Page 23 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132334873123 ... LastLast

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Hmmm, so you think the Russians are just now stacking up troops on Ukraine's border because Trump made NATO pay some of the money it owed. A little review is necessary. Obama offered the Ukrainians blankets for defense and the Russians took Crimea. Trump gave the Ukrainians anti-tank weapons and the Russians did nothing.

Now Secretary Xiden orders two destroyers to the Black Sea and then backs downs and recalls them after Russian threats. It's pretty obvious how this is going to end up and blaming Trump is going to make the left look stupid.

All those Europeans that were denouncing Trump better get used to some Russian neighbors and it will be on Xiden.

Your criticisms of Trump’s policies aside, this is a big win for Trump. A stronger Russia in Europe was one of the few foreign policy initiatives he worked on from the beginning. Whether you agree with it or not Trump wanted a stronger Russia and a weaker Europe and he achieved this. Biden’s moves just prove Trump’s choices were so effective that unlike Iran or even China Biden is unable to turn the ship around and the US has ceded Eastern Europe to Russia.

This and Israeli Arab relations are certainly Trump’s most successful foreign policy initiatives, an area where even his most ardent supporters admit he was less than great at.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Your criticisms of Trump’s policies aside, this is a big win for Trump. A stronger Russia in Europe was one of the few foreign policy initiatives he worked on from the beginning. Whether you agree with it or not Trump wanted a stronger Russia and a weaker Europe and he achieved this. Biden’s moves just prove Trump’s choices were so effective that unlike Iran or even China Biden is unable to turn the ship around and the US has ceded Eastern Europe to Russia.
    Thanks to Trump's idiocy and incompetence and the Republican Party's corruption and treason Russia is more powerful than at any time since the Soviet Union's fall, which is bad news for the United States and Europe. Putin himself is easily the most powerful man in the world.

Putin's primary goal is to seize as much territory as possible. To that end he seeks to destabilize other countries by promoting and funding nativist and right-wing groups, leaving these nations either vassal states run by his lackeys in the style of Syria, or weak and ripe for outright military conquest.

At least now with Trump out of office we have a chance to resist becoming a Russian vassal state.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

This and Israeli Arab relations are certainly Trump’s most successful foreign policy initiatives, an area where even his most ardent supporters admit he was less than great at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Thanks to Trump's idiocy and incompetence and the Republican Party's corruption and treason Russia is more powerful than at any time since the Soviet Union's fall, which is bad news for the United States and Europe. Putin himself is easily the most powerful man in the world.

Putin's primary goal is to seize as much territory as possible. To that end he seeks to destabilize other countries by promoting and funding nativist and right-wing groups, leaving these nations either vassal states run by his lackeys in the style of Syria, or weak and ripe for outright military conquest.

At least now with Trump out of office we have a chance to resist becoming a Russian vassal state.
    Once again, no matter how you try to spin this, Obama/Xiden sent blankets to help the Ukrainian military. Trump sent anti-tank missiles. Which do you think would have the most effect of stopping Russian aggression?

Once again, no matter how you try to spin this, Obama/Xiden sent blankets to help the Ukrainian military. Trump sent anti-tank missiles. Which do you think would have the most effect of stopping Russian aggression?
    Are you referring to the Javelin missiles that had to be stored in Western Ukraine away from the conflict zones per the agreement? Yeah, very useful...
    The Armenian Issue

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

No matter how you try to spin it the Ukrainian Army in 2014 was and no amount of equipment given to them would have changed anything. Hell Ukraine had thousands of its own soldiers defect.

Less than 100 Javelin missiles stored away from the front lines won't help the Ukrainians.

