Thread: Settlement bug - growth and happiness.

Default Settlement bug - growth and happiness.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...xtremely-happy

Basically having the exact same issue as this thread. Quote;

I'm on turn 60-80, can't remember. Most of my settlements are yellow/green on growth build policy/low/normal tax rate. Pop. growth is 1-1.5% in all settlements on average. Then I press end turn and a scripted event comes up called Amkarian Uprising or something like that, it talks about how some rebels had an uprising and are flying the banners of Epirus once again or something, (cos Epirus was knocked out in my campaign). After that instantly all my settlements are extremely happy with 5% pop. growth, you can turn taxes all the way up and leave them with zero garrison and it will still be green with at least 3% pop. growth.
    One of the replies said to save on the turn you get the event, reload, end turn and it will correct itself. Only i didn't do this because i didn't notice it happening and even if i did i wouldn't know you were supposed to do this. So my question is, is the campaign ruined or is there a separate fix? I have tried reloading the earliest save i have but its past the point the event happened. Also tried continuously ending turn and ending turn to see if it will sort itself.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Settlement bug - growth and happiness.

You can safely continue your save. The pop growth and hapiness boom is a bug from the faction reemergence script and it only last a turn (or none if you save and reload the game when it happens).

Ok, for me this is now going on for several turns. I don't think any event happened. I went back a save and there was Epeiros came back from the dead and again during the next turn. Maybe that screwed things up. It worked this time. All good.
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; April 09, 2021 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Ok, for me this is now going on for several turns. I don't think any event happened.
    What version are you playing? This was removed from 2.35A.