Page 29 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    OMG! Now you're saying that McConnell was running the Obama administration's foreign policy. Too funny.
    Saying Biden ran it was more amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W.
    I know you don't understand.
    We agree for once. Pretty cool.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I know you don't understand.
    Can you at least explain the demon part to me? I think some Republicans believe in a conspiracy theory that says pedophiles are running the US institutions, also that Anderson Cooper drinks the blood of babies or something. Do you also believe they are demons? I'd still like to know what's so strange about the laughter, seems rather normal to me. Lots of people laugh this way. Do you refer to all of them in this infantile manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Can you at least explain the demon part to me?
    Demoncrat is a semi-satirical epithet used by Republicans to refer to their political opponents, mostly online. Democrats use Rethuglican for the same purpose, though I haven't seen that term used much in the last four years. These days a Democrat is more likely to use MAGAt to refer to Republicans.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Indefinitely Banned

No need for nicknames when calling someone a Republican is such a good dig under the Trump party tyranny.

In general the left is less likely to use nicknames because it’s adherents tend to be more educated, empathetic etc.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Can you at least explain the demon part to me? I think some Republicans believe in a conspiracy theory that says pedophiles are running the US institutions, also that Anderson Cooper drinks the blood of babies or something. Do you also believe they are demons? I'd still like to know what's so strange about the laughter, seems rather normal to me. Lots of people laugh this way. Do you refer to all of them in this infantile manner?
    I'm still laughing about your McConnell comment. McConnell wasn't on the plane when Xiden made those trips to China. It was his son Hunter. It's amazing you aren't aware that Valerie Jarret ran the Obama WH. She made Xiden Obama's point man on foreign policy. I wonder is she still living with them?

Meanwhile, Xiden's objective to undermine the peace Trump was building in the ME appears to be bearing fruit.

Indefinitely Banned

I'm still laughing about your McConnell comment

Meanwhile, Xiden's objective to undermine the peace Trump was building in the ME appears to be bearing fruit.
    We laugh at your comments daily. Only fair you do the same. Interesting hot take that Biden sent in the settlers to stop the more moderate government he favors being formed. Stupid. But interesting in a basics way.

Watching you guys high five each other with jokes about Republicans without mentioning the disastrous economic news that has been hitting back to back is pretty symbolic of the Biden administration.

Indefinitely Banned

Is the end nigh too? We’ll see where the US is by 2023. We can’t expect to just waltz out of the repercussions of Trump’s disastrous choices in 2020 (and Republicans before that tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Watching you guys high five each other with jokes about Republicans without mentioning the disastrous economic news that has been hitting back to back is pretty symbolic of the Biden administration.

Was that the record number of jobs added or California's $75.7 Billion budget surplus that has your side so angry? Hey, at least you have that Russian hacking group shutting down that pipeline. I'm sure that brought a smile to many a Republican.

No, we're used to your side predicting (and let's be honest, desperately hoping for) the destruction of the United States whenever the Democrats are in charge. That's how partisan your side is, you'd prefer to see America fail if you can't be in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Was that the record number of jobs added or California's $75.7 Billion budget surplus that has your side so angry? Hey, at least you have that Russian hacking group shutting down that pipeline. I'm sure that brought a smile to many a Republican.

No, we're used to your side predicting (and let's be honest, desperately hoping for) the destruction of the United States whenever the Democrats are in charge. That's how partisan your side is, you'd prefer to see America fail if you can't be in charge.
    The Republican party is a neo-fascist organization at this point. Destroying America as we know it is one of their primary goals. Well to be honest fear and hatred have always been at the heart of the GOP, it's just that now it's really painfully obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Which disastrous news? I seem to have missed it.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

The NYT finally reveals what many of us knew about Xiden:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-of-profanity/

Why would someone post a breitbart article unironically, are you kidding me?

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Who is Xiden though?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Who is Xiden though?
    It's Biden but I guess he serves the Chinese? It's all very silly. Like I can understand not liking or even hating the guy, but this is just some playground

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Indefinitely Banned

BW’s link spamming being the peak of his rhetoric aside if all he is going to do is copy and paste headlines why go through the trouble of using the elementary school nicknames unless that is literally the most he is capable of. A sadness.

