Thread: What factions do have enough garrison troops in their settlements?

Default What factions do have enough garrison troops in their settlements?

I mean any campaign ( Both Grand Campaign and the rest of the specific campaigns )
    By enough garrison troops I mean enough in numbers so that you stand some chance to repel an enemy army's attack that comes with a full stack.

EDIT:
    We can also take into account the garrison troops quality and not just numbers

Generally it is very hard to repel an attack that comes with a full stack specially if the settlement is just level 1 or 2. But do some factions have decent garrisons even in level 1 or level 2 settlements?
    Last edited by twgamer20197; December 27, 2020 at 10:35 PM.

Default Re: What factions do have enough garrison troops in their settlements?

Well I guess it all depends on how you've built your settlement? No garrison should be expected to repel a full stack unless you've built up the settlement for that purpose (military buildings, upgraded settlement, etc.)

Generally the Hellenic factions have the best garrisons due to pikes and using the streets to your advantage. Nomads gets a lot of cavalry for their garrisons, making for tough but winnable battles against a full stack.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Well I guess it all depends on how you've built your settlement? No garrison should be expected to repel a full stack unless you've built up the settlement for that purpose (military buildings, upgraded settlement, etc.)

Generally the Hellenic factions have the best garrisons due to pikes and using the streets to your advantage. Nomads gets a lot of cavalry for their garrisons, making for tough but winnable battles against a full stack.
    Then it implies that in most factions' case, the only hope is to ugrade the settlements plus their military buildings so that you stand some chance against an army coming with full stack.

Quote Originally Posted by twgamer20197 View Post
    Then it implies that in most factions' case, the only hope is to ugrade the settlements plus their military buildings so that you stand some chance against an army coming with full stack.
    Well yes, but you should specialize your settlements for certain purposes. You'll want heavy military settlements for your borders for decent garrisons, and your border settlements shouldn't be left to their garrisons in the first place unless you are currently expanding.

As a minimum, I guess both the settlements and their military buildings should be upgraded to level 3. Yes. You are right. At least one or 2 single general units should be left in certaing borders to quickly recruit some mercenaries in an emergency situation.
    Last edited by twgamer20197; January 02, 2021 at 07:29 AM.