Page 24 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233344974124 ... LastLast

Thread: President Biden's first term in office

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: President Biden's 100 first days in office

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    I seem to recall language like this was considered grounds for impeachment five minutes ago:

If a sitting Congresswoman uses her position and influence to personally take to the streets where riots are occurring and police have been injured, calling for more confrontation and defiance of curfew if the courts don’t deliver the judgment she wants, surely that is incitement to violence? I’m sure Pelosi will announce a formal investigation any day now.
    Looks like grounds for a "get out of jail free card". I wonder just how stupid that woman really is.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-kor...100056944.html

More or less Biden is expected to kinda-accept a nuclear North Korea and swipe the issue under the rug. You know, more or less what Trump did but with less promising outcomes for the slow reintegration of NK to the rest of the world. <=== not sure whether that is good or bad.

Whether you consider it good or bad, what is bad is that NK will not be as afraid of the USA as it was under the "Fire and Fury" PotUS.
    On the other hand, what is good is that NK will not be as easy to manipulate USA's foreign policy by flattering the PotUS.

For good or for ill, KJU and Trump understood each other in a level that only megalomaniac authoritarians can. And that was good for dealing with North Korea. Frankly, Trump understood Kim better than most if not all Western heads of state or foreign policy ministers.

Thus I would rate this as "two steps back, one forward".
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I don't know where you are getting this slow integration of NK into the world ideal from Alhoon???

I honestly am not sure why NK gets so much press. They want nukes and the capacity to harm the US in order to survive. They not insane and the elites rather seem to enjoy living well. They open up because they depend on their system keeping most locals in the dark (by nighttime sat view literally). Besides "Fire and Fury" PotUS. lost any credibility when he blinked on the response to Iran (not to mention his scripted to do nothing missile attack on Syria).

But back to NK - realistically I would call it game over. After Iraq, Libya, the Crimea, even Armenia and Yemen what small state would hand over its nukes ever... The army is ossified otherwise they have no conventional ability to deter the ROK or China let alone the ROK and US together. Just stop with the they are going to give them pipe dream and work out a useful system of inspections and safe guards and confidence building measures and accept they got nukes. Let India or Pakistan (maybe South Africa they had nukes) be inspectors somebody with no dog in the fight.
    Last edited by conon394; April 19, 2021 at 08:02 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

A Minnesota National Guard and Minneapolis police team were fired upon in a drive-by shooting Sunday morning, the state National Guard said in a news release.

The team was providing neighborhood security in Minneapolis when, at about 4:19 a.m. local time (5:19 a.m. ET), a light colored SUV drove by and several shots were fired.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/mi...ing/index.html
    Drive by shooting/attempted murder of police and national guard in MInnesota just hours after Congresswoman Waters calls for “more confrontation” against police and authorities to “make sure they know we mean business.”
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Indefinitely Banned

And we can’t prosecute since Trump wasn’t. That’s the real scary part of his attack on Congress. Now politicians can claim their treasons aren’t since Trump’s glaring one was let pass.

The POTUS’ qualified immunity to criminal and civil suits is unrelated to Congress’ power to impeach. Also, Congresspeople have immunity from certain acts engaged as a function of official duties, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace. Waters would be unlikely to enjoy immunity from her little stunt. In any case, she could be expelled from office by a vote in the House. I expect the latter will surely happen soon given the House drafted impeachment articles within hours of the Capitol riot on Jan 6 and impeached Trump one week later on the 13th. As we know, the Democrats take political violence extremely seriously as a fundamental threat to the entire country, and would never tolerate Waters’ brazen act of incitement.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Indefinitely Banned

I don’t think you understand how politics work.

cough merrick 2016 cough

I don’t necessarily agree that Trump’s impeachment was mere political theater, but I understand that’s how you feel.

Indefinitely Banned

If it wasn’t political theater he would be in jail. As someone who has been found guilty of treason myself (on a gaming forum) I have some experience in how obvious treason ends.

Ok, so you don’t know how impeachment works. Noted.

Indefinitely Banned

Oh, so you don’t know how impeachment works. Noted down.

As campaign season approaches Russia has boosted its presence on the Ukrainian border to 150,000 troops.

https://news.trust.org/item/20210419124434-pahrh

It won't be a surprise if Russia invades Ukraine in May or early June. The Xiden dictatorship has already signaled that it will do nothing.

When that development takes place and China sees that the US is paralyzed into inaction one wonders weather they will wait until after the Beijing Olympics to invade Taiwan or go ahead with it.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    As campaign season approaches Russia has boosted its presence on the Ukrainian border to 150,000 troops.

It won't be a surprise if Russia invades Ukraine in May or early June. The Xiden dictatorship has already signaled that it will do nothing.

When that development takes place and China sees that the US is paralyzed into inaction one wonders weather they will wait until after the Beijing Olympics to invade Taiwan or go ahead with it.
    Wow nothing there makes sensce.

How has Biden sigled he would do nothing.

Why would Russia invade? You do realize Putin's ventures tend to funded by oil at or about $100 a barrel. The Czar had been sitting on some 8 or 9 years of recently historic high oil prices to play with. He had make ugly internal choices since then and even the recent price of $60 he does not exactly have a lot budget leeway.

Curious BW what choices would you playing in a nuclear armed Russia's back yard?

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

I feel bad for Putin and Xi. If Trump had been re-elected they would have had zero stress about invading Ukraine or Taiwan. With Biden they can’t be sure the US will bend over nor can they rule out a coalition, something everyone knows Trump was incapable of.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Wow nothing there makes sensce.

How has Biden sigled he would do nothing.

Why would Russia invade? You do realize Putin's ventures tend to funded by oil at or about $100 a barrel. The Czar had been sitting on some 8 or 9 years of recently historic high oil prices to play with. He had make ugly internal choices since then and even the recent price of $60 he does not exactly have a lot budget leeway.

Curious BW what choices would you playing in a nuclear armed Russia's back yard?
    Chairman Xiden has already backed down. Where you been?

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I feel bad for Putin and Xi. If Trump had been re-elected they would have had zero stress about invading Ukraine or Taiwan. With Biden they can’t be sure the US will bend over nor can they rule out a coalition, something everyone knows Trump was incapable of.
    Absolute drivel.

Indefinitely Banned

Absolute drivel.

Could you do a little better? I am all for lazy posting. I said "absolute drivel" out loud just now and my 4 year old laughed and told me I was stupid.

Give me an argument with the barest substance so I can counter. If you want I am willing to teach you to counter too instead of linking to American Thinker.

Chairman Xiden has already backed down. Where you been?
    On what you not actually detailing anything you are arguing is a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    On what you not actually detailing anything you are arguing is a fact?
    Either you have an incredibly short memory or you haven't read my posts. Xiden ran out of the Black Sea with his tail between his legs.

Indefinitely Banned

Either you have an incredibly short memory or you haven't read my posts. Xiden ran out of the Black Sea with his tail between his legs.
    1) You mean Trump incredible short memory lel
    He pulled the US group from the Black Sea in 2019
    2) You can’t even spell the President’s name
    3) Zero surprise you didn’t respond to my post

Rekt

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    1) You mean Trump incredible short memory lel
    He pulled the US group from the Black Sea in 2019
    2) You can’t even spell the President’s name
    3) Zero surprise you didn’t respond to my post