Thread: New Notebook CPU heat problems

Default New Notebook CPU heat problems

Hello,
    I bought a new gaming Notebook. My old one was already have dead and after start gaming rome 2 again for 2-3days i killed him completely
    My new Laptop i bought in sale:
    Medion erazer deputy p10
    i7 10750H 2.6ghz, 15.6 144hz Display, 1T SSD, 16gb Ram, rtx 2060

I am on holiday and have finally enough time to game a few hours in a row but i am a bit disappointed. My new laptop gets so loud (fan) and cpu is always 80-90 Grad Celsius while gaming. Sometimes he is over 90 and even crashed the game after a battle. I read already a lot about rome 2 and grafic settings and that its hard on the CPU cuz it supports mostly only one cern. I tried aleardy a few different grafic settings but even at the lowest its still high.

The gpu is no problem and only used about 50% but cern 1 of the cpu always 90-100%. Anything i can do about it?

If i understand it right, there are setting which uses more the cpu and other more gpu and also some need to be on high or more so it uses the gpu and less cpu?!

Ah, and everyone a happy new year and greeting from Switzerland 🥳

PS: i made some picture which would help showing my system (heat, frames etc) and also after the crash (msi afterburner). Just dont know how to upload here?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: New Notebook CPU heat problems

try by using this graphical mod, should lower/remove some things by default, could help a bit
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/4c8aa..._new.pack/file

I'm not a pc expert but I don't really think you can do much here, if the cooler system isn't capable of keeping a decent temperature... there isn't much you can do
    just lower graph settings and unit sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Mani88 View Post
    Hello,
    I bought a new gaming Notebook. My old one was already have dead and after start gaming rome 2 again for 2-3days i killed him completely
    My new Laptop i bought in sale:
    Medion erazer deputy p10
    i7 10750H 2.6ghz, 15.6 144hz Display, 1T SSD, 16gb Ram, rtx 2060

I am on holiday and have finally enough time to game a few hours in a row but i am a bit disappointed. My new laptop gets so loud (fan) and cpu is always 80-90 Grad Celsius while gaming. Sometimes he is over 90 and even crashed the game after a battle. I read already a lot about rome 2 and grafic settings and that its hard on the CPU cuz it supports mostly only one cern. I tried aleardy a few different grafic settings but even at the lowest its still high.

The gpu is no problem and only used about 50% but cern 1 of the cpu always 90-100%. Anything i can do about it?

If i understand it right, there are setting which uses more the cpu and other more gpu and also some need to be on high or more so it uses the gpu and less cpu?!

Ah, and everyone a happy new year and greeting from Switzerland 拾

PS: i made some picture which would help showing my system (heat, frames etc) and also after the crash (msi afterburner). Just dont know how to upload here?

Maybe you need to buy a cooler ( that's something you put it under the laptop ). And don't put the graphics setting at ultra or very high. Try at high or medium.

Hello

Thx for your answers!
    I found a way to play without heating up the cpu to 70+ degrees. I played yesterday quickly on battery and my laptop somehow didnt push the cpu up to the 4-5ghz boost and stayed under the 2.6ghz. So he didnt heat up at all only about 60. ok the framerate was about 20 but with ultra settings. the Battery died very soon and i put the cable in again...so it boost it up again to 85-90. hmm ok somehow i have to make sure the cpu doesnt boost always over the 2.6ghz. Luckily i put my laptop energielevel (cuz of gaming on battery) to „save energy“ which was the only setting (i found out later) to put the max output of the cpu manuell down (in the advanced power settings). I tried with 70% and it worked....i have it now at 85%. With grafic settings at high-very high and big army i still have like 40-110fps. And temperature stays at around 50-70!

Pretty cool...my laptop stays pretty quiet and i have even big armys and the anti analizing or how u say it on 4x (both settings).

Maybe that helps someone else with that problem