Justice Dept. sues Trump ally Roger Stone for unpaid taxes

The Department of Justice filed a civil lawsuit on Friday against Roger Stone, the longtime GOP political operative and ally to former President Trump, accusing him of owing the government about $2 million in unpaid federal income taxes.
    The lawsuit comes nearly four months after Trump pardoned Stone following his conviction on charges of lying to Congress and witness tampering.
    In a federal district court in Florida, the Justice Department alleged Friday that Stone and his wife Nydia used a limited liability corporation called Drake Ventures to "receive payments that are payable to Roger Stone personally, pay their personal expenses, shield their assets, and avoid reporting taxable income to the IRS."
    "Although they used funds held in Drake Ventures accounts to pay some of their taxes, the Stones’ use of Drake Ventures to hold their funds allowed them to shield their personal income from enforced collection and fund a lavish lifestyle despite owing nearly $2 million in unpaid taxes, interest and penalties," the lawsuit reads.
    It's nice to have a DOJ that actually goes after criminals rather than covering up crimes again.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Are you referring to the Javelin missiles that had to be stored in Western Ukraine away from the conflict zones per the agreement? Yeah, very useful...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    No matter how you try to spin it the Ukrainian Army in 2014 was and no amount of equipment given to them would have changed anything. Hell Ukraine had thousands of its own soldiers defect.

Less than 100 Javelin missiles stored away from the front lines won't help the Ukrainians.
    Ha,ha,ha! I guess you think the Ukrainians wouldn't use those if they were attacked. This is getting rich...but those blankets, now there's something that would truly scare the Russians. Ha,ha,ha!

I get spin. Wholesale making stuff up like BW’s sources do isn’t even fun to troll.
    You mean like when anti-trump denizens within the DOJ leaked that Russia was paying bounties on US soldiers that we now know was completely fabricated n order to hurt Trump's chances for re-election?

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...rporate-media/
    Last edited by B. W.; April 17, 2021 at 12:43 PM.

Civitate

Ha,ha,ha! I guess you think the Ukrainians wouldn't use those if they were attacked. This is getting rich...but those blankets, now there's something that would truly scare the Russians. Ha,ha
    The Ukrainians fought back in 2014 too and still lost. You don't know a damn thing about the Ukrainian conflict in 2014 do you?

Why would less than 100 Javelins stored in Western Ukraine scare Russia at all? They have hundreds if not thousands of tanks and armored vehicles.

I swear BW you must think the world works like Call of Duty. You are simply being naive if you think a bunch of ATGMs scare the Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    The Ukrainians fought back in 2014 too and still lost. You don't know a damn thing about the Ukrainian conflict in 2014 do you?

Why would less than 100 Javelins stored in Western Ukraine scare Russia at all? They have hundreds if not thousands of tanks and armored vehicles.

I swear BW you must think the world works like Call of Duty. You are simply being naive if you think a bunch of ATGMs scare the Russians.
    First of all Obama/Xiden were in charge in 2014. Those blankets didn't do much good.

Secondly, I've never played Call of Duty. All my experience with the military was in real life. You seem to think that the potential to lose 100 tanks is no big deal. I think otherwise.

Indefinitely Banned

First of all Obama/Xiden were in charge in 2014. Those blankets didn't do much good.

Secondly, I've never played Call of Duty. All my experience with the military was in real life. You seem to think that the potential to lose 100 tanks is no big deal. I think otherwise.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005

GWB signed this one

Ha,ha,ha! I guess you think the Ukrainians wouldn't use those if they were attacked. This is getting rich...but those blankets, now there's something that would truly scare the Russians. Ha,ha,ha!
    Till the Russians try to cross the Dinyeper they probably wouldn't as its effect would be minimal. Are you actually suggesting Trump used trivial and stupid, in your opinion of course, criteria while giving away weapons?
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

Biden nor Obama led the Ukrainian Army. Nor did they cause tens of thousands of Ukraine's own soldiers to defect to the rebels. Nice try though.

Considering the Russians have plenty of tanks and the rebels have dozens themselves I think they'll be fine. Hell it's estimated the number of howitzers in Donbass is over 700 along with over 200 MLRS vehicles. They could pound the Ukrainians all day.

The rebels have already lost over 5000 men themselves. And you think the potential to lose a hundred tanks or APCs scares them? Underestimating the Russians is a bad idea.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Once again, no matter how you try to spin this, Obama/Xiden sent blankets to help the Ukrainian military
    And advisors and trainers, and monetary aid and a lot other military aid that could simply not be considered offensive but only defensive. You might to consider that you know when the other nation on the planet that can go max out nuclear war with you is making a statement bid to preserve Its long held sense of what considers its sandbox.... you rather want to tread lightly.
    Last edited by conon394; April 17, 2021 at 08:26 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/18/w...GdJP6PrEH0kOmQ

Even CNN calls the first results of Bidet's foreign policy changes as "mixed". When CNN in the first 100 days of a Democrat PotUS calls such results mixed, you know that the situation is bad.

