Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 949

Thread: President Biden's first year in office

  1. #501
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    You're painting with too broad a brush. I'm saying flatly that I disagree with Trump on this issue. His primary source of info on this issue has been Fauci who has been all over the map.

    Trump's strengths were his background in construction and dealing with mobsters in the New York building industry. This translated into the ability to deal with bullies on the world stage in a way that frightened the Washington establishment. It worked. The Middle East was trending towards peace. Now Xiden is resetting the old order and it doesn't look like it's going to end well.

    For instance, Ziden is preparing to formally recognize the Armenian Genocide. While I agree with this view, I would question the timing. Besides, Regan already did it in 1981. Why stir up more trouble?


    It would be fair to describe my current state as Guffaw. But why? Is it Trump listens to Fauci? Or Trump's strengths were his background in construction and dealing with mobsters in the New York building industry? Or BW agrees with Biden and disagrees with Trump (with caveats)?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 24, 2021 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Tad personal.

  2. #502
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,588

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    It would be fair to describe my current state as Guffaw. But why? Is it Trump listens to Fauci? Or Trump's strengths were his background in construction and dealing with mobsters in the New York building industry? Or BW agrees with Biden and disagrees with Trump (with caveats)?
    This is becoming bizarre. It's clear that your view of politics is one dimensional. Sadly, this is the mindset of so many Demas and a heck of a lot of Republicans; meaning for these types of folks it always boils down to Dem vs Republican.

  3. #503

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    Biden becomes first US president to recognise Armenian genocide
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...de-recognition

  4. #504

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    Using sufferings of thousands of people as a political tool is an insult to the Armenians themselves first. It is an insult to all those Turks and Kurds that lost their lives similarly or at the hands of Armenians themselves. It's a spineless move by the Biden administration.

    Whats more problematic is that the Biden administration, along with the general political environment in USA, trying its best to make an enemy out of Turkey in the long run. They're mixing AKP administration with Turkey which will be very pricy in the coming years even after AKP is gone.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  5. #505
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    14,083

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    His primary source of info on this issue has been Fauci who has been all over the map.
    How exactly?

    Start digging
    Err no. I have a life and I not in fact going to waste time diffing in mud pit. To find a post I spend months crafting a reply to in the VV because it took that long to dig the proper sources sure.
    I would think you answer the question directly yes, no, post number/thread or I did not comment on that at the time...
    Last edited by conon394; April 25, 2021 at 09:06 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  6. #506
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    This is becoming bizarre. It's clear that your view of politics is one dimensional. Sadly, this is the mindset of so many Demas and a heck of a lot of Republicans; meaning for these types of folks it always boils down to Dem vs Republican.
    Nothing you say is clear, yet every word you type screams with clarity.


    Ponder (or thinker)

  7. #507
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Domestically

    Vaccine Rollout under Trump was a laughingstock under Biden the US is the envy of the world. Most vaccinated nation on Earth after Israel.

    DC statehood. Always a travesty there are Americans born in America who are taxed without representation.

    Supreme Court
    After the blatant hypocrisy of the Merrick Garland vs Handmaid’s nominations Biden is going to even the court out so it’s political makeup better represents the US as a whole.

    Continuing Trumps very necessary stimulus at 1/3 of the cost.

    Finally getting an infrastructure Bill moving forward. It still amazes me in 4 years Trump had only one piece of major legislation passed and it was reducing taxes for the rich.

    Most diverse cabinet ever.


    Foreignally

    Russia is backing down on Ukraine.

    Iran is stepping back on its nuclear program.

    Our trade deficit with China is already better than it ever was under Trump.

    US respect in the world coming back strong not just from the few tinpot tyrants who loves Trump.

    Immigration is finally on a realistic path to the future.

    Can’t believe an old white male neoliberal (moderate conservative) was the solution but impossible to argue Joe Biden isn’t the best US President ever thus far on the facts.

