Thread: Invisible war hammers

Default Invisible war hammers

Hi! I'm relatively new to modding - as in I know how to edit unit stats, buildings, import a unit, change unit ownership, etc - and as I'm trying to get to model editing, I'm hitting a wall. here's the issue:

Playing Stainless Steel 6.4, I decided I needed a late mounted units with shields and war hammers. Brawler bodyguards.

Found the doctoring units tutorial, dowloaded the tools and tried to merge ne_late_bodyguard-ug1 models with venetian infantry hammers and shields.

Tried it with GOM+Milkshape, then GOAT-GOAL+Milkshape. Tried messing with various stuff, triple checked everything - textures assigned to figures/attachement correctly, modeldb entry done, all files in the right folder... To no avail. First they'd do the jesus syndrom + partial invisibility, which I fixed by using GOAT-GOAL instead of GOM, but now figure textures work but not attachment textures. I tried assigning textures to the ms3d before merging, but it'd just result in a crash in GOAT-GOAL when trying to turn it back into a mesh file.

Then I realized, maybe it's cause I'm taking already modded stuff? So I tried to do all that again with the original M2TW vanilla files, with exactly the same result.

Has anyone any idea what's wrong with this process? I'm at a loss. Should I try another 3D tool? Or is it somehow impossible for cav to have war hammers or pavise or something like that?

Thanks

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Invisible war hammers

Welcome to the forums!

Try with this tool: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15222239

Thanks a lot Araval! It did work perfectly. The anim is imperfect (they only do one movement, thrusting) but I'll try to tinker with that, I'm sure there is a solution.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You're welcome! Glad you got it working! The choice of animation is foremost a coding thing. You can try changing the soldier line (model name) in export_descr_unit.txt for your unit to a unit's (mounted) whose animation you'd like to see instead.