Thread: Pike and Shot

Default Pike and Shot

I Think ive mentioned this before, but as the game is coming along nicely perhaps it could be considered for the future.

As far as im aware, the game is set from 1212>1500, which is just shy of when matchlock's started to become more prominent on the field.

CA has never made a single TW game based on Pike and Shot army's (which given the 30yrs war and the real start of colonisation is quite unbelievable).

The mod already has cannon and most late units were still much (mostly) in use at the end date, we already have Pike units, thus if a clever Modder or the dev's could add a single Matchlock musket unit to each faction (where relevant), we could finish the campaign's with Pike and shot army's into the 1500's for those that want, and we would finally have a 'semi-recent' TW game with Pike and shot army's.

This would make and excellent finish while covering new ground for TW games.

Default Re: Pike and Shot

So I'm surprised that no one has yet thought of creating a mode that would include the period 1500-1700, which is rich thanks to the 30-year war in battles and sieges ?!

Default Re: Pike and Shot

Quote Originally Posted by tombergr View Post
    So I'm surprised that no one has yet thought of creating a mode that would include the period 1500-1700, which is rich thanks to the 30-year war in battles and sieges ?!
    Well it blows my mind that CA has never covered this period!!

I mean the 30yrs war included all the major powers of Europe and was the 'real' first world war, it was also the most destructive killing more populace v population than either the 1st or 2nd world war...coupled with the beginning of colonisation and there's a TW game if ever ive seen one. Completely miffed why CA has avoided this period.

I can only imagine they thought Pike and shot army's would be boring or something?