Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075125 ... LastLast

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

That the greatest Republican minds that exist today can only resort to calling him Xiden (because to them Asians=Bad) or outright hopeful fantasies about imminent doom (a few weeks ago it was Chinese troops massing on the Canadian border) makes me think they've given up on even trying to win votes and will now seek to win elections solely by cheating and voter suppression. Such as removing ballot boxes in Democratic districts:

https://wnyt.com/politics/citing-sec...79735/?cat=661

How it started:
    “Presidents’ words are important. They weigh a ton,” Pelosi said, “And the crime, in some cases, was murder,” Pelosi said. “And this president is an accessory to that crime because he instigated that insurrection that caused those deaths and this destruction.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ol-riot-460590
    How it’s going:
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calf.) on Monday said Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) has nothing to apologize for in response to criticism from Republicans over remarks she made in Minnesota over the weekend.

"No, she doesn't," Pelosi said when asked by a reporter if Waters needs to apologize for saying activists for racial justice need to "get more confrontational" when advocating for police reforms.

Asked if the Waters comments could incite violence, Pelosi said, "No, absolutely not."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...ldnt-apologize
    With this level of brazen doublespeak, is it any wonder Democrats are concerned control of two branches of government isn’t enough, so they need to pack the court to seize the third before the midterms?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Hnason's rant aside soyou mean not dangling two Destroys out at the end of a long rope?

So what know about the Arligh Burke BW? lets isolated in the blacks. what was their missile kit. were thay even full. Nasty those Russian diesel subs I pretty sure the USN does very little ASW warfare training what mostly supporting the GWOT for 20 years. Also you know for reasons inexplicable they don't a dedicated anti ship missile anymore the harpoons are largely in storage (or being handed out to Taiwan who is not going to look a gift horse in the mouth) and we did not the NSM for the Destroyers, so thay have use their SM -6s (if they have any ) has a pretty good anti ship missile, but more likely and SM-2 not exactly the best option for a fight.

If the crap hits the fan in the Ukraine I not part of the US fleet strung out that far from CV air cover. But for keyboard warriors the deterrence of a float by is surly worth the risk.

Frankly if you want to deter Russia or China Fixing this issue:

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/most...-says-1.653334
    https://www.defensenews.com/air/2021...adiness-goals/

Would be a lot more useful than floating the odd boat in the black sea or a USCG cutter trough the straits of Taiwan. They are pointless show exercises anyway since thay would suicide in a real war. Now if you want to offend Turkey and violated the Montreux Convention (and subsequent US/Turkey treaties i believe) you might have an SSN pop with notification (I frankly have no ideal if the could pass the Bosphorus Strait undetected) and I am not sure tipping your hand is worth even those theatrics.

IF want the Navy to be a deterrent. Kill the LCS - yesterday - its a complete and absolute waste of money and repurpose all that money to expanding the USNs stockpiles of missiles and increasing the life cycle maintenance on existing ones.
    Last edited by conon394; April 20, 2021 at 07:40 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Hnason's rant aside soyou mean not dangling two Destroys out at the end of a long rope?

So what know about the Arligh Burke BW? lets isolated in the blacks. what was their missile kit. were thay even full. Nasty those Russian diesel subs I pretty sure the USN does very little ASW warfare training what mostly supporting the GWOT for 20 years. Also you know for reasons inexplicable they don't a dedicated anti ship missile anymore the harpoons are largely in storage (or being handed out to Taiwan who is not going to look a gift horse in the mouth) and we did not the NSM for the Destroyers, so thay have use their SM -6s (if they have any ) has a pretty good anti ship missile, but more likely and SM-2 not exactly the best option for a fight.

If the crap hits the fan in the Ukraine I not part of the US fleet strung out that far from CV air cover. But for keyboard warriors the deterrence of a float by is surly worth the risk.

Frankly if you want to deter Russia or China Fixing this issue:

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/most...-says-1.653334
    https://www.defensenews.com/air/2021...adiness-goals/

Would be a lot more useful than floating the odd boat in the black sea or a USCG cutter trough the straits of Taiwan. They are pointless show exercises anyway since thay would suicide in a real war. Now if you want to offend Turkey and violated the Montreux Convention (and subsequent US/Turkey treaties i believe) you might have an SSN pop with notification (I frankly have no ideal if the could pass the Bosphorus Strait undetected) and I am not sure tipping your hand is worth even those theatrics.

IF want the Navy to be a deterrent. Kill the LCS - yesterday - its a complete and absolute waste of money and repurpose all that money to expanding the USNs stockpiles of missiles and increasing the life cycle maintenance on existing ones.
    Down here in Bayou country we have a phrase for this type of "excuse", but I can't repeat it here.

The facts as they occurred:

Chairman Xiden ordered two US warships to the Black Sea as a deterrent to Russian aggression.

The Russians responded by saying, "Go ahead and send them, but be advised that we're going to have "live fire exercises" and they might get shot at.

Chairman Xiden responded by ordering the ships not to enter the Black Sea.

In short Chairman Xiden ran scared. Your flimsy spin can't hide that fact. It would have been better to not have publicly ordered them there in the first place. Never pull a gun out unless you're willing to use it.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

National Review has great articles on purely military matters. Not politics. I'd take their publication more seriously if they were consistent in their message.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...sia-sanctions/

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...sia-reset/amp/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...t-america/amp/

The National review criticizing Biden for his aggressive stance against Russia is just hilarious. They have advocated for an aggressive stance against Russia and have even criticized Biden for attempting to reset relations with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    National Review has great articles on purely military matters. Not politics. I'd take their publication more seriously if they were consistent in their message.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...sia-sanctions/

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...sia-reset/amp/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...t-america/amp/

The National review criticizing Biden for his aggressive stance against Russia is just hilarious. They have advocated for an aggressive stance against Russia and have even criticized Biden for attempting to reset relations with Russia.
    Let me be clear about this. NR is a RHINO establishment publication. They ran numerous anti-Trump articles with the notable exception of Hansan. Hansan publishes his articles there and NR keeps him because it is to their advantage because a lot of people are interested in what he has to say. If you want to read his articles you can go here without having to go through the muck of NR:

https://www.nationalreview.com/autho...-davis-hanson/

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Down here in Bayou country we have a phrase for this type of "excuse", but I can't repeat it here.

The facts as they occurred:

Chairman Xiden ordered two US warships to the Black Sea as a deterrent to Russian aggression.

The Russians responded by saying, "Go ahead and send them, but be advised that we're going to have "live fire exercises" and they might get shot at.

Chairman Xiden responded by ordering the ships not to enter the Black Sea.

In short Chairman Xiden ran scared. Your flimsy spin can't hide that fact. It would have been better to not have publicly ordered them there in the first place. Never pull a gun out unless you're willing to use it.
    Its not flimsy spin because the decades of the US doing this is basically stupid. Send a ship to float deters nobody sends no message and wastes resources and time those could undergoing maintenance or useful training. The thing is not pulling gun it dead US policy that has been about for decades and is sad silly photo op. Anyway I sure I can dig down here somewhere and find you making the same criticism of Trump's recalled Iran strike right?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Its not flimsy spin because the decades of the US doing this is basically stupid. Send a ship to float deters nobody sends no message and wastes resources and time those could undergoing maintenance or useful training. The thing is not pulling gun it dead US policy that has been about for decades and is sad silly photo op. Anyway I sure I can dig down here somewhere and find you making the same criticism of Trump's recalled Iran strike right?
    Start digging.

Indefinitely Banned

Let me be clear about this. NR is a RHINO establishment publication. They ran numerous anti-Trump articles with the notable exception of Hansan. Hansan publishes his articles there and NR keeps him because it is to their advantage because a lot of people are interested in what he has to say. If you want to read his articles you can go here without having to go through the muck of NR:

https://www.nationalreview.com/autho...-davis-hanson/
    American Thinker & Brietbart are for dumbtards. National Review has merit. One has to be realistic.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

If there are more RHINOs than non-RHINOs in the Senate and House, doesn't that mean that the RHINOs are actually the Rs and the non-RHINOs are actually the RHINOs?

Where did I put my raptor thinker...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Praeses

What does the H in RHINO stand for? Heretic? Humperdinck Humperdinck Humperdinck? Haveyouheardofthetragedyofdarthplagueisthewise?

Pretty sure its RINO.

Just for the record, Republicans are nearly all republicans in name only. About as much honesty in that party name as the Democrats.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    American Thinker & Brietbart are for dumbtards. National Review has merit. One has to be realistic.
    The few times I read it, it is overly alarmist.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

You're just admitting to a complete lack of critical thinking and simply playing follow the leader. It sounds like to you anything anti-Trump = bad and anything pro-Trump=good which is really an insane level of buying into the worst type of propaganda. Your posts are little more than bad ad hominem.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    The few times I read it, it is overly alarmist.
    The Review struggled into the 21st century Globalist model where doom and gloom about WW3 became too unrealistic to sell. The Tea Party sunk it further as anything resembling intellect was purged from the GOP mainstream. Trump was the nail in its coffin. Impossible to argue the way Trump demands (think BW’s Trump propaganda) while maintaining a tenuous hold on reality.

