Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [RELEASE] Divide et Impera 1.2.7 Public Beta (Updated Feb 22)

Default Re: [RELEASE] Divide et Impera 1.2.7 Public Beta (Updated Feb 16)

Also I should note that I accidently doubled up on the ammunition bonus for Nomads in the current beta pack. In the next update that will be fixed.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

This latest version from Feb 16 seems to cause a desync in multiplayer co-op. I think it has something to do with armies attacking, if we re-sync it just happens again.

Does the previous version fix the desync?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/10ibcj...feb2.pack/file

Thats the version before this one. Make sure to deactivate the other beta before using the previous pack.

Sometimes desyncs happen and its very frustrating but it can also be caused by scripts so not sure which it is in this case.

It seems like that fixed it. I have played like a thousand hours of DEI multiplayer with my son in the last year. And I can count on one hand the number of desyncs we have had but attempting resync always fixed it until this Feb 16 update. I hope the cause can be figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by msmith6547 View Post
    It seems like that fixed it. I have played like a thousand hours of DEI multiplayer with my son in the last year. And I can count on one hand the number of desyncs we have had but attempting resync always fixed it until this Feb 16 update. I hope the cause can be figured out.
    Thanks a lot for reporting it, I may have it fixed but I could use some help testing it. Here is the updated beta with the fix. If you have some time and are so inclined, you can test it with your save: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdki2i...k127.pack/file

Just make sure to deactivate the other pack I gave you. Also make a backup of your saves you test or dont overwrite them again at least if there is a problem. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dresden; February 21, 2021 at 05:03 PM.

Update Feb 22

Multiplayer Desync Issue
    - Fixed a desync issue in the previous beta version. Still needs some testing as there may have been multiple issues, so if anyone does mp coop please let me know if more issues persist, thanks!

New Units/Skins
    - Added 3 new units for Saka and 2 for Roxolani, 2 are Saka reform units.
    - Updated looks for Parthian generals, Media Atropatene generals and a Pontic general

Fixes\Changes
    - Added new loading screens, removed some older ones
    - Lowered range and projectile size of artillery ships
    - Increased reload speed of archers on elephants
    - Slight buff to Thracian nobles
    - Fixed missing effect bundle titles for Nomad baggage train effects
    - Added bonus food for Nomads using baggage trains in foreign lands
    - Removed double bonus for Nomad ammunition from baggage trains that was added by accident.
    - Added ammunition negative for non-Barbarian foraging armies.
    - Fixed more ancillaries not being properly assigned.
    - Fixed incorrect cost/upkeep and weapon entry for Mauryan light cav unit.
    - Fixed Mauryan heavy sword unit missing from custom battle and being improperly assigned to tier 4 cities instead of just barracks
    - Fixed warhorse forum and special building missing flavor texts.

Default Re: [RELEASE] Divide et Impera 1.2.7 Public Beta (Updated Feb 22)

Great to see that the nomad factions are getting some love. I especially love the Saka units since they are my favorite nomadic faction.

Thank you for the update.

Was the regular campaign AI adjusted from the previous 1.2.6b version? I'm on new campaign turn 87 as saka (hard/normal) and it looks like the eastern factions I've been sweeping through have a difficult time raising new armies. For example, parthia held 8 settlements before I declared war and was not able to send an army after me at all after 10 turns taking his settlements. Eventually I found out with an agent that parthia had one partial (14/20) army. I noticed similar situation for other neutral factions: if they were at war, they were maintaining 1-3 small armies with 5-10 units each.

We started a new co-op campaign with this latest version and played for several hours without any issues.

Centenarius

I've been very busy these past few months and haven't been able to participate in this beta. But I do look forward to the official release and digging into DEI again soon. Thank you team for all the hard work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by pjustind View Post
    Thank you for the update.

Was the regular campaign AI adjusted from the previous 1.2.6b version? I'm on new campaign turn 87 as saka (hard/normal) and it looks like the eastern factions I've been sweeping through have a difficult time raising new armies. For example, parthia held 8 settlements before I declared war and was not able to send an army after me at all after 10 turns taking his settlements. Eventually I found out with an agent that parthia had one partial (14/20) army. I noticed similar situation for other neutral factions: if they were at war, they were maintaining 1-3 small armies with 5-10 units each.
    Haven't changed anything but sometimes that does happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith6547 View Post
    We started a new co-op campaign with this latest version and played for several hours without any issues.
    Thanks!

Very nice new units for the nomads, I presume some of them are some what hunnic/turkic inspired. Also I see that the Parthia's Sogdian heavy spearmen got visually reworked, I understand that if they are now historically more accurate but I kinda thought the previous visuals were really cool Hope you will find use for them on some other unit later perhaps.

Lovely update as always! I did notice however that the Galatai Thorakitai have blue mustasches.
    Furthermore, and I dunno if this is the proper place to make the suggestion but have you considered giving the early roman units beards? IIRC Scipio Africanus was noted as the first roman who adopted the hellenic fashion of a fully shaven face. It would add to the immersion of a roman campaign to see such a cultural trait emerge.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I will check these flamboyant Galatians!

With bears main issue is that they clip with helmets as there arent many variants that wont go through cheek guards.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Cheers!
    And good point about the beards!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345