View Poll Results: Which is your favorite faction?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aedui

1 1.54%
  • Arche Seleukeia

4 6.15%
  • Areuakoi

1 1.54%
  • Arverni

2 3.08%
  • Baktria

3 4.62%
  • Boii

1 1.54%
  • Bosphoran Kingdom

4 6.15%
  • Epeiros

4 6.15%
  • Getai

0 0%
  • Hayasdan

3 4.62%
  • Koinon Hellenon

4 6.15%
  • Lugiones

0 0%
  • Lusotannan

0 0%
  • Makedonia

2 3.08%
  • Malkűtâ Nabâta

0 0%
  • Mamla'ha biMassylim

1 1.54%
  • Pahlava

6 9.23%
  • Pergamon

1 1.54%
  • Pontos

5 7.69%
  • Pritanoi

0 0%
  • Ptolemaioi

2 3.08%
  • Safot Softim biQarthadast

5 7.69%
  • Sb' w-gwm

0 0%
  • Saka Rauka

1 1.54%
  • Sauromatae

1 1.54%
  • Senatus Populusque Romanus

12 18.46%
  • Swęboz

2 3.08%
  • Taksashila

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which is your favorite faction?

Default Re: Which is your favorite faction?

Carthage.

1. Carthage has a functional economy, which means that I don't have to pursue an extremely expansionistic policy to stay out of debt.
    2. Insanely diverse unit roster, even witihin starting provinces.
    3. Powerful enemies like Rome and whoever wins in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Carthage.

1. Carthage has a functional economy, which means that I don't have to pursue an extremely expansionistic policy to stay out of debt.
    2. Insanely diverse unit roster, even witihin starting provinces.
    3. Powerful enemies like Rome and whoever wins in the East.
    And interesting factional mechanics, national troops, and reforms. Carthage got it all going for it. Even the sole'ish general thing can be an interesting challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Just put two generals on the same stack, it won't go rebel.
    Putting two generals in a stack makes it less likely that they will rebel. They still can, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    And interesting factional mechanics, national troops, and reforms. Carthage got it all going for it. Even the sole'ish general thing can be an interesting challenge.
    I hope that the Barcid/Anti-Barcid trait lines got improved in the new patch.

Seleukids and Makedonia are my favourite, i wish we had some civil war/ rebellion mechanics for the seleucids. things like molon's and achaeus' revolts would be amazing. another thing i'd like would be a strong Rome as a late challenge, but they never seem to get strong in any of my games and they leave all cities south of rome very lightly garrisoned

Rigged poll

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Rigged poll
    I have no idea why you would think that.
    Go Carthies!

Im torn between KH and Carthage. Both could compete for my favourite though for different reasons.

KH I love how they feel different from the other hellenistic factions. You lack some very cool troops, but it means your tactics have to be different as your main line will never be phalangites but rather hoplites or thureos units, and you have a harder time getting good cavalry in numbers. You are more flexible with locals though, and also where you expand. Also your campaign objectives vary, as you dont really look to hellenize, rather gather the greeks under your banner and protect them, with any part of the greek world been a solid expansion option for you even it is not just next to the first cities.
    You have reforms to really look forward to too. As someone said thureos is more impactful for them than anyone else, and your factional reforms are really a very pressing objective early on as theyr eally help estabilize and establish the league as an entity. This last point ties in with the most important one, the lore and RP aspect. You really get that feel of them starting as an ad-hoc alliance and build with your success into a proper federation. The varying "ethnicities" from the get go give a lot of flavour and its the faction that really makes me think of armies and units as regional instead of been just one more. I even move the capital depending on the current ruler ethnicitiy. Its the only faction that makes me want even more provinces in greece so we could have mroe granularity with the different city states hehe. The only thing I miss is that them prevailing would allow an upgrade for hoplites as they are really iconic and a mainstay of their armies early game, but do phase out with reform despite other factions do get upgrades that still make them a solid pick later on as line infantry.

Carthage in the other hand, I love because they are wealthy, they have great troop diversity both on count but also on types and the tactics used, and are even forced to rely on it. Are one of the few factions for which having a fleet actually matters notably from the get go. They have a unique colonization system that can be built in many places and a such gves you something to look forward to. And also have interesting internal political mechanics/traits, though without weighing down gameplay so much as the roman system does. Its a faction I didnt played much at first becaus I tended to dislike factions that start big as it takes me a while to get a hold of it and organzie it, but the few times I went with it I really enjoyed the campaign and I feel like they really fit a slow expansion model both lore wise and mechancially.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    The only thing I miss is that them prevailing would allow an upgrade for hoplites as they are really iconic and a mainstay of their armies early game, but do phase out with reform despite other factions do get upgrades that still make them a solid pick later on as line infantry.
    My opinion exactly. Hoplite recruitment goes down after the thorakitai reforms, but the availability of the new troops isn't plentiful enough to adequately fill the gap left in the battle line. Ironically I find myself relying even more on local levies once you get your new professional troops.

