Thread: Campaign Map Graphical Issue

jack2door's Avatar Libertus

Default Campaign Map Graphical Issue

Hi all,

Apologies for adding to the litany of posts requesting technical help, but I'm facing a strange issue with the textures on the Rome Total War campaign map.

I've attached an image of the issue below. I am struggling with striping, for lack of a better term, which primarily occurs around changes in texture type (see: the transition to sand at the coast).

This issue is present in both Rome Total War and Barbarian invasion. Interestingly, my general map textures seem lower than they ought to be despite being set to 'high' and certain graphical settings are locked to me (high AA, for example).

I've tried my best to resolve the issue through the preferences file and by forcing settings through the Nvidia control panel, but have been unable to find a solution. I'm running the game using my 950m GPU.

Would any of you knowlegeable fellows be able to help me out? I would be extremely appreciative of any advice you could give.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rome Issue.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	363330

Many thanks,

Jack2door

Default Re: Campaign Map Graphical Issue

I have exactly the same problem since I got my new laptop with a high-end Nvidia GPU. I have been unable to find a solution and just told myself that it's caused by most recent GPU

jack2door's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for the reply, Spartan! I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't find a solution, but happy to know that it isn't an isolated issue (misery loves company and all that).

I'll post here or message you if I ever find a solution
    Last edited by jack2door; January 09, 2021 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Typo

AFAIK this is the issure related to Directx 8. You have probably 'installed' the Directx8 by copying the d3d8.dll into your game's main directory in order to fix the FPS issue.