    Prove me wrong

  8. #508

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    US respect in the world coming back strong not just from the few tinpot tyrants who loves Trump.
    I confirm this.
    I live in Europe and my respect for the USA is being restored especially after Biden's initiatives to take the lead against climate change. This is probably the greatest challenge of our generation and it's good to see that the USA are in the right side of History.

  9. #509
    Derc's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    __DIR__
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Prove me wrong
    There is no right. And there is no wrong. You may prove the opposite, if you're open for it.

  10. #510
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,588

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    P.T. Barnum said there's Democrat born every minute...no wait, he said there's sucker born every minute. The Democrats being born every minute are in the illegal alien camps on the border.

  11. #511
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    P.T. Barnum said there's Democrat born every minute...no wait, he said there's sucker born every minute. The Democrats being born every minute are in the illegal alien camps on the border.
    Every minute all over the US. Not just the camps. The future is coming. People like me won.

    Did notice you were unable to refute a single argument.

    My fav Barnum quote, The noblest art is that of making others happy.

  12. #512

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Better than the previous? Definitely.

    Best ever? That judgement will have to wait until the end of his term to compare him to all previous Presidents. He's up against some pretty stiff competition from Lincoln and FDR.

  13. #513
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Better than the previous? Definitely.

    Best ever? That judgement will have to wait until the end of his term to compare him to all previous Presidents. He's up against some pretty stiff competition from Lincoln and FDR.
    Best president thus far. No better President out of the gate.

  14. #514

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    He's had a lot of time to think about what he'd do, and at his age, at best he'd run for another term, so difficult to influence him, which means he doesn't necessarily need to compromise his policies, only appear to do so for save facing bipartisanship.

    Also, it's really hard to be worse than Forty Five.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

  15. #515

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Also, he literally destroyed Cornpop.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

  16. #516

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    He's not a great mass communicator; on the other hand, he speaks with sincerity and credibility.

    The old trope about having a black friend is probably the issue, in that he tries to connect with the Democratic base and independents.

    Current suspicion is that at least for the moment is that he doesn't want minimum wage, probably wants it as an issue for his second term; chances are you can identify his real priorities when he calls Manchin to heel.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

  17. #517
    Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,852

    Default Re: Joe Biden the Best President in History 100 Days In

    Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    I confirm this.
    I live in Europe and my respect for the USA is being restored especially after Biden's initiatives to take the lead against climate change. This is probably the greatest challenge of our generation and it's good to see that the USA are in the right side of History.
    "Long time, no see" How are you are , my dear Boicote?
    ---------------------
    Biden tells US:
    Wall Street didnt´t build this country. The middle class build this country. And unions build the middle class
    Biden’s fight against inequality, the shift in spending represents/emphasis almost the end of reaganomics an tatcherism. It’s worth a read.
    Fact Sheet: The American Families Plan | The White House

    Europe has a lot to learn from Joe Biden's audacity | Financial Times
    As with Roosevelt’s New Deal, the rich will fight back against proposed tax increases.Democracy is under siege because its elites have allowed unfettered markets to ride roughshod over the postwar social contract, leaving voters trapped in a lethal equilibrium of low growth and rising inequality. Democracy flourishes when the system works for everyone.
    Social Europe-The Biden victory and the future of the centre-left
    To win back the trust of voters takes time,’ Starmer argued. ‘It takes political leaders who listen, learn and renew. Biden spoke to the soul of the nation, with a focus on who people are and what they value: family, community and security.’
    It was as if Biden had closely studied the thoughtful 2018 book by the Starmer adviser Claire Ainsley, The New Working Class. And, as it happened, Ainsley’s key themes—family, fairness, hard work and, especially, decency—were highlights of many of Biden’s speeches and his advertising
    The financial elites are enraged,
    Biden and Starmer's 'trickle down economics' is nothing but a leftwing myth
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

    Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

  18. #518
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    14,083

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    He's not a great mass communicator; on the other hand, he speaks with sincerity and credibility.

