Thread: Starting a Rome campaign. Any protips?

Default Starting a Rome campaign. Any protips?

Such as how to deal with politics. Which general trees are best. Best initital strategies. How to build cities and which way to expand. Which unit comps are good.

Also just any pro tips you can think of! Thanks in above?

Default Re: Starting a Rome campaign. Any protips?

U don't need much planning as rome just spam and u will win. Roman generals tend to be good generally compared to other faction's general. Also latium is like one of the richest province. Just don't forget to use dignatries. I have seen people go like 6k around 20 turns

Read this in the recent patch:

- Changed Olive, Fish and Wine resource trade buildings and Fish ports to produce agriculture rather than trade income.
    - Commercial Stimulation - Lowered to 12% base, added Public Order Negative. Trade income increased based on region.

Doesen't this nerf Latium quite a bit? And maybe make the strategy of just having a few commerce centers not work now, and food as income better in some cases. As well as manufacturing/
    Was also wondering which areas I should hit first and general province builds now that many of resources and buildings have changed their income type in the recent patch
    Last edited by Jcpmax; January 19, 2021 at 08:15 PM.

My "Pro" tip would be to wait for 2.7 for bigger campaign like the Romans. Yeah they don't get that much changes, but yea there's some all around.

my "pro" tip is just take 3 provines and wait-defend until you max rerserch,then spam legionari to out number your enemy

colonel klinck's Avatar Libertus

Follow the historical path.Deal asap with the etruscan rebels in the north. Don’t forget to quickly recruit a full army with some mercs.Keep moving turning south to protect your back against the epiriotes. After a couple of play cat and mouse with them you’ll sooner or later be able to met their main army in a decisive battle for controlling the south shores of peninsula italica also called Magna Graeca. Once done secure your northern borders with a little army hold near a town (to get support of the garrison if attacked) . Focus your attention on Sicilia and Syracuse for the first punic war to come.
    Last edited by colonel klinck; August 13, 2021 at 08:15 AM.