Thread: Are the Baktrian companion cataphracts in the mod, or are there any plans to add them?

Default Are the Baktrian companion cataphracts in the mod, or are there any plans to add them?

Alongside the reformed phalanx in EB1, they were probably among my favorite units. But seeing as the latter won't be added due its historicity, and I can't find anything about the former, I'd like to know if these imposing horsemen will be making a return, as they were probably the most visually impressive units of the EB1 roster, and seeing them updated would be pretty great.

Default Re: Are the Baktrian companion cataphracts in the mod, or are there any plans to add them?

If I recall correctly, the team mentioned that not all the EB1 units are going to be transplanted over to EB2 and the Hetairoi Kataphraktoi was not one of them although there may have been plans to add a hetairoi style cavalry unit down the line.

Default Re: Are the Baktrian companion cataphracts in the mod, or are there any plans to add them?

The eastern satrapy doesn't have access to faction specific Kataphraktoi, however through their settler town you can recruit Hellenic Kataphraktoi when the Thorakitai reform hits IIRC.
    "To pillage, to butcher and to despoil, they call the false name "Empire" and where they make a desolation they call it peace."
    Calgacus, leader of the Caledonians: C. Cornelius Tacitus, Agricola 30.5

That's a shame. Was there any reason given, or was it just decided that the hellenic cataphracts were a better umbrella? I wish someone made a submod with the more speculative units that didn't carry over from EB1, because without them, certain faction rosters feel a lot more barren.

I think that Baktria will get a dedicated BG unit in the future. When, I do not know. We will have to wait and see.

The team confirmed that Baktria does get indeed a heitaroi like unit. I think is the main one left from their core roster.

That aside, I guess their cataphracts are already covered with the hellenistics ones they can get like other eastern hellenic factions.

We will either find a way, or make one.