Thread: What are your battle strategies when fighting a battle when the enemy army is inside a camp?

Default What are your battle strategies when fighting a battle when the enemy army is inside a camp?

Fighting a battle when the enemy waits for me from its camp is a battle I don't like to fight because it causes many casualties ( unless I use 2 armies to have a significant numbers advantage) and specially if I can't allow to have high casualties even if I win ( because for example my army has some experienced units that I need them for taking out another army in the next turn )

But when the numbers are either approximately equal or the enemy outnumbers you slightly, how would you organize your attack to the camp?
    Last edited by twgamer20197; January 02, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

Default Re: What are your battle strategies when fighting a battle when the enemy army is inside a camp?

I normally don't unless I already have siege equipment on hand. The encampment feature works primarily as a strategical move rather than a tactical: it's supposed to discourage your opponent from attacking. Unless I have a solid majority in number or quality of units, I usually don't engage.

Camp attacks aren't really something you plan for like settlement sieges.

Default Re: What are your battle strategies when fighting a battle when the enemy army is inside a camp?

I normally don't unless I already have siege equipment on hand
    Good idea. Maybe it is better to first get onagers or ballistas before venturing into attacking the enemy when it's on the encampment position.

send some levy freemen and their like to burn down the towers from outside, its surprisingly easy. then move missiles into range from blind spots/weapon side of their high value units. shouldn't cost more than 2 units of garbage tier units to burn down the towers