Thread: Successor

Default Successor

Hello guys,first of all Happy New Year
    Can someone be so kind and explain me how can i change the heir ?
    I havent played EB for ages,as i remember my last one was EB1 on my PC when i was a teen...

Default Re: Successor

you cannot. there is an ancillary called 'potential heir' or some such. you can transfer it from your faction leader to your preferred candidate that is not already faction heir, and hope that he will be the next in line. it doesnt always work.

EDIT: there is also an old fashioned way of course, by killing your unwanted current heir in a suicidal mission of some sort (and hoping that the desired candidate will then fill in the vacancy).
    Last edited by Sarkiss; January 01, 2021 at 04:37 AM.

So my favourite Heir to be should be in same army as my F-L ?
    Thanks for fast reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujwarius View Post
    So my favourite Heir to be should be in same army as my F-L ?
    Thanks for fast reply.
    yes

Emphasis on potential​, though. Family tree pruning will be sooner or later necessary.

The character with the highest authority is selected as heir by the game. Authority can't be seen except the one of your faction leader.

What the ancillary does is give an authority increase to the character holding it. This means that your next heir (not the current) will most likely be the guy holding the ancillary.

The ancillary allows you to pick your next heir, not to change the current one. If you don't like your current heir, he needs to have an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    The character with the highest authority is selected as heir by the game. Authority can't be seen except the one of your faction leader.

What the ancillary does is give an authority increase to the character holding it. This means that your next heir (not the current) will most likely be the guy holding the ancillary.

The ancillary allows you to pick your next heir, not to change the current one. If you don't like your current heir, he needs to have an accident.
    So you mean an easy fix to make the ancillary work reliably would be to simply increase the authority bonus given by the trait significantly?

The ancillary is working as intended, it doesn't need fixing.

If you don't like your current heir, put him on a depleted ship unit, and give him a viking funeral by attacking a large enemy fleet.