Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Family Trees - submod for v. 097

Default Re: Family Trees

@Rodrigues - Try to delete the file: names.txt.strings.bin, maybe that's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    @Rodrigues - Try to delete the file: names.txt.strings.bin, maybe that's the problem
    Done so and didn't work. Next release I will try again.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Can't play this sub anymore. I installed the new version, but when I click to start a game with a faction, it just kicks me back to the main menu. Replacing all the files the submod changes fixes it, luckily.
    Try the 10.01.2021 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Try the 10.01.2021 version.
    Already am, the one from this thread. https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...(Google-Drive)

The only change that could possibly be causing issues that I made was correcting the Hungarian castle. Otherwise, I have no idea why it is breaking here.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Already am, the one from this thread. https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...(Google-Drive)
    The only change that could possibly be causing issues that I made was correcting the Hungarian castle. Otherwise, I have no idea why it is breaking here.
    No, that correction should not make the things different. Must be another reason.

And this version is working perfectly for some reason.

Great work @Macaras! Do you plan add also the rest of family trees? As Byzantines, muslims, Rus...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Anything that can be done for England?

I am happy that you like it, yes I want to go through all the factions, also England. However, I was thinking to take Novgorod as the next task, because their family tree is separated, and in general first fix the separated family trees..

If you post here french list I can correct some from chronicle versions. Most are on internet already, e.g here

https://fr.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Les...ippe_IV_le_Bel

Orthograph differs from a chronicle to another so I just try to compromise with most common forms. "Philip" is super wrong though, its Philippe in modern french and Phelippe in ancient french, and Philippus in latin(official documents).

"Philippus, Dei Gratia Francorum Rex, Senescallo Tholose salutem"
    "Philip, by the the Grace of God, King of the Franks, I salute you...etc"

Yes, "Philip" is english, its not correct.

Philip> Phelippe
    Louis> Looys
    Jean> Jehan
    Hugo> Hugues
    Thibaut> Tibaut
    Enguerrand> Engorran
    Edouard> Edouart
    Alponse>Auphons
    Roger> Rogier

Female:

Jeanne> Jehanne
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 23, 2021 at 11:12 PM.

I am happy that you like it, yes I want to go through all the factions, also England. However, I was thinking to take Novgorod as the next task, because their family tree is separated, and in general first fix the separated family trees..
    Hi Macaras,
    I think Novogorod requires more attention given that this faction should have a very peculiar political structure. It was simple in 12th century (a Rus principality), but it evolved later with the city nobility craving out power bit by bit. Have a look at this submod: KER. Maybe you would be able to introduce this system into the SSHIP? This would require much more technical knowledge in the technicalities of modding, though.

Hi Macaras,
    I think Novogorod requires more attention given that this faction should have a very peculiar political structure. It was simple in 12th century (a Rus principality), but it evolved later with the city nobility craving out power bit by bit. Have a look at this submod: KER. Maybe you would be able to introduce this system into the SSHIP? This would require much more technical knowledge in the technicalities of modding, though.
    Did not know this minimod!!! It is pretty interesant and more flavour for different government and also viva la rebelion minimod
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

If you post here french list I can correct some from chronicle versions. Most are on internet already, e.g here

https://fr.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Les...ippe_IV_le_Bel

Orthograph differs from a chronicle to another so I just try to compromise with most common forms. "Philip" is super wrong though, its Philippe in modern french and Phelippe in ancient french, and Philippus in latin(official documents).

"Philippus, Dei Gratia Francorum Rex, Senescallo Tholose salutem"
    "Philip, by the the Grace of God, King of the Franks, I salute you...etc"

Yes, "Philip" is english, its not correct.

Philip> Phelippe
    Louis> Looys
    Jean> Jehan
    Hugo> Hugues
    Thibaut> Tibaut
    Enguerrand> Engorran
    Edouard> Edouart
    Alponse>Auphons
    Roger> Rogier

Female:

Jeanne> Jehanne
    Vinc, so here is the list of french names appearing in the family, feel free to make corrections:

Henri Capet,
    Anne Yaroslavna,
    Philip Capet,
    Adelaide Capet,
    Emma,
    Philip Capet > Phelippe
    Bertrada de_Montfort,
    Constance Capet,
    Louis Capet > Looys
    Anne Capet,
    Hugo de_Vermandois > Hugues

Adelaide Capet,
    Mathilde,
    Raoul de_Vermandois,
    Agnes,
    Adele de_Savoie,
    Robert,
    Pierre,
    Constance,
    Raoul de_Vermandois,
    Eleanor de_Blois,
    +
    Etienne,
    Jacob,
    Aubert,
    Guillaume.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Macaras,
    Jurand, I checked the files and read a little about this mod and it seems super complicated to me.. Regarding Novgorod it says that the system is almost identical to Battle for Baltic. I followed the link and The Batle for Baltic says:

Novgorod Republic Government Traits
    Historically, Novgorod was ruled by the Veche council. The Veche was an oligarchic body made up of the landed boyar nobles and the wealthy Novgorodian merchants. Often, the ruling Kynaz of Novgorod would be ejected from his position by the Veche and a new Kynaz would be invited to take his place.

This is now implemented in Battle for the Baltic. Novgorod no longer has a family tree as it only rarely that a son would follow his father as Kynaz. Each general now has a "Veche Approval" trait that shows what the Veche thinks of him. If he performs well and does things the Veche like, his approval will improve. This gives him a greater chance of becoming the next Kynaz. Conversely, if the Veche do not approve of his actions, then there is every likelyhood that he will never be more than a general. The Veche are mostly concerned with security of the Republic and trade. So winning battles, building trade buildings and lowering taxes will win the Veche's approval. Losing battles and setting high taxes will lose approval for that general.
    So It seems a bit easier, two things would be necessary: a trait "veche approval" and a way to change the faction leader based on this trait (how? -no idea) I understand more or less how the traits work, but I have no experience in modding them at all, I can learn but its gonna take some time..

So It seems a bit easier, two things would be necessary: a trait "veche approval" and a way to change the faction leader based on this trait (how? -no idea) I understand more or less how the traits work, but I have no experience in modding them at all, I can learn but its gonna take some time..
    Authority.

Yes, this is very complicated, I didn't dare to get into this scripting.

What I would advise is to abstain from fixing the trees for Pisa, Venice and Novgorod. Concentrate on the other factions, and maybe only later come back to those three.

I also think that Belovese with his devotion to scripting would have a look to assess how complicated it would be to introduce KER into the SSHIP.

Ok sounds good, for now I will just connect the family trees for Novgorod that are separated, and than continue with the other factions..

Vinc, so here is the list of french names appearing in the family, feel free to make corrections:

Henri Capet,
    Anne Yaroslavna,
    Philip Capet, > Phelippe
    Adelaide Capet,
    Emma,
    Philip Capet > Phelippe
    Bertrada de_Montfort,
    Constance Capet,
    Louis Capet > Looys
    Anne Capet,
    Hugo de_Vermandois > Hugues

Adelaide Capet,
    Mathilde,
    Raoul de_Vermandois,
    Agnes,
    Adele de_Savoie,
    Robert,
    Pierre,
    Constance,
    Raoul de_Vermandois,
    Eleanor de_Blois, > Eleonore de_Blois
    +
    Etienne > Estienne
    Jacob, > Jacques
    Aubert,
    Guillaume.

Thanks in advance!
    You're welcome.

Yes, this is very complicated, I didn't dare to get into this scripting.

What I would advise is to abstain from fixing the trees for Pisa, Venice and Novgorod. Concentrate on the other factions, and maybe only later come back to those three.

I also think that Belovese with his devotion to scripting would have a look to assess how complicated it would be to introduce KER into the SSHIP.
    Well I had a quick look, and it seems very interesting. It is also a lot of work to implement it in SSHIP: a lot of traits, ancillaries and scripts to review. As the submod was still in beta, we can also look forward some debugging, even if it looks polished.

Personally, I think that with the version 1.00 growing near, we should focus on cleaning the code, the user experience and the already existing functions. It would give meaning to the version number, and provide a solid ground for further modding.
    In my mind, version 0.99 would be kind of a 1.00 beta, and 1.00 would be a stable version downloadable even after we move to 1.01 and so on, so player can choose between stability or new feature.

For example in the campaign_script and the descr_faction_standing I've been working on, you can see and feel that it's been worked on by many people with various coding habits and gameplay goals.

So about KER implementation, I think we should keep it in mind for a post 1.00 work, as the work you're doing on family trees is already a huge user experience improvement and much needed to provide a clean and polished experience.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Belovese, I totally agree with you.. I will keep in mind these advanced changed for the future, but now I will focus on simpler fixes, as Jurand also advised..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast