Thread: How to edit unit spacing in formations (e.g. shield wall)?

Default How to edit unit spacing in formations (e.g. shield wall)?

Anybody know how to change spacing between men when unit is for example in shield wall formation?

Default Re: How to edit unit spacing in formations (e.g. shield wall)?

I'd like to know that, and something similar to it, as well. When units go into formations they clump up and cannot be stretched out. They're stuck in a small rectangular shape. This was fixed in Attila. How can we do that here?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrazyDude115 View Post
    I'd like to know that, and something similar to it, as well. When units go into formations they clump up and cannot be stretched out. They're stuck in a small rectangular shape. This was fixed in Attila. How can we do that here?
    What you see in Rome 2 is more accurate. A proper formation like phalanx can't exist in a "spagghetti line". That's the whole point of formations, clumping up.

IIRC Rome 2 had an update on formations long after Attila was abandoned.

Anyway, K4mil I am searching for an answer to your question
    EDIT: Ok, in the table unit_spacings you can modify the spacing for various formations. Every unit_spacing entry can be linked to a unit in land_units table. You can create your own unit spacing entry and link it to the unit you like if you don't want it to apply to all units that share this unit spacing.
    Last edited by Athanasios55; January 21, 2021 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasios55 View Post
    EDIT: Ok, in the table unit_spacings you can modify the spacing for various formations. Every unit_spacing entry can be linked to a unit in land_units table. You can create your own unit spacing entry and link it to the unit you like if you don't want it to apply to all units that share this unit spacing.
    I know that in this table you can change unit spacing of chosen unit but it doesn't apply to that unit when it forms e.g. shieldwall or phalanx. I would like to change unit spacing in that formations, not only in default formation.
    Last edited by K4mil; January 22, 2021 at 03:58 PM.

You didn't try it I suppose? It applies to my unit just fine when forming phalanx

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Athanasios55; January 23, 2021 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasios55 View Post
    You didn't try it I suppose? It applies to my unit just fine when forming phalanx

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    But there is difference between unit spacing without formation and with formation enabled so it can't be defined by the same table in both cases. I'm afraid that unit spacing in formation (even if it is at some point related to unit spacing without formation) is hardcoded...