Thread: Looking to make small modifications: please help :)

Icon5 Looking to make small modifications: please help :)

Hello!
    As the title says, i am looking to make slight modifications to this mod and i do not know where to start or what to do as i have 0 experience. I want to modify(mostly for the roman/seleucid factions):
    -make auxiliary barracks be able to be built in factional government to maximum level
    -make unique buildings/wonders not have factional requirements so i can build/upgrade them with any faction(or for Rome/Seleucids at least).
    If you can help and point me to what i need to change, thank you!

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Looking to make small modifications: please help :)

What you need to do is to edit xc5\data\export_descr_buildings.txt to change building property and also xc5\data\text\export_buildings.txt if you want to change description

First, study this wiki throughly for basic knowledge abouut it...

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?..._(RTW_Modding)

Second, looking for entries of those buildings case of auxiliary barracks is not controversial and easy to change you need to change. Search for "building barracks" for building tree then looking for entry for from level 2 onward, change "and building_present_min_level advance_order_control allied_government" to "and building_present_min_level advance_order_control factional_government". Make sure you not edit any part outside this building or else you may break other buildings too.

For wonders, I think this part you may not able to make them all build-able for single faction due to some of them are actually same building in different place with description change based on factions, so I don't think you could make all those build-able without splitting them into at least 2 trees but that is impossible at this point due to now all building tree slot has been used up.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Default Re: Looking to make small modifications: please help :)

Got the auxiliary barracks working and i suppose i will have to play all the different factions to get the wonders, which is not a bad thing.
    Thank you for this great mod and thank you for the help!