Thread: unlocking factions in mods for ATW

Libertus

Default unlocking factions in mods for ATW

Esteemed comrades of the forums,

I humbly solicit your wisdom and insights on a matter of great import for my own personal modding endeavors. I've been assiduously attempting to contrive a way to unlock factions in several mods released for ATW including the excellent 1295 mod as well as AD 1066 and AD 1080. I have diligently and scrupulously followed the instructions as adumbrated in this post on the Steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...6918306#140946 and have been continually unsuccessful in my efforts. I have been able to lock factions, or in other words, remove factions that are available to play but not to make unavailable factions accessible in the campaign. I'm very familiar with the structure of the startpos file and am likewise well-acquainted with the mechanics of PFM. I can only surmise that the creators of the mods somehow left out the lines of code that control for the enabling of factions beyond those which they included in their own versions of the game. Any insights or guidance from a more learned modder than myself would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Libertus

Default Re: unlocking factions in mods for ATW

My thanks to those comrades who took the time to read my initial post. I was able to resolve the issue on my own initiative and after having attempted, but failed, to solicit any advice from the mighty and highly esteemed Artstudio (creator of 1295) himself, I was left to my own devices. As such, I unwittingly found the solution to my dilemma in consequence of a completely unrelated undertaking, as is often times the case with the vexatious nature of modding, when I was enabling units from one faction to be available for another. I realized at that point that the units which belonged to York in the game were not coded under the "Mercia" designation as I had presupposed they would have been, but rather under the auspices of Northumbria. I deduced thereofor, that I had selected the wrong original, vanilla, Attila faction for purposes of actuating the faction that I was aspiring to play as since Northumbria was the key which unlocked York, not Mercia. All's well that ends well as they say and although it took me several hours of fumbling around ineptly with PFM, I was able to resolve the issue while acquiring further knowledge in the process. For anyone seeking clarification on any of this, please don't hesitate to contact me as I would be more than happy to elucidate the solution further. Thank you for your time and consideration.