Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: China Gouges Out The Five Eyes: Australia Crippled By Chinese Trade War

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: China Gouges Out The Five Eyes: Australia Crippled By Chinese Trade War

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Err well nice to see the booster did not go tumbling off in a some erratic decent. What exactly will this space station do again? Mind you I think the US backed Space station was a waste of money so don't think I am sneering. Its just China seems to just be copying for no particular reason other national dick waving.

For the massive cost of putting people into space to basically do nothing - I can thing of a lot more useful projects. Cleaning up orbital space junk. A prototype orbiting solar power satellite that would beam power to earth (although it would have potential weapons grade capacity so probably makes that a no go). How many nifty orbiting observatories could have been lofted for the cost of of manned space station?

As edit and nod to to the USSR. you are gloating over something the USSR did what 35 year ago?

-------------

I still waiting for what micro gravity research is going to do. Did it help with the vaccines for COVID or Ebola. Any recent agricultural research doubling yields or drought tolerance or pest resistance. Produce better steel? Come on these are vanity projects so far.
    Do i hear sour grapes? i don't know why you're so upset; China's ascension benefits all of humanity.

It's clear that some in Australia are starting to get the message as well; in fact, Australia recanted their sins against China and begged forgiveness: oh, if only the Chinese foreign minister would answer the australian trade ministers' texts and phone calls!!

Scott Morrison says Australia is 'working hard' to prevent a conflict with China

Source:
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/scott-morrison-says-australia-is-working-hard-to-prevent-a-conflict-with-china

I find australian culture very similar to US culture but