Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abysmal turn times

Default Abysmal turn times

IS there anything that can be done to increase the turn times? I mean, wow. 5 min waiting time for a single turn.

Third Age, EBII, Elder Scrolls, Warhammer. None of them have long turn times except SSHIP.

I assume this is caused by the insane ammount of scripts this mod has so Is there an option for a more script free version of this mod? I really just want the better unit models and campaign map....

Or are the previous versions of the mod more simpler?

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Abysmal turn times

Sadly there are not. I have less than 30-40 seconds turn time and i dont even use an SSD. I have heard maybe windows compatibility setting can affect it but im not sure. I have heard and even had minutes long turns tho , on older versions of the game. So it's not uncommon , it means the scripts are in place.

Actually I'm working on that, and taking inspiration from EBII to reduce the number of monitor in the scripts.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

My turn times on the SSHIP are shorter than those on EBII and the Divide and Conquer (Win10, i7, Invidia GTX970)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Just poking my nose in.... Doesnt the issue perhaps become more prominent in later turns? Had a similar issue in TES, when in the beginning the times were normal, but in each new turn the turn time was getting slightly longer than the previous one, until it reached ridiculous times (aroun turn 100 etc)... perhaps check that out to be sure
    Last edited by Jadli; January 15, 2021 at 11:45 AM.

I seem to have even bigger issues. Constant crashes regardless of faction after just a few turns during the Rebel faction turn. Might stay away from this mod until a stable version is out...

My game runs more stable when I am playing in Windows 7 compatibility mode (the computer is 7.1), but turn times are significantly longer. Regardless, the usual, crash-prone turn time is 35 to 40 seconds, crash free compatibility is up to 4 minutes.

If the game could use more RAM I guess it would help prevent crashes!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I already use the 4GB patch but I haven't tried the compatibility thing. I am using Windows 10 though...

I just tried it with compatibility and nothing. Just crashes. I'm gonna post this see if it helps...

@draken - I don't know how we could help... On our computers it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Just poking my nose in.... Doesnt the issue perhaps become more prominent in later turns? Had a similar issue in TES, when in the beginning the times were normal, but in each new turn the turn time was getting slightly longer than the previous one, until it reached ridiculous times (aroun turn 100 etc)... perhaps check that out to be sure
    From my modding experience I'd say there are increasing number of monitors firing due to the increase of something what is scripted, with each monitor heavy with commands. I've been trying to control the number of monitors a lot - and Belovese recently is working it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @draken - I don't know how we could help... On our computers it works.

From my modding experience I'd say there are increasing number of monitors firing due to the increase of something what is scripted, with each monitor heavy with commands. I've been trying to control the number of monitors a lot - and Belovese recently is working it as well.
    I posted my log over at the bug report section. See if that tells you something.

I got into it and tells nothing, I'm sorry...

00:42:30.731 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,,,-217308
    00:42:30.898 [system.io] [trace] file open,,3A009B90,3261207
    00:42:30.898 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP098/saves/Autosave.sav (from: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:42:30.957 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I got into it and tells nothing, I'm sorry...

00:42:30.731 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,,,-217308
    00:42:30.898 [system.io] [trace] file open,,3A009B90,3261207
    00:42:30.898 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP098/saves/Autosave.sav (from: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:42:30.957 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I think I may have fixed the issue. I completely deleted everything and downloaded everything again, even the game itself. I had other mods installed and maybe they were causing issues with SSHIP because I was able to start a campaign and go to turn 20 with no crashes. Turn times are horribly slow but atleast it's stable now.

I have one question, the only thing I have not added was KCC unit mod, I need to apply it on top of everything correct? I already installed SSHIP + patch G. So now, I can just place KCC on top of everything right?

good to hear that!
    yes, with that file of Belovese.
    on my comp the first turns last 40 sec., iirc

My first turns take about a minute. Then it just keeps taking longer and longer.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

your mum's PC is slow as
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    your mum's PC is slow as
    You mean my twin RTX 3090 + 64GB + 2TB SSD + I9 18 Core CPU powerhouse?

Built this machine about 6 monsths ago. It's anything but slow and I don't even live with my mum. Nice assumption smartass.

Fact is, medieval 2 doesn't like modern hardware. Everyone knows this.

What makes it even more surprising that you've got such long times. You must be using some options that make the times longer, I think. Maybe you'd find a hint in the other forae, eg. in this thread.

What makes it even more surprising that you've got such long times. You must be using some options that make the times longer, I think. Maybe you'd find a hint in the other forae, eg. in this thread.
    As I've said, in EBII my turn times takes like maybe 20sec at most on a campaign going for 300 turns. Elder Scrolls, the turns just fly. Like maybe 5-7 seconds tops. But in SSHIP everything just goes crazy. I am using max graphic settings and whatnot and maybe that's it.

I took a look at that page and I might try disabling UAC just to see if that changes something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast