Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Scripts

  1. #1

    Icon1 Scripts

    Is it okay if I delete a bunch of scripts? And where are they located?

    After playing for over a 100 turns, I really don't need your fancy features. I just want more factions and updated models for the units, the rest is just fluff for me. Fluff that is begining to slow the turn times again quite heavily. I know this is SSHIP as other mods or the vanilla game don't cause this. You have to many scripts running.

    So I want to remove scripts that don't do anything for me and are slowing everything down.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 25, 2021 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Scripts

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    Is it okay if I delete a bunch of scripts? And where are they located?

    After playing for over a 100 turns, I really don't need your fancy features. I just want more factions and updated models for the units, the rest is just fluff for me. Fluff that is begining to slow the turn times again quite heavily. I know this is SSHIP as other mods or the vanilla game don't cause this. You have to many scripts running.

    So I want to remove scripts that don't do anything for me and are slowing everything down.
    You are most likely going to ruin your game and be unplayable.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Scripts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    You are most likely going to ruin your game and be unplayable.
    That's what I assumed. They should let people choose how many scripts they want instead.

    If that's the case, then I'll be going back to Attila for the medieval mod since that's the best medieval experience I've seen and the turns are very fast. It's ironic that Medieval 2 doesn't give me the wanted Medieval experience.

  4. #4
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    4,840

    Default Re: Scripts

    Script.txt - the file you're looking - loads up only at the beginning of the game. You can edit it but you'd need to to start another game.
    You may delete parts but you'd need some experience to tell what the effects would be.
    I'm not sure the SSHIP has that many scripts running. It's rather dwarfed by, eg., the EBII.
    I've played Attila a lot and I find it to be superior engine to Rome II. However, I enjoy more Medieval 2 battles and campaign and character developments. Chacun a son gout.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Scripts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Script.txt - the file you're looking - loads up only at the beginning of the game. You can edit it but you'd need to to start another game.
    You may delete parts but you'd need some experience to tell what the effects would be.
    I'm not sure the SSHIP has that many scripts running. It's rather dwarfed by, eg., the EBII.
    I've played Attila a lot and I find it to be superior engine to Rome II. However, I enjoy more Medieval 2 battles and campaign and character developments. Chacun a son gout.
    I agree. Medieval 2 battles are better but I can't find a good medieval mod for it. SSHIP is the only one being worked on and it lags so much. It's not my system, and I don't have this with EBII so it's something with SSHIP. The turns are really slow to the point I might just play 10 turns in 30 minutes or more. This is specially bad with tiny factions that have only one province and I want to skip turns as fast as possible!!

    I was having an EBII campaign that was approaching 350 turns and turn times were only about 20-30 seconds long. Unless a faction was hording, then that turn would take a very long time.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Scripts

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    I agree. Medieval 2 battles are better but I can't find a good medieval mod for it. SSHIP is the only one being worked on and it lags so much. It's not my system, and I don't have this with EBII so it's something with SSHIP. The turns are really slow to the point I might just play 10 turns in 30 minutes or more. This is specially bad with tiny factions that have only one province and I want to skip turns as fast as possible!!

    I was having an EBII campaign that was approaching 350 turns and turn times were only about 20-30 seconds long. Unless a faction was hording, then that turn would take a very long time.
    Just so you know, the turn times problem are on your end. Many dont have that problem , we already discussed in a previous thread , disable UAC first ,it worked for some. I get 30-40 sec turn times at turn 100 for example , and i have no SSD or top tier CPU.

    Atilla is a great step from Rome 2 but still has its problems. Outside of the crappy fighting animations and units looking like robots , the public order system looks busted and te color pallete is weird , everything in that game is cloudy.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Scripts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Just so you know, the turn times problem are on your end. Many dont have that problem , we already discussed in a previous thread , disable UAC first ,it worked for some. I get 30-40 sec turn times at turn 100 for example , and i have no SSD or top tier CPU.

    Atilla is a great step from Rome 2 but still has its problems. Outside of the crappy fighting animations and units looking like robots , the public order system looks busted and te color pallete is weird , everything in that game is cloudy.
    I have disabled UAC. It worked on the first 40 turns, then it started slowing down to a crawl. I know Medieval 2 only uses one core of the CPU, so it's always slow regardless or how many cores I have. SSD doesn't seem to make any difference. Medieval 2 doesn't work very well with modern hardware either, frankly no old software does. You might not have these issues because you're running it on a old system with an outdated OS as well probably.

    Might try to build a desktop for "oldschool gaming" that uses old hardware and Windows XP just to see if it's better there.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Scripts

    Im running it on the latest windows 10 update , and pretty sure most do as well.

  9. #9
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    4,840

    Default Re: Scripts

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    I have disabled UAC. It worked on the first 40 turns, then it started slowing down to a crawl. I know Medieval 2 only uses one core of the CPU, so it's always slow regardless or how many cores I have. SSD doesn't seem to make any difference. Medieval 2 doesn't work very well with modern hardware either, frankly no old software does. You might not have these issues because you're running it on a old system with an outdated OS as well probably.

    Might try to build a desktop for "oldschool gaming" that uses old hardware and Windows XP just to see if it's better there.
    There're must be a petty detail in your settings (assuming you're using LAA, you've disabled UAC, you've paid attention to the antivirus software, etc.) that prevent you from having normal turn times. My experience is also 30-40 sec per turn.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Scripts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    There're must be a petty detail in your settings (assuming you're using LAA, you've disabled UAC, you've paid attention to the antivirus software, etc.) that prevent you from having normal turn times. My experience is also 30-40 sec per turn.
    I'm using LAA, I've disabled UAC but my antivirus has been quiet all this time. Didn't complain about anytihng. Will try turning it off to see if it does something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •