Thread: Darthmod Empire CTD on Startup HELP!

Icon4 Darthmod Empire CTD on Startup HELP!

Hi guys, i've been trying to install Darthmod for the last couple of days, but to no avail. I have been searching all forums and discussions for possible fixes, yet so far none have shown themselves to be fruitful.

I've installed Darthmod 8.0 from the ModDB site, along with the 8.0.1 Patch on top. I've tried both the installation containing 2 parts, and those with only 1.
    I have tried installing prior versions of Darthmod, as i suspected perhaps there was something wrong with the current version of darthmod, but this didnt work either.
    I have done countless reinstalls, of both darthmod and Empire total war itself. And removed all residual files in the procces.

I also read on a forum that you needed to delete 2 files: DME_CANu8 and the grenades on. This had no effect either.

I can get vanilla Empire to work perfectly fine. And i can launch Empire with the darthmod intro screen if i delete the whole Empire folder located in %appdata% and then launch it. Yet it seems like it doesn't actually load any of the Darthmod files when i do this, so it has no effect on my problem.

It should be noted that i am playing the Definitive Version of Empire, perhaps this has some sort of relevance. I desperately want this mod to work, but so far it's been frustrating the hell out of me.

I've tried every single thing i can think of, nothing has worked... PLEASE help me...

Default Re: Darthmod Empire CTD on Startup HELP!

I am Running Windows 10.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P Goose View Post
    Hi guys, i've been trying to install Darthmod for the last couple of days, but to no avail. I have been searching all forums and discussions for possible fixes, yet so far none have shown themselves to be fruitful.

I've installed Darthmod 8.0 from the ModDB site, along with the 8.0.1 Patch on top. I've tried both the installation containing 2 parts, and those with only 1.
    I have tried installing prior versions of Darthmod, as i suspected perhaps there was something wrong with the current version of darthmod, but this didnt work either.
    I have done countless reinstalls, of both darthmod and Empire total war itself. And removed all residual files in the procces.

I also read on a forum that you needed to delete 2 files: DME_CANu8 and the grenades on. This had no effect either.

I can get vanilla Empire to work perfectly fine. And i can launch Empire with the darthmod intro screen if i delete the whole Empire folder located in %appdata% and then launch it. Yet it seems like it doesn't actually load any of the Darthmod files when i do this, so it has no effect on my problem.

It should be noted that i am playing the Definitive Version of Empire, perhaps this has some sort of relevance. I desperately want this mod to work, but so far it's been frustrating the hell out of me.
    Welcome to TWC!

First, the Definite ETW version shouldn't cause any issues, not I am aware of.

But, I need to ask. Where is Steam and ETW installed? Is Steam installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder? And second, where is ETW installed?

Why I ask about where is ETW installed has to do with some mods (ETF is one of those mods and I discovered it myself) that doesn't seem to work properly, if ETW are not installed in the Steam folder.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

First i tried installing it on my E: drive, then i switched over to the default C:\Program Files(x86), which i am using currently aswell. Both times it was installed inside the steam folder: steam/steamapps/common/Empire total war.
    I have steam installed in all my drives, though i'm pretty sure the root directory is in the C: default drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Welcome to TWC!

First, the Definite ETW version shouldn't cause any issues, not I am aware of.

But, I need to ask. Where is Steam and ETW installed? Is Steam installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder? And second, where is ETW installed?

Why I ask about where is ETW installed has to do with some mods (ETF is one of those mods and I discovered it myself) that doesn't seem to work properly, if ETW are not installed in the Steam folder.
    First i tried installing it on my E: drive, then i switched over to the default C:\Program Files(x86), which i am using currently aswell. Both times it was installed inside the steam folder: steam/steamapps/common/Empire total war.
    I have steam installed in all my drives, though i'm pretty sure the root directory is in the C: default drive.