    The old trope about having a black friend is probably the issue, in that he tries to connect with the Democratic base and independents.

    Current suspicion is that at least for the moment is that he doesn't want minimum wage, probably wants it as an issue for his second term; chances are you can identify his real priorities when he calls Manchin to heel.
    One way or the other he does need to hand Manchin his head. Remind him his day in sun is one heart attack from aging US senator away from over and him going back to obscurity... Maybe try you know the balance of constitution scholarship says WV was created illegally and I'd back a Virginia suit to reclaim it. Or how about if we loose the senate you are nobody and Collins, Mitt and Murkowski get any goodies I can hand out.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  19. #519

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Best president thus far. No better President out of the gate.
    This is merely your opinion and you show nothing to back it up or any of the other claims you make. However, it appears that the public does not agree with you on best president out of the gate.

    About the only available metric that one can make between administrations at 100 days is to compare the public opinion polls of each president's favorability ratings. The 100 day mark has always been a common point for these polls to be scrutinized. It's sort of considered the honeymoon for each new administration. There have been several such polls published on Biden but they all average to an overall favorable rating of about 52 or 53% --give or take a percent. This is an average of several areas such as the economy, the pandemic, international affairs, immigration, etc. I should mention that there are a couple of skewed polls that consisted of interviewing a much larger ratio of confirmed Democrats to Republicans but they are in the minority.

    Biden rated much better on the pandemic but all the leg work for that was done by the previous administration. However, his totally incompetent mishandling of immigration-especially at the border is very unfavorable so it brought his average down. I believe the ABCnews article linked below credits a poll conducted by the Washington Post.

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bide...ry?id=77218406

    If you watched Biden's barely comprehensible speech the other night you may have noticed that he totally avoided mentioning the crisis at the border. That's simply because it's the one result to his initial actions that shows how incompetent a leader he is. Besides the pandemic which appears to be winding down and its effect on the economy, the immigration crisis is in fact probably the only other real non-manufactured domestic crisis as the moment and Biden and his administration's incompetence are totally to blame for causing it. It's just too early to tell on the other stuff.

    Of course, he instead droned on about all the questionable manufactured crises like systemic racism, inequity of outcome, etc--all aimed at enabling his horrendous and destructive progressive 6 trillion dollar pork barrel spending bills on top of our 4 trillion dollar budget--not to mention his egregious progressive anti-constitutional executive orders.

    Anyway, the bottom line is that Biden's favorability rating is the 3rd worst rating for the last 14 presidents going all the way back to Harry Truman.

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/


    The only two worse favorability ratings were Trump and Gerald Ford--the latter because he pardoned Nixon and of course the constant, activist negative reporting by legacy media hurt Trump. They hated him and their lack of neutral journalism is one of the reasons they are no longer trusted by a majority of the American public.

    Biden's favorability percentage is basically the same as the percentage of votes he won the election with--meaning his favorability hasn't improved in the first 100 days. As mentioned before, this period is usually referred to as the honeymoon and it usually only goes down from there.

    @Enoch. Being measured as the leader with the 3rd worst favorability rating of any president at 100 days since WWII would tend to counter your hyperbolic claim that Biden is the "best" president out of the gate.

    I tend to agree with economist Thomas Sowell's characterization of Joe Biden when he said that he is not only a phoney, but an incompetent one.



    In my opinion, he has been nothing but a 40 year professional corrupt swamp creature with a penchant for telling lies and making women and little girls feel uncomfortable. He has run for president 2 times before. His first run was in 1988. Mentioned in the video is why he had to drop out. According to Wikipedia he was forced to drop out when:
    By August his campaign's messaging had become confused due to staff rivalries, and in September, he was accused of plagiarizing a speech by British Labour party leader Neil Kinnock.
    Taking credit for the work of others seems to be a recurring theme with Biden over the years.

    I haven't the time nor energy to refute all the canards you regurgitated about Biden 100 day performance, but I will touch on a few--including the first which is your claim that the Trump administration handling of the vaccine roll out was a joke.

