Thread: SS 6.1 Diplomacy Help ? AI Won't Accept 15K For Map Information

Default SS 6.1 Diplomacy Help ? AI Won't Accept 15K For Map Information

I'm playing SS 6.1 as Ireland and I can't get most factions to give me map information.

I'm playing on H/H and have conquered all of england and Scotland. I'm making 14K+ per turn, which seems ridiculous, and I have diplomats out on the continent to reach other factions.

Only four factions have given me map information, and none for less than 6K.

This seems like a bug or something.

Is there any console command to force them to accept ? I know of some mods that have a "force diplomacy" feature. Is this something that I can download seperately and use on an already running campaign save ?

Using the console to give myself 30K and trade that for each faction's map information would work but that would throw the finances of each faction off balance so I don't want to do that.

Using the console to get rid of the fog of war on the mini map also seems cheap; I want my diplomat to have to go to each faction on the campaign map.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: SS 6.1 Diplomacy Help ? AI Won't Accept 15K For Map Information

If other nations are being stubborn about their land holdings, you could (aside from the ways you mentioned) enter your diplomat into negotiations with them and click on the "give territories" button.
    Itll pull you up a list of every area they own. Assuming youve played enough to know where every territory is just by its name, thisll give you a perfect mental image of their lands.
    Its not cheating, just sneaky diplomacy

The only times this wouldnt be entirely accurate is... their Capital and any territory that happens to be under siege wont show on that list. So, its about 95% reliable.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; January 14, 2021 at 09:38 AM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Good thinking, but it's not so much that I want to know what the own as much as it is that I love a fully coloured in mini map. I decided to just spam spies, there seems to be no limit on agents in SS 6.1, and I'm slowly cross crossing across the continent.

Thanks for the advice !

copy descr_diplomacy.xml file from SS6.4 or whatever mod where you like the diplomacy, see if that works

I know the AI won't trade map info if you technically already have what they have. Sure, you might not have all the details, but if you know the city locations and they won't share map info that usually means the AI is thinking "I can't share with you what you already know"