Thread: 2021 content

RafSwi7's Avatar Content Staff
    Citizen

Default 2021 content

So, what do you hope for 2021 content if there are any apart of Ajax/Diomedes DLC?

Personally I do hope that the game will be supported with new content at least until its Steam release (August 2021).

As for potential DLC I would be happy if there will be some of these in the game at some point:

DLC - Trojan allies - Thracians and Phrygians with Rhesus (Thracians - settled faction) and Telephus (Mysia - settled faction). Such DLC would give us new playable culture (Thracians). Both of heroes are already in the game.

DLC - Greek allies with Nestor (Pylos - settled faction) and Idomeneus (Knossos - settled faction). Nestor is way too important character to omit him from playable heroes. Idomeneus would have very fun starting position on Crete and his units can have some Minoan influences.

DLC - Trojan ally - Memnon (Aethiopians - horde faction). Memnon would bring new playable culture and horde faction (probably with some Egyptian influences).

DLC - Greek tribes with Menestheus (Ionians - Athens - settled faction), Thersander/Laodamas (Aeolians - Thebes - settled faction) and Cleodaeus (Dorians - Dorians - settled faction). Such pack would make all Greek tribes playable. As Athens we would be a constant threat from Agamemnon and Amazons. As Thebes we would need to defend ourselves against Epigoni (Diomedes and others). As Dorians we would start in the north and our objective would be to reclaim Peloponnese (as Heraclidae).

Default Re: 2021 content

I personally doubt there will be any future DLC, to be honest. It might happen, if Ajax/Diomedes generate enough profits, there might be some more content, but one lord pack per faction (Trojans and Achaeans) is the maximum, in my opinion. From the Greeks, the strongest candidates are by far Idomeneus and especially Nestor. In what concerns the Trojans, the situation is less clear. I personally suspect Rhesus and Memnon, but Telephus also has quite a few chances. For anything extra, I will be hugely surprised, like eat my hat John Kwakerfeller style!

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

From multiple reviews and videos, usual impression was, game is ok for free but nothing wonderful so retention rate and thus will to pay for additional content will be low. So we will see, if CA will add anything after Ajax/Diomedes. I would want more but honestly can´t imagine CA adding new side to conflict. At best a few more Lord Packs...And question is release on Steam. I got copy on Epic but haven´t even donwloaded the game. And I won´t play it till I have all content on Steam with some major discount. Plus there must be some inception to boost sales....new content? Sale for old content? Sale of base game?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Citizen

Maybe we will see "What the team are working on..." update this month. It might give us the better picture of Troy's future. Still, I think it would be odd if they stopped supporting it so long before Steam release.

As for Steam release, I assume that this year we will hear more about the idea that Total War Access will link all our Total War games and DLCs, so they will work on all platforms/stores.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Well definitely Troy is great possibly test for Total War Access. Big numbers of people just to stress test stuff around while we are not talking about major/top game like Wh/3K. As I still believe Wh3 release date might by pushed back not just by development, covid but even by possibility to add Epic launch. The later Wh3 is release the higher chance for launch of Wh3 on EPic(and all DLCs etc..)
    Last edited by Daruwind; January 01, 2021 at 02:39 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

We'll probably hear more about Ajax/Diomedes sometime in January in anticipation of a February release. Beyond that - who knows. Creative Assembly has a pretty impressive track record of abandoning promising games (i.e. Attila) ahead of their time.

There's also the Epic/Steam factor to consider. Part of CA's deal with Epic to give away Troy and the Amazons for free might have come with the caveat of creating a lot of paid DLC.

I would love to hear more about what CA has planned for this game in 2021. I'll end up pretty disappointed personally, if we don't at least end up with Nestor and Memnon. Also, the Thracians and Dorians are interesting stories waiting to happen, with unique starting positions on the campaign map.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Citizen

It was confirmed that Troy will have more content in 2021 beyond Ajax and Diomedes.

Upcoming "Paragon" units make me think that we "might" receive some kind of records mode FLC at some point.

Citizen

For me this would be an ideal. The game would end up with 10 cultures (9 of them would have at least 1 playable faction).

Not 100% sure if Dorians and Rhesus start there at the moment but it is somewhere near these regions. Phrygians and Thracians in game belong to the same "Thracian" culture and this is why Mysia is Thracian faction.

Also, as mentioned on the map I would move Rhesus west to river Strymon near modern Amphipolis.

If we see some regions added to the east, I would also move Memnon there.

It would be nice the see map expanded a little to the east and in Thrace.

It might not happen but it would be nice to have at least Memnon/Rhesus and Nestor/Idomeneus packs.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

That would be pretty cool indeed. Would that Anatolian map expansion add some Hittites?

Citizen

Why in my opinion these factions should be made playable?

Memnon's Ethiopians - New culture and horde faction. Important character to Trojan War mythos (the great hope of Trojans after the death of Hector and Penthesilea). Exotic playable faction (maybe with some Egyptian influences). Would definitely stand out among other factions.

Rhesus' Thracians - New playable culture and unique starting location. It would help flesh out Thracians. Personally I would move Rhesus west to areas that are not covered by other faction (his current starting location is close to Penthesilea).

Nestor (Pylos) - His starting position is not so interesting but he is one of the most important Greek characters in Iliad.

Ideomeneus (Knossos) - Important character to Trojan War mythos. Unique and fun starting postition on Crete. His armies can have some Minoan influences. He might arrive with unique Knossos battle map.

Menestheus (Athens) - New playable culture (Ionians). Character from the Iliad (not a important as Nestor or Idomeneus). As a main target of Amazons and the natural enemy of many Achaeans (Ajax or Agamemnon) this faction would provide unique campaign experience. Important city to the Greek Mythology.

Thebes - Similar reasons as Athens. New culture (Aeolians) and also a main target for Diomedes. Important city to the Greek Mythology. The city will be unique with Ajax&Diomedes DLC.

Dorians - New playable culture and unique starting location in Northern Greece. With Dorians we would reenact "Return of Heraclidae" scenario or wider Bronze Age Collapse as Dorians were these who migrated to Peloponnese and drove Achaeans from the most of Peloponnese. They can be horde faction that can settle, to further illustrate Dorian migration.

Telephus (Mysia) - Quite important character to Trojan War mythos. As a son of Heracles and husband of Priam's sister. Telephus can be a faction of mixed influences (Thracian/Pelasgian/Achaean).There would be a big emphasis wherever you should join Trojans or Achaeans or stay neutral, which can lead to unique campaign experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    That would be pretty cool indeed. Would that Anatolian map expansion add some Hittites?
    It would be accurate for them to appear in this region. Still, I doubt they will add Hittites unless they make them playable (which I also doubt will happen).

These map expansions should put more pressure on Trojans and their allies, so they would not cross the sea so soon into the campaign.