Thread: Information to modify sashimonos, nobori etc ...

Domesticus

Default Information to modify sashimonos, nobori etc ...

Hello everyone!

I am new to editing Shogun 2 Total War, I have always made small changes to Medieval 2 Total War.

I would like to modify the various textures of the "rigidmodels\flags\textures" path of the Shogun 2 Total War model.pack file.

If I edit these DDS files listed below, what do I see changed in the game? Can you tell me the DDS files to edit sashimono, nobori etc ..?

mon_stratbanner_tokugawa_diffuse.dds
    banner2.dds
    battle_crest_atlas0.dds

Can you point me to a Tutorial?

Thanks!

Default Re: Information to modify sashimonos, nobori etc ...

What exactly do you want to do?
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    What exactly do you want to do?

I would like to modify the textures of the sashimono, nobori etc ... of the units.

Which DDS files should I edit?

Perhaps these files below (for the Tokugawa Clan):

banner2.dds

If you want modify symbol on sashimono for chosen clan, then go to models2.pack/variantmodels/mons and here you will find textures with symbols for all clans
    If you want modify sashimono flag texture then go to models2.pack/variantmodels/equipment/texture1_[diffuse/gloss_map/normal].dds - this textures are also in Assembly Kit in tga format (textures in Assembly Kit are in format before converted to game so it is texture1_[diffuse/gloss/level/normal].tga)
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    I would like to modify the textures of the sashimono, nobori etc ... of the units.

Which DDS files should I edit?

Perhaps these files below (for the Tokugawa Clan):

banner2.dds
    Those files are not for sashimono or nobori. They are for the campaign banners and battle banners. What Sara wrote is correct if you want to edit the sashimono and nobori themselves. The question is how you want to edit them? You can do a number of things with masks and diffuse textures, if you know what you're doing.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    If you want modify symbol on sashimono for chosen clan, then go to models2.pack/variantmodels/mons and here you will find textures with symbols for all clans
    If you want modify sashimono flag texture then go to models2.pack/variantmodels/equipment/texture1_[diffuse/gloss_map/normal].dds - this textures are also in Assembly Kit in tga format (textures in Assembly Kit are in format before converted to game so it is texture1_[diffuse/gloss/level/normal].tga)
    Thanks Sara!

I would also like to change only the color of the "mon" and the silk of the sashimono, can you tell me how to do it?

Domesticus

Those files are not for sashimono or nobori. They are for the campaign banners and battle banners. What Sara wrote is correct if you want to edit the sashimono and nobori themselves. The question is how you want to edit them? You can do a number of things with masks and diffuse textures, if you know what you're doing.
    Thanks Collateral_dmg!

I understand, now I know what changes in game if I modify those files.

As I asked Sara, I would like to know how I do if I just want to change the color of the "mon" and silk of the sashimono and nobori?

In data.pack under db/faction_banners_tables you can edit the colors that will be displayed for each faction. And in faction_uniform_colours_tables you can change the colours of the soldier uniforms/armour. You don't need to edit any texture files for that.

Domesticus

In data.pack under db/faction_banners_tables you can edit the colors that will be displayed for each faction. And in faction_uniform_colours_tables you can change the colours of the soldier uniforms/armour. You don't need to edit any texture files for that.
    I changed the colors of the Totugawa sashimono and nobori clan.
    I noticed that if I only have "my mod" pack file I see it in the custom battle, if it is together with other pack files of a mod I don't see my change.
    Thanks again!