Thread: Battle ai

Default Battle ai

Amazingly, as a huge ancient history fan I am only just starting to get into EB2. One thing I have come across though is during a field battle, almost all enemy armies put all of their infantry slightly left of my formation, and their cavalry slightly right.

Just wanted to make sure this is just the old ai and not something I installed or did wrong. Anyone else get this?

Default Re: Battle ai

That's just the AI trying to flank your main line. Predictable, yet much better than vanilla M2TW AI.

Default Re: Battle ai

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty_29 View Post
    Amazingly, as a huge ancient history fan I am only just starting to get into EB2. One thing I have come across though is during a field battle, almost all enemy armies put all of their infantry slightly left of my formation, and their cavalry slightly right.

Just wanted to make sure this is just the old ai and not something I installed or did wrong. Anyone else get this?
    yes. it doesnt matter though, as soon as battle starts the enemy army will move, oftentimes quite sensibly to the higher ground, so it doesnt really matter imho. the much bigger problem is the slow moving phalanx units that cannot keep up with the rest of the infantry causing broken battle lines and piecemeal engagements this one is a big downer imho.