    Here's one article about it from the Kaiser Health News and Politifact

    https://khn.org/news/article/fact-ch...-not-accurate/

    You will note that they rate Biden's negative claims about Trump's administration and its contribution to the vaccine roll out as mostly false.

    First all, the previous administration's warp speed program aimed as sidestepping all the usual bureaucratic barriers to getting a vaccine approved and out to the public before year end was thought to be impossible. Everybody said it couldn't be done and Trump was ridiculed every time he brought it up. Yet it happened just as he predicted and it was unprecedented in the history of such events. His administration contracted with around 6 of the major pharmaceutical companies for a total of 800 million doses. This was more than enough to cover the US population. Of course these numbers were spread around among all the contenders. The first two of only 3 companies to get approved had only committed to 200 million doses each.

    Now the federal government arranged to get doses to the states plus gave each state 200 million dollars to manage their roll outs, but it was still largely up to each state to set up the vaccinations systems locally. As is always the case--each state handled it in their own fashion--some better than others.

    However from a start up around Dec 14th, the daily innoculations steadily rose to just over a million a day on Trumps last day in office. They actually averaged 983,000 doses per day for his last week in office with 2 days over a million. He left office on Jan 20, 2021 having administered 16.5 million shots. This was less than what the Trump administration had wanted or predicted but the fact remains that they still laid the groundwork for the Biden administration and Biden did nothing but lie about it.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=185daf4a1848

    So Biden takes office and soon afterward makes a promise that the nation will hit 100 million vaccinations by 100 days. He purposely fails to mention that under Trump, we were already hitting a million shots per day nor did he give any credit for the 16-17 million shots that Trump's administration handed to him toward that 100 million mark. Both Biden and Harris made unfounded claims that everything was disorganized, yet all they did was follow the program that was already set up by the previous administration. By only promising less than what was already happening, Biden could also take credit when the numbers exceeded his projections.

    He purposely omitted any credit what-so-ever to the efforts of the previous administration and then lied about Trump having not ordered enough doses based on what was committed to before any approvals were made. The Trump administration had already gone into negotiations for more doses from the two approved sources but the finalization for that happened after Jan 20th under Biden.

    Once again Biden ignored the actual facts and lied about it to make himself look better and disparage the previous administration that handed him the program on a silver platter. After the federal government got the program rolling the number of daily doses being administered were mostly in the hands of the state authorities. The feds were much less involved, yet Biden once again still gets to take all the credit.

    This is how dishonest Joe Biden is and it's a recurring theme with him. Most politicians lie, but for Joe, it's chronic and it's been that way for over 40 years. The legacy media used to call him on it. However, once he became the Democratic candidate up against Trump, they pulled out all stops covering for his transgressions--from his hair sniffing and sexual abuse accusations to constant flip flops on policy to his drug addicted son raking in bags of cash for the family name from foreign entities. Of course being the de facto propaganda arm for the Democratic party the legacy media had to cover for him.

    People seem to forget that his now co-president called him out as a racist over busing back during the presidential debates. Of course Harris was so disliked by the public that she had to withdraw from the race before the first primary vote and now how ironic it is that here we are with Harris just one stroke or heart attack away from the presidency without actually being elected to the office.

    By the way, the US is only 3rd in innoculation per capita behind Israel and the UK. Chile was actually in 3rd place last week but this week we are now about 1% ahead of them. Raw numbers of vaccinations represent a numerator of a fraction so it has to be divided by the population which is the denominator. For the past year the media has constantly tried to scare the public with raw numerators, time and time again, when a per capita calculations would have been more honest. This is maybe 4th grade math but maybe fractions are not taught any more in favor of critical race theory.

    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations#

    Scroll over the graph to see the per capita percentages for each country. On january 20th.i.e., Trumps last day we were at 4th place in the world per capita which we were still in until just last week.

