Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abysmal turn times

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Abysmal turn times

Would recent computers have a penalty with M2TW mods ?

As I wrote above, my rotation times are much faster than yours since they do not reach 30 seconds and you often exceed 1 or 2 minutes ...

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Would recent computers have a penalty with M2TW mods ?

As I wrote above, my rotation times are much faster than yours since they do not reach 30 seconds and you often exceed 1 or 2 minutes ...
    I dont know kostic but is annoying that having a modern pc i spend a lot of time in pass turns...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I had the same problem, even though I used LAA patch and any other things worked well. I think that what helped was changing the settings in the file medieval2.preference.cfg to:

[video]
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1

I think these tips were spoken of earlier, but maybe it would be good to gather them all together.. Anyway now I am in turn 224 and ending turn time is exactly 33 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I had the same problem, even though I used LAA patch and any other things worked well. I think that what helped was changing the settings in the file medieval2.preference.cfg to:

[video]
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1

I think these tips were spoken of earlier, but maybe it would be good to gather them all together.. Anyway now I am in turn 224 and ending turn time is exactly 33 sec.
    mmm this 2 options in my pc put =true, not =1, but i changed as you told me...it is similar???

here my 2 archives, my medieval 2 preference.cfg in my Medieval 2 folder and in my mod folder (sship 0.9.8) my default.cfg. Tell me if it is all correct please....

cfg sship 0.9.8.rar
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 26, 2021 at 01:37 PM. Reason: edit
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

@j.a.luna: you can use either = false/true and = 1/0 in the config file.

I also have 30sec turn times, here are every parameter I can think of:
    - game installed outside Program Files, on another partition and as close to the root as possible
    - no compatibility mode, but administrator rights
    - LAA
    - config file: windowed = 1, borderless_window = 1, campaign_map_speed_up = 1 (fast character movement by default), auto_save = 0
    - do not follow AI
    - I use Gig's bat launcher with high affinity (but JLMP did some tests and it is not clear if high affinity is really a win)
    here are the bat launcher and a complete config file (that config is not the last one I use, but all options are shown and quickly explained, so it can help)
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    @j.a.luna: you can use either = false/true and = 1/0 in the config file.

I also have 30sec turn times, here are every parameter I can think of:
    - game installed outside Program Files, on another partition and as close to the root as possible
    - no compatibility mode, but administrator rights
    - LAA
    - config file: windowed = 1, borderless_window = 1, campaign_map_speed_up = 1 (fast character movement by default), auto_save = 0
    - do not follow AI
    - I use Gig's bat launcher with high affinity (but JLMP did some tests and it is not clear if high affinity is really a win)
    here are the bat launcher and a complete config file (that config is not the last one I use, but all options are shown and quickly explained, so it can help)
    Thanks Belovese for your advice, i try this but only i reduced 20 seconds, now the first turn in new campaign is 1:20 minutes...
    Is not better with compatibility win 7 mode?, With the Gig system is the same time...
    I installed the game out of program files, on my desktop.
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 26, 2021 at 04:21 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I tested the Portugal year 1404/545 laps part of DavidofLaSalle and I even did 5 laps with 3 battles in real time without the slightest bug.
    My lap times were respectively:
    - 1:23
    - 0:51
    - 1:34
    - 0:41
    - 1:00

If you want more details see here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123