Here are just a few of the current crises that don't look good for Joe

1. The continuing crisis at the border. In fact Biden just authorized starting up a section of the wall again.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...005447814.html

The Biden administration will resume construction of southern border wall levee, Fox News confirms, as the immigration crisis continues to spiral out of control.
    The United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) will restart construction on a 13.4 mile stretch of levee in the Rio Grande Valley. The decision reportedly follows pressure from local residents and politicians to mend the incessant crossing surge.
    Priority repairs are set to begin in six weeks to prevent flooding, followed by the establishment of a concrete levee wall fit with safety barriers in six to nine months. The USACE clarified that the wall will not be expanded on and will only repair the Rio Grande flood levee for the time being.

"Wall construction remains paused to extent permitted by law. Per DHS, we’ve started critical work to repair the Rio Grande Valley’s flood levee, which was excavated to make way for border wall. This remediation work will not involve expanding border barrier," USACE stated on Twitter.

This is how bad it is since Biden took office and then appointed Mayorkas as secretary of homeland security

2. The dismal new jobs report missing the estimated million mark by 3/4ths.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/jobs...pril-2021.html

Hiring was a huge letdown in April, with nonfarm payrolls increasing by a much less than expected 266,000 and the unemployment rate rose to 6.1% amid an escalating shortage of available workers.Dow Jones estimates had been for 1 million new jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.8%.

Many economists had been expecting an even higher jobs number amid signs that the U.S. economy was roaring back to life.
    There was more bad news: March’s originally estimated total of 916,000 was revised down to 770,000, though February saw an upward revision to 536,000 from 468,000.
    3. Worst inflation uptick in 12 years

https://www.reuters.com/business/fut...rt-2021-05-12/

Wall Street's major indexes fell on Wednesday after stronger-than-expected inflation data stoked worries of tighter monetary policy to combat what many investors fear could be a prolonged period of inflation.
    The Labor Department's data showed U.S. consumer prices increased by the most in nearly 12 years in April as booming demand amid a reopening economy pushed against supply constraints. In the 12 months through April, the CPI shot up 4.2%, from a low base last year. read more
    4. Biden admin counter productive vaccination message. Joe being vaccinated continuing to wear a mask in otherwise safe environments

https://reason.com/2021/05/10/biden-...-cdc-guidance/

On Sunday, CNN's Jake Tapper quizzed White House adviser Jeffrey Zients about President Joe Biden's continued insistence on wearing a mask—even when entering a room where everyone is fully vaccinated.
    5. Biden admin in talks with Iran about ending sanctions on Iran while they are funding Hamas' attack on Israel who is actually our best ally in the entire area. Iran is not our friend and never will be under the Mullahs. They are the leading funder of terrorism around the world and each of their congress sessions ends with the cries of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" You do not want to give these people nuclear weapons.

https://www.newsweek.com/more-40-sen...unding-1591031

"Over the past couple days, Palestinian terrorists in Gaza, who are funded by Iran, have launched a series of rocket attacks into Israel," the senators wrote in the letter. "They are targeting Israeli civilians and cities, including Israel's capital Jerusalem. This is troubling as members of your administration are currently in Vienna negotiating with Iran, the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism."
    "The United States engaging in active negotiations with Iran and potentially providing billions of dollars in sanctions relief will no doubt contribute to Iran's support of Hamas and other terrorist organizations who attack Americans and our allies," they continued. "We call on you to immediately end negotiations with Iran, and make clear that sanctions relief will not be provided."
    Here's an interview with Lindsay Graham which touches on both the Iran situation and the Biden admin's lackluster response to the east coast pipeline shutdown caused by a hacking group out of Russia. Yes, it's Fox News but the rest of the legacy media is not reporting a lot of this.

I'm sure there are more, but if you go back a few pages, I made a lengthy post with several links to what kind of leader many experts feel Joe Biden is. To repeat what famed economist Thomas Sowell said: "Joe Biden is not only a phoney, he's an incompetent phoney."

The bottom line is that many people voted for Joe because they thought that by his lack of visibility during the campaign cycle, he was going to be this kindly old man who was simply a left of center moderate. Instead we got a Trojan horse filled with radical destructive progressivism. Whether it's him or his handlers, I can't say. His public appearances have been lackluster at best. He's constantly fighting the teleprompter. I heard one commentator conclude that he'd probably be better at getting the message across if he simply turned the teleprompter around and let us read it for ourselves.

Instead of filling his administration with people picked for their competency, he appears to be going for pure diversity over ability. This is a formula for disaster.