    As to the DC statehood proposal and possibly packing the supreme court, those are nothing but blatant power grab attempts by the Democrats. They've tried it before and failed. Making an area, filled with mostly federal government or government related workers which is less than a square of 10 miles on each side, a state means 2 extra senators. These will most assuredly be Democrats since most people who work for the government tend to favor more government--who would have guessed? DC was purposely designed by our founders to never be a state since it is the seat of the federal government. The main reason is that since most of the people who live there work in the government, they already wield immense power over our lives.

    The 23rd amendment gave them the right to vote for a president and vice president, but some feel even that should be repealed.

    You also claim that he is continuing Trump's needed stimulus at 1/3rd the cost. I have no idea what that means since you show nothing to back it up. How in the hell is spending 6 trillion dollars on boondoggle projects over and above our approved 4 trillion dollar budget in any way saving money. This is an overall increase that raises our spending to 2.5 times our normal budget. Right now we are paying for it by simply printing more money. He claims that we will eventually pay for this by raising corporate taxes. Who do you think will eventually bear the brunt of those taxes in higher prices and stagnant salaries. He also wants to tax capital gains more. When the wealthy start moving their investments out of the market because of this, who do you think will suffer? Institutional investors through their 401K's and pension programs--that's who.

    I'll mention China too. Biden has added a few administrative and diplomatic sanctions against China to including several officials plus Chinese communications companies but he has not removed one single trade sanction imposed under Trump--not a one. Of course that may change, but it hasn't in his first 100 days. He is actually under pressure to keep the sanctions going. Below is a run down of what been done by with China since Biden took office. I don't see one change mentioned about tariffs or trade.

    https://www.china-briefing.com/news/...ra-a-timeline/


    Now watch South Carolina senator Tim Scott's impassioned GOP response to Biden's address. It was much more eloquent than Biden's mumbled mess of progressive platitudes and thus much easier to listen to. It was also more positive, inspiring, and truthful in my opinion.

    It was so truthful that the liberal legacy media immediately went all out attacking what senator Scott said by repeating some of the same falsehoods that I have addressed in this already overlong response. They did everything they could do to smear the man for simply standing up for what he believes. Oddly, my link to the video is from CNN one of the worst offenders of the subsequent smear campaign.


    Senator Scott is being called "Uncle" Tim by the left which is actually one of the kinder racist names they've used. The left absolutely hates conservative black people because they don't follow the perpetual victimhood narrative. However, their numbers are growing as more an more realize how the left uses them so dishonestly.

    There is no way to prove who is right or wrong about these issues. Only time will tell. It seems clear that Biden has already fumbled the ball on immigration on the southern border--big time. He's putting more kids in cages than Trump or Obama ever did, but the legacy media seems to be mostly ignoring it, but to repeat, it's the obvious reason he avoided talking about it or even mentioning any cohesive plan to handle the tens of 1000's of people and unaccompanied children who have poured through--totally unvetted since he took office.

    Anyway, for me it boils down to how I want to live my life as an American. I'll take Tim Scott's positive vision and you can have Biden's divisive outlook and manufactured crises--solely created to justify out of control spending and more inefficient bureaucratic big government overreach. Doofus is simply too kind a description!


    Cheers


    P.S. Please do not think I am a big Trump fan--I am not. I did not vote in the presidential election when he ran against Hillary because I could not come to a conclusion as to which was the lesser of two evils--the head of the Clinton crime family or a TV reality show clown. In fact it was the first presidential election I did not vote in since 1968. Unfortunately, I voted for Nixon in 68 and the SOB sent me on an all expenses paid fun filled trip to Southeast Asia the very next year.

    Anyway, it was much clearer this last time, so I held my nose and voted Trump. Personally, I felt that voting for Biden simply because I hated Trump was akin to saying I was going to eat a dog t*rd because I hated broccoli
    Last edited by Forward Observer; May 03, 2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: grammar
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

  20. #520

    Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

    I doubt there's any palatable solution for the border.

    Except for a moat and alligators.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •