser of two evils" ploy has come down to pretty thin margins these days. I initially favoured Trump just to break the dynasty but he bent the knee, so did Obama (and he was not from any dynasty).

I feel like you're being a bit hard on Nixon, he didn't start that war and he ended it as fast as he reasonably could. He was a crook but he was a competent crook (if that sounds like Bill Clinton so be it).

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    That's a public relations exercise; you can bet that the Central Intelligence Agency is still plotting to overthrow democracies that aren't hewing to the American line.
    Do you mean cleaving? Cleave can mean cut or hew but it can also mean "to adhere to".

Pettifogging aside I think you're right. A bit of lip service, maybe they'll call their torture cells "sites of colour" from now on, refer to extraordinarily rendered individuals by their preferred pronouns, otherwise business as usual.

If Biden's administration has a motto so far is "Normal service [inaudible] resumed...its...business...its usual business folks"
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Indefinitely Banned

I wanted Trump to win to dig a hole for the GOP they couldn’t suppress the vote etc out of and push the Dems to something actually resembling the left and had thought it had all gone terribly wrong for my ilk. But these days I am not as certain. Feeling a real Time is on My Side vibe at the moment.

I would say that Forty Five is taking down the Republican Party, as I expected, but there are two observations I've come up with:

1. It's a self inflicted wound, by politicians with short term interests, licking and sticking their finger in the wind of which way their base is blowing.

2. Pregenerated gerrymandering could have given Forty Five a victory, but the final percentages are still scarily high as to the demographic cleaving to Making America Great Again.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I share your suspicion of Biden, I think the "lesser of two evils" ploy has come down to pretty thin margins these days. I initially favoured Trump just to break the dynasty but he bent the knee, so did Obama (and he was not from any dynasty).

I feel like you're being a bit hard on Nixon, he didn't start that war and he ended it as fast as he reasonably could. He was a crook but he was a competent crook (if that sounds like Bill Clinton so be it).

The Nixon statement was a bit of a joke. I had a low draft number--so to stay in college I signed up for advanced Reserve Officer Training Corps. It allowed me to finish school plus draw a small paycheck in my junior and senior year. I got a Lieutenant's gold bars pinned on my shoulder right after my graduation ceremony in 1968. Of course, I was committed for two years active duty afterward plus 4 years of inactive reserve. I had actually thought about making a career of the service so I volunteered for Vietnam. Consequently, I actually knew I was going before I voted for Nixon.

After my year overseas and another year of stateside duty were up, I'd had enough fun to last me a lifetime so I got out.

However while overseas, I did get to fly to Sydney for R & R in late 1969. I still have fond memories of the all too short week I spent there since I did attempt to remain sober some of the time.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    I would say that Forty Five is taking down the Republican Party, as I expected, but there are two observations I've come up with:

1. It's a self inflicted wound, by politicians with short term interests, licking and sticking their finger in the wind of which way their base is blowing.

2. Pregenerated gerrymandering could have given Forty Five a victory, but the final percentages are still scarily high as to the demographic cleaving to Making America Great Again.
    Well don't I look silly. Just chatting with a mate and he tells me "hewing to" a party line is a perfectly sensible use of the term especially in a political sense, sorry for my inaccurate pettifogging. If anything "cleaving to the line" is more archaic sounding he says.

Once again I completely agree.

I feel bad the Republican party has been sort of commandeered by a couple of extremist segments. The little I know of its pre-selection and nomination processes is it seems to be more democratic than the Democrats, there's less "superdelegate tampering" with outcomes. I guess that means the actually represent their electorate more honestly than their opponents who have historically been the party of comfortable corrupt well connected born to rule attitudes. The willingness of the Pentecostals and the Big Oil guys to burn candidates like Ford, McCain and Romney has given them the final say in most recent US elections positively or negatively. The only election they've lost when trying to win was Bush Snr I think.

Its been terrible for the environment, and I think that's finally sinking in. The presidents have been coming from a very small pool, and its been Bush vs... or Clinton vs... too often recently.

US democracy is IMHO served by administrations with broad based support, and when a lot of sectors get a turn steering.

I don't know enough about it but if the Republican narrative about Democrats packing SCOTUS to legislate from the bench (recently defeated through liberal use and abuse of Congressional tactical gruntwork) is true then the Republican party does still have a soul, and the fire has been kept alive by Mitch McConnel. The fact the MAGA idiots hate him supports that thesis.
    Last edited by Cyclops; May 07, 2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Imagine the glee some of you would have if Trump's economy missed job expectations by 750,000. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...month-n1266498

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Imagine the glee some of you would have if Trump's economy missed job expectations by 750,000. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...month-n1266498
    You mean like in April til Jesus knows when 2020?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post

I did not have glee than either. But I am rather sure given the pandemic economic expectations will hit or miss for a while. Jobs is always a tricky number and I will bet heavy that pandemic effects are not a routine set of values plugged into forecast models. I doubt we really see solid numbers and expectations till the end of summer. Formal vaccine approval and data should reduce some hesitance and supply chain issues should work out of the system to some extent.

---------------

@Cyclops

You can't 'pack' the court. The size of court as been changed for political reasons multiple times its not set in stone. Suffice to say Mitch's maneuver to deny Obama an appointment on some made up rational never been used before and than to flip to jamming through a conservative justice in the waning days of the Trump admin is /was 'packing'. His actions would have back in the 1800s have certainly provoked the Whigs or Republicans or Democrats of the era to alter the size of the court (either way depending on who had congress). Packing is really a term Journalist should avoid it implies an illegitimacy that is not in the constitution.
    Last edited by conon394; May 08, 2021 at 08:32 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

More problems for Xiden administration's legitimacy. No wonder the neo-tard media and democrats are freaking out about the Arizona audit. Millions of votes out of no where:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ion_fraud.html

If you watch the embedded video the discussion starts about 12:30. It offers a good insight as to where the Republican base is at now and just how anti-establishment the base of the party is.

Indefinitely Banned

More problems for Xiden administration's legitimacy. No wonder the neo-tard media and democrats are freaking out about the Arizona audit. Millions of votes out of no where:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ion_fraud.html

If you watch the embedded video the discussion starts about 12:30. It offers a good insight as to where the Republican base is at now and just how anti-establishment the base of the party is.
    Would you mind not using the stupid nicknames and slurs? Many of us don't mind responding to your article regurgitation but we feel like idiots doing it when you act like this.

Of course no Democrats are actually the least bit concerned about your silly non-binding audit run by Q-anon believers, including one who attacked the capital on Jan 6, where no impartial observers are allowed. It's a forgone conclusion you will have manufactured fraudulent Biden votes in a vain attempt to overturn the election and install a fascist dictatorship. You will be laughed out of court just like the other 60+ times

Do people on your side have so little self-respect that you'll prostrate yourselves before a conman who despises you? Do you all have so little common sense that you don't think it strange that a man who claims to be worth $10 Billion is begging you for cash?