Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Citizenship and Infraction Levels - A Proposed Approach as a Replacement for the Ambiguous "Standards of Behavior"

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Citizenship and Infraction Levels - A Proposed Approach as a Replacement for the Ambiguous "Standards of Behavior"

Thought I would post the current Infraction level system here. What strikes me is how lenient this system is. It literally does not start until you have accumulated 3pts. The span of restrictions at varying levels is almost laughable. The contrast between this system and behavior expected by Citizens (?) could not be greater.

Why such a great disparity here. Should we not expect a better level of behavior from non-citizens as well?

Infraction Levels
    Infraction Levels lead to penalties as follows:

3 Ability to view social groups and leave visitor messages removed
    4 Can neither give nor display reputation
    5 No posting in the Discussion & Debate Forums
    8 Suspension for 1 day and no custom title or invisible mode
    12 Suspension for 3 days and cannot use avatar/signature/profile picture
    16 Suspension for 7 days and placement in probation in addition to a permanent resetting of the user's reputation points to 0
    20 Suspension for 30 days along with all of the above penalties.
    Penalties last until the Infraction Level is reduced below the specified number of points unless otherwise specified. Release from probation is at Moderation's discretion.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; February 04, 2021 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Add Information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Default Re: Citizenship and Infraction Levels - A Proposed Approach as a Replacement for the Ambiguous "Standards of Behavior"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    Thought I would post the current Infraction level system here. What strikes me is how lenient this system is. It literally does not start until you have accumulated 3pts. The span of restrictions at varying levels is almost laughable. The contrast between this system and behavior expected by Citizens (?) could not be greater.

Why such a great disparity here. Should we not expect a better level of behavior from non-citizens as well?

Infraction Levels

16 Suspension for 7 days and placement in probation in addition to a permanent resetting of the user's reputation points to 0
    Penalties last until the Infraction Level is reduced below the specified number of points unless otherwise specified. Release from probation is at Moderation's discretion.
    Then why require no active infractions for a Citizen application?
    The Armenian Issue

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post

Infraction Levels

Not sure what's your point here. These levels apply to everyone. The only difference for citizens being that you could add a line to the top saying "1 Citizenship suspended for three months".
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123