I truly hope I am wrong and maybe all of this is just a temporary blip but the telltale signs are not so good at this point.
    Last edited by Forward Observer; May 14, 2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: add video and quotes from links
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    Here are just a few of the current crises that don't look good for Joe

1. The continuing crisis at the border. In fact Biden just authorized starting up a section of the wall again.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...005447814.html

This is how bad it is since Biden took office and then appointed Mayorkas as secretary of homeland security

2. The dismal new jobs report missing the estimated million mark by 3/4ths.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/jobs...pril-2021.html

3. Worst inflation uptick in 12 years

https://www.reuters.com/business/fut...rt-2021-05-12/

4. Biden admin counter productive vaccination message. Joe being vaccinated continuing to wear a mask in otherwise safe environments

https://reason.com/2021/05/10/biden-...-cdc-guidance/

5. Biden admin in talks with Iran about ending sanctions on Iran while they are funding Hamas' attack on Israel who is actually our best ally in the entire area. Iran is not our friend and never will be under the Mullahs. They are the leading funder of terrorism around the world and each of their congress sessions ends with the cries of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" You do not want to give these people nuclear weapons.

https://www.newsweek.com/more-40-sen...unding-1591031

Here's an interview with Lindsay Graham which touches on both the Iran situation and the Biden admin's lackluster response to the east coast pipeline shutdown caused by a hacking group out of Russia. Yes, it's Fox News but the rest of the legacy media is not reporting a lot of this.

I'm sure there are more, but if you go back a few pages, I made a lengthy post with several links to what kind of leader many experts feel Joe Biden is. To repeat what famed economist Thomas Sowell said: "Joe Biden is not only a phoney, he's an incompetent phoney."

The bottom line is that many people voted for Joe because they thought that by his lack of visibility during the campaign cycle, he was going to be this kindly old man who was simply a left of center moderate. Instead we got a Trojan horse filled with radical destructive progressivism. Whether it's him or his handlers, I can't say. His public appearances have been lackluster at best. He's constantly fighting the teleprompter. I heard one commentator conclude that he'd probably be better at getting the message across if he simply turned the teleprompter around and let us read it for ourselves.

Instead of filling his administration with people picked for their competency, he appears to be going for pure diversity over ability. This is a formula for disaster.

I truly hope I am wrong and maybe all of this is just a temporary blip but the telltale signs are not so good at this point.
    Not what is happening, Trump literally picked idiots once he went through all the competent people who to the man called Trump an idiot after leaving.

But more importantly you are wrong, especially about how economies work lol. Trump dug us into a deep hole even pre covid. This is a blip and one caused by actions taken long before Biden arrived as President. Anyone who thinks Biden will sink the stock market 30% and jobs more than during the great depression in the course of a single year like Trump somehow managed is an idiot.
    Last edited by enoch; May 14, 2021 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Not what is happening, Trump literally picked idiots once he went through all the competent people who to the man called Trump an idiot after leaving.
    Pure whataboutism--and mostly irrelevant to the discussion.

But more importantly you are wrong, especially about how economies work lol. Trump dug us into a deep hole even pre covid. This is a blip and one caused by actions taken long before Biden arrived as President. Anyone who thinks Biden will sink the stock market 30% and jobs more than during the great depression in the course of a single year like Trump somehow managed is an idiot.
    Now you've managed an improbable combination of gainsaying, whataboutism, and a strawman all in one comment. That may be a new record. I made absolutely no statements about how economies work so how could I be wrong about them. I also made no statements about Biden sinking the stock market--those are all your incoherent ramblings.

I merely pointed out that these are issues that his admin has to deal with and i also said that they could be just temporary blips.

Why do you waste all that space once again quoting my entire post and then plainly show that you didn't even bother to read the various links or really address anything in those links?

I just don't have the time or patience to deal with someone who is as unwilling as you are to engage in an honest
    discourse so I won't.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    Pure whataboutism--and mostly irrelevant to the discussion.

Now you've managed an improbable combination of gainsaying, whataboutism, and a strawman all in one comment. That may be a new record. I made absolutely no statements about how economies work so how could I be wrong about them. I also made no statements about Biden sinking the stock market--those are all your incoherent ramblings.

I merely pointed out that these are issues that his admin has to deal with and i also said that they could be just temporary blips.

Why do you waste all that space once again quoting my entire post and then plainly show that you didn't even bother to read the various links or really address anything in those links?

I just don't have the time or patience to deal with someone who is as unwilling as you are to engage in an honest
    discourse so I won't.

Cheers
    Why do people continue to use terms like whataboutism, gainsaying and strawman (and so often incorrectly) after the freshman seminar?

It’s a fool’s idea of how the wise discourse. Meh