Personally I'd either make thorakitai more plentiful in the late-game, or keep hoplitai somewhat plentiful while giving them a chainmail upgrade similar to what Carthage gets for its Liby-Phoenicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    my Favorite is Pontos with Old Georgian units -Cappadocians , khaldians, Iberian infantry and cavalry , Colchian Hoplites and Axemans.
    same for me i just wish we had those units available in Amaseia, so i did not have to conquer Trapezous, and Kolchais so fast. I also would love to be able to hire Hayastan spearman, and Iranian axemen (since pontos lacks a eastern axemen infantry (skirmishers dont count))

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    same for me i just wish we had those units available in Amaseia, so i did not have to conquer Trapezous, and Kolchais so fast. I also would love to be able to hire Hayastan spearman, and Iranian axemen (since pontos lacks a eastern axemen infantry (skirmishers dont count))
    Send the general to Chaneti,Egrisi and Kartli. Buy old Kartvelian warriors. in new version game will be Corrected and historically realistic old Kartvelians units.
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 10, 2021 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    you can get Hayastan's units in Ani-Kamah (Tsopk/Lesser Armenia). there are horse archers available there as well as spearmen. Amaseia itself is too distant to justify the inclusion.

Hmmm it's hard to choose... I can't choose between KH, Hayastan, and the Saka Rauka...
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Foederatus

For me, it's the Ptolemaioi.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Great way to gain service time in your younger family members. In fact you have some exclusive triggersfor serving as a secondary general. Sadly it has nothing to do with number of battles or performance, but how many turns the character spent outside a settlement as a secondary general of an army.
    Yeah, that's because there's no way to track a secondary general's performance on the battlefield or the number of battles he's been in with the engine, outside of chevrons. Until I discovered the TimeWithArmy(or whatever it's called) condition, secondary generals received absolutely nothing besides chevrons, but now at least they receive some small crumb for their time spent serving in an army, rather than them missing out on all the command traits that the lead commander soaks up. Basically a "we did the best job with the tools we had" scenario.

P.S. Yeaaaaahhhh Boii
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; January 11, 2021 at 06:14 PM.

Numidia has the honor of having to wipe out the Ptolemies as part of their campaign objectives. Huge distances, massive population, and incompatible cultures mean that holding onto Ptolemaic settlements is nearly impossible. The Saba meanwhile have to destroy the Ptolemies AND the Seleucids. That's like Cold War-era East Germany having to defeat both NATO and the USSR. Sure, you can just ignore the official campaign objectives and play to your heart's content, but let's not forget about those

Quote Originally Posted by benfras View Post
    For me, it's the Ptolemaioi.

I have always mean to spend more time with that faction. They have a HUGe variety of units. And i hope with this upcoming Update, It will be tougher now with the Machimoi rebellions. I just wish there was more factions to fight, i think its unfair that they have to only worry about AS, and the Nabataens. Some Rebellions to represent AXUM invasion/ raids would be very welcomed and add more excitement i think.

Rome of course, i have tried many other factions its just not as immersive or receptive to roleplaying. The only real negative is that pilum infantry is their backbone, harder to use correctly than Med 2 cavalry lol.
    Last edited by Martin N; January 11, 2021 at 09:01 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Aedui. I tried Imperator as Arverne and didn't felt that good feeling you know, when you're on the battlefield and watch gorgeous units and they answer you in celtic or pause during a siege to take a moment to admire how nice is the murus gallicus. These are things only EBII allows

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

moisesjns

Sinope and Amisos were Chalybeans city, also chalybeans( chani, lazi-old georgian-Colchian tribe) lived in by river halys,Bordered by Paphlagonians - Strabo, Pomponius Mela, Herodotus and many historians Writes about it. i think khaldian phalanx Should be available in Trebizond and Sinope, Colchian hoplites in Kutatisi and trebizond. Colchian Axemans (paesaegashka) in Kutatisi, Kartvelian warriors in Mtskheta and kutatisi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...olchian_tribes

Last edited by Khevsur; January 20, 2021 at 05:11 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast