Thread: Can sb suggest me a mod?

Icon1 Can sb suggest me a mod?

Hello, I only played Medieval II Total War Vanilla and the Kingdom campaigns in the past (vh/vh). Now I want to try a mod. Maybe somebody could suggest me a mod that fits to my playstyle. How do I like to play?
    • I’m always turtling
    • I never declare war on other factions
    • I try to play a peaceful campaign with big focus on economy
    • my aim is the best global reputation possible (occupy settlements, release prisoners etc.)
    • most important for me are my generals / governors and their traits as I like to roleplay
    • my favorite factions and regions are Venice!, Spain, Turks, Milan and the Moors

Unfortunately I don‘t have the time to try out every mod published on this forum. So I would really appreciate any help which will find me a mod that suits to my personal „rules“. Hopefully this isn‘t too much to ask for.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can sb suggest me a mod?

If you like the RPG side of the game then you should go for mods with 12 turns per year.

Everything else you can do with most mods - although a fair number of them won't have your usual faction names. I am totally biased towards my own mods, they are total conversions: one is 'Rise of three Kingdoms' before CA even thought of the title and the other is '1648' that has pike and shot warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus;[URL="tel:15980256"
    15980256[/URL]]If you like the RPG side of the game then you should go for mods with 12 turns per year.

Everything else you can do with most mods - although a fair number of them won't have your usual faction names. I am totally biased towards my own mods, they are total conversions: one is 'Rise of three Kingdoms' before CA even thought of the title and the other is '1648' that has pike and shot warfare.
    Thanks for your recommendations. I have read some information about the two mods in their sub forums and they both seem to be fantastic. Do they have 12 turns per year or is there another mod with an extreme focus on RPG?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman14 View Post
    Thanks for your recommendations. I have read some information about the two mods in their sub forums and they both seem to be fantastic. Do they have 12 turns per year or is there another mod with an extreme focus on RPG?
    I've found SSHIP plays out quite slow and lends itself well to roleplaying as ithas a lot of traits, ancillaries and well, things.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman