Thread: Anyone know how to change general's personalities with an editor or cheat etc?

Default Anyone know how to change general's personalities with an editor or cheat etc?

I like to RP and I keep getting dogshite personalities on my characters. Spies, dignitaries, generals and admirals. Along with their skill. Read somewhere you could change it within the savefile, but how?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Anyone know how to change general's personalities with an editor or cheat etc?

dont cheat man,its make game boring

Default Re: Anyone know how to change general's personalities with an editor or cheat etc?

If you like to roleplay, then you have to accept the personalities.

Caesar never got to say "This Brutus seems like a bit of a wrong 'un, let's change his personality in the savefile before he stabs me to death..."

I mean the personalities have such a small impact on the game compared to almost everything else. I just kinda have an OCD with RPing and my main succesful general having a personality all game is annoying. View it more like cosmetic "cheating".

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can directly switch out their personality trait in your save file, you just have to find the right CHARACTER ARRAY under your FACTION ARRAY entry. Then find the TRAITS section and replace the one he has with one you want from the db tables.

There are also ways to change that trait by in game actions, although it can be quite rare and hard. Most players don't know about that probably because it doesn't happen much. But, for example, if a cowardly character wins a lot of battles they may become brave, etc.

---

Directions to change - Download EditSF program, open save. Find this part for the right character:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Its also possible the save parser can do it, not sure I haven't used it.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 20, 2021 at 03:07 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hey found the humors. But what does the number after the line mean?

Looking at my save game one general has "r2_sp_trait_greco_roman_humors_circumspect" with the number 1 in the box under.

While on the DB there are numbers after, such as

r2_sp_trait_greco_roman_humors_obsessive_tier_4_general

Do I just pick the one with no tier?

Also how do i change the skill they start with? I cant find any skills under the character sheet.
    Last edited by Jcpmax; January 20, 2021 at 08:43 PM.