Trump 2024. (Hopefully Ivanka Trump).
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Indefinitely Banned

Don Jr.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Even CNN calls the first results of Bidet's foreign policy changes as "mixed". When CNN in the first 100 days of a Democrat PotUS calls such results mixed, you know that the situation is bad.
    Or you can recognize a really crap piece of mail in journalism.

Under no possible analysis is getting out the the House massive poorly run and brutal venture in Yemen bad and I frankly care one iota in the said house of Saud thinks otherwise. Nor do Iran would even be involved if not simply has a means to bleed the house of saud.

"In Riyadh and in Yemeni government strongholds, officials think Biden has got his policy wrong -- far from helping an ally, he is enabling America's enemy, Iran."

Yep right just like would still be fighting in Vietnam because as soon as the North wins what next domino will fall to the monolithic global communist movement - oh wait ... If the House of Saud wants to play regional power fine , do it badly fine. But I see no reason for the US be involved.

On A stan getting is 10 years past due or more. Punting till after summer is a good bet. I doubt the Taliban will care. And than the optics of who lost A-stan will be after the Vac roll out is done (but for the hesitant crowed) and the economy is more back to normal and growing. The simple fact A-stan was lost as soon ad GBJr went on his crusade in Iraq and the US did nothing to stop Pakistan from not controlling its border (or care that interests like its intelligence agency were vested in maintaining the Taliban for whenever the US got tired of Afghanistan.)
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

What's bad about the SVA and WTF does it have to do with Chairman Xiden's first 100 days?

Indefinitely Banned

What's bad about the SVA and WTF does it have to do with Chairman Xiden's first 100 days?
    The Supreme Court including the righties on it were not fans. The SVA has more to do with you (as a free speech advocate) than Xiden I would imagine.

In response to a question from reporters regarding her advice for protesters Waters said, “We’ve got to stay on the streets and we’ve got to get more active. We’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know we mean business.”

Waters said she did not hear the original question, which asked what protesters should do if Derek Chauvin is acquitted in the death of George Floyd, and asked for it to be repeated. The question was shortened to “What should protesters do?”

According to local and state officials, approximately 100 protesters remained on site at 11:30 pm, 30 minutes after the curfew was in effect on Saturday.

“I don’t know what curfew means,” Waters said in response to the city’s curfew. “Curfew means that I want you all to stop talking, I want you to stop leading. I’m hopeful that the protest will continue.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...161548337.html
    I seem to recall language like this was considered grounds for impeachment five minutes ago:
    He also willfully made statements that, in context, encouraged — and foreseeably resulted in — lawless action at the Capitol, such as: "if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore." Thus incited by President Trump, members of the crowd he had addressed, in an attempt to, among other objectives, interfere with the Joint Session's solemn constitutional duty to certify the results of the 2020 Presidential election, unlawfully breached and vandalized the Capitol, injured and killed law enforcement personnel, menaced Members of Congress, the Vice President, and Congressional personnel, and engaged in other violent, deadly, destructive and seditious acts.

https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-i...l-insurrection
    If a sitting Congresswoman uses her position and influence to personally take to the streets where riots are occurring and police have been injured, calling for more confrontation and defiance of curfew if the courts don’t deliver the judgment she wants, surely that is incitement to violence? I’m sure Pelosi will announce a formal investigation any day now.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; April 18, 2021 at 07:09 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    I seem to recall language like this was considered grounds for impeachment five minutes ago:

If a sitting Congresswoman uses her position and influence to personally take to the streets where riots are occurring and police have been injured, calling for more confrontation and defiance of curfew if the courts don’t deliver the judgment she wants, surely that is incitement to violence? I’m sure Pelosi will announce a formal investigation any day now.
    Here we are in agreement. Waters and Trump are both traitors. Anyone who can’t admit this is playing the fool.