In its heyday it had some of the great conservative thinkers of the past century writing works of value. Always loves the warmongering though. The isolationism of the current US farther right nationalist populism which dominates the GOP is anathema to it’s brand of conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    You're just admitting to a complete lack of critical thinking and simply playing follow the leader. It sounds like to you anything anti-Trump = bad and anything pro-Trump=good which is really an insane level of buying into the worst type of propaganda. Your posts are little more than bad ad hominem.
    Making assumptions is what Democrats call critical thinking and that is exactly what you're doing here.

It never occurred to you that for every article I cite by AT there are two or three that I disagree with. It's also evident that you never checked to see who those authors are. If you look you will find that most written by only two or three authors. In other words, there is a variety of opinions published there.

As far as Trump is concerned, sure I only post the things I agree with. You guys take care of the rest. That's what you do. If you will take the time to go through my posts you will find that I never said anything in agreement with his urging people to get the vaccine. I don't agree with it and I'm pretty sure Trump hasn't been vaccinated himself. He had Covid and was treated for it and made a speedy recovery; that in itself would indicate that there is a satisfactory therapeutic course for treatment.

You and other continue to make assumptions and call it critical thinking. That's what the neo-tard media tells you to do: what to think and when to think it.

Indefinitely Banned

Making assumptions is what Democrats call critical thinking and that is exactly what you're doing here.

It never occurred to you that for every article I cite by AT there are two or three that I disagree with. It's also evident that you never checked to see who those authors are. If you look you will find that most written by only two or three authors. In other words, there is a variety of opinions published there.

As far as Trump is concerned, sure I only post the things I agree with. You guys take care of the rest. That's what you do. If you will take the time to go through my posts you will find that I never said anything in agreement with his urging people to get the vaccine. I don't agree with it and I'm pretty sure Trump hasn't been vaccinated himself. He had Covid and was treated for it and made a speedy recovery; that in itself would indicate that there is a satisfactory therapeutic course for treatment.

You and other continue to make assumptions and call it critical thinking. That's what the neo-tard media tells you to do: what to think and when to think it.
    Recommend you question everything you think. Because sadly, as always, you are wrong. Great timing though right. What Luck!

Trump gives Lifesaving Vaccine Thumbs Up

NY Post to forestall the “msm” idiocy arguments.

Double post
    Last edited by B. W.; April 23, 2021 at 05:07 PM.

Recommend you question everything you think. Because sadly, as always, you are wrong. Great timing though right. What Luck!

Trump gives Lifesaving Vaccine Thumbs Up

NY Post to forestall the “msm” idiocy arguments.
    So you're saying that you can believe everything you read in the press no matter if it's from left-wing NYT or right wing NYP. It's just me, but I would have thought the event would have been videoed to make it more believable; not that I doubt mind you, just sayin'.

Speaking of videos, Chairman Xiden's u-tube video on the climate summit drew an amazing 200 viewers and incredibly 23 people stayed on to view the entire event:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...e_viewers.html

Indefinitely Banned

So you're saying that you can believe everything you read in the press no matter if it's from left-wing NYT or right wing NYP. It's just me, but I would have thought the event would have been videoed to make it more believable; not that I doubt mind you, just sayin'.

Speaking of videos, Chairman Xiden's u-tube video on the climate summit drew an amazing 200 viewers and incredibly 23 people stayed on to view the entire event:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...e_viewers.html

I am saying we can believe Trump. Are you saying we can’t?

I am saying we can believe Trump. Are you saying we can’t?
    You're painting with too broad a brush. I'm saying flatly that I disagree with Trump on this issue. His primary source of info on this issue has been Fauci who has been all over the map.

Trump's strengths were his background in construction and dealing with mobsters in the New York building industry. This translated into the ability to deal with bullies on the world stage in a way that frightened the Washington establishment. It worked. The Middle East was trending towards peace. Now Xiden is resetting the old order and it doesn't look like it's going to end well.

For instance, Ziden is preparing to formally recognize the Armenian Genocide. While I agree with this view, I would question the timing. Besides, Regan already did it in 1981. Why stir up more trouble?