Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Georgian Cavalry in Tsardoms: Total War

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Georgian Cavalry in Tsardoms: Total War

We are interested in including a Georgian merc unit at one point but without written sources showing that Georgian cavalry was used in battles between 1345 - 1530 in Western Anatolia we can not include it. We want to be as historical as possible. At most so far I can see is that Georgians could perhaps be in Timurid invading armies. But since the Timurids are an emerging faction we can't include a unit just for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I know English poorly. The behavior of some user is ironic and bullying. It is a shame.

Georgian cavalry was not the very best in the world, but historically georgian small cavalry is powerful, Professional warriors and won many battles against large armies.

i like it mod units desinger. i want game team create georgian cavalry .

https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Mili...ory_of_Georgia
    Yes some users are unproductive.
    I think waht this georgian guy is telling us is that the georgian cav was a "top" cav unit same as other european heavy cav units

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Wallachian

pope pius II and Kingdom of Georgia 1459-1464 years planned crusade capmaing against Ottomans (with other european countries) . but this plan failed.

PavleSubich

yes. That's right
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 06, 2021 at 10:25 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Wallachian

pope pius II and Kingdom of Georgia 1459-1464 years planned crusade capmaing against Ottomans (with other european countries) . but this plan failed.

True , because apparently , none of the Catholics Factions of that time really liked the Byzantines anymore .
    And the pope was only afraid they would go for Rome next .

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I dont think they disliked Byzantines. What was even left of them?
    Turks were very strong and crusades launched against them were disasters

Bosnia fell in 1462. Mathias Korvin reformed Hungarian military and was able to keep Ottomans in check but after his death fate of Hungary was sealed. Who was supposed to save Byzantines. Austrians, Venetians, Hungarians, Croats, Wallachian, Moldavians were barely able to defend themselves and Greeks, Bosnians, Serbs and Bulgarians, Albanians alredy under Ottomans. Maybe Georgians?

LOL
    We did try to free them.There vas a "crusade" and we lost at nicopolis.Have we suceded the turks would be driven out of the continent.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    I dont think they disliked Byzantines. What was even left of them?
    Turks were very strong and crusades launched against them were disasters

Bosnia fell in 1462. Mathias Korvin reformed Hungarian military and was able to keep Ottomans in check but after his death fate of Hungary was sealed. Who was supposed to save Byzantines. Austrians, Venetians, Hungarians, Croats, Wallachian, Moldavians were barely able to defend themselves and Greeks, Bosnians, Serbs and Bulgarians, Albanians alredy under Ottomans. Maybe Georgians?
    yes.

This is interesting idea for the game.
    Historically, the Georgian people have played an important role in byzantine and ottoman empire. They were neighbors.also They fought and helped the Golden Horde and the Teimurids.

I think 1-2 georgian cavalry unit in game , It will be interesting, It will not be bad

PavleSubich

in 1459 year The Pope's Pius II diplomats were in Georgia and reached an agreement - Georgians fought against Ottomans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liparit_I_Dadiani
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 07, 2021 at 01:45 AM.

yes.

This is interesting idea for the game.
    Historically, the Georgian people have played an important role in byzantine and ottoman empire. They were neighbors.also They fought and helped the Golden Horde and the Teimurids.

I think 1-2 georgian cavalry unit in game , It will be interesting, It will not be bad
    You still haven't shown any source for the Georgian Cavalry being used by the nations in Tsardoms. We would probably need proof for them fighting with the Golden Horde, since the Timurids are an emergent faction that cannot be played.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    You still haven't shown any source for the Georgian Cavalry being used by the nations in Tsardoms. We would probably need proof for them fighting with the Golden Horde, since the Timurids are an emergent faction that cannot be played.

The Georgians helped the Golden Horde in the fight against the Temurids.

I have Georgian sources. I do not know English, You can search on Google

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

But this is all outside of our map, the Golden Horde - Timurid battles. Also, if we don't have English sources it's kind of hard to just accept.

There could be an argument to have a mercenary Georgian cavalry unit for the Golden Horde and perhaps the Romans and Turks. But we are no longer making units now anyway so not sure when it will happen.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    But this is all outside of our map, the Golden Horde - Timurid battles. Also, if we don't have English sources it's kind of hard to just accept.

There could be an argument to have a mercenary Georgian cavalry unit for the Golden Horde and perhaps the Romans and Turks. But we are no longer making units now anyway so not sure when it will happen.

Yes. Georgia's history is closely connected with these countries : byzantine,ottomans, golden horde,timurids

I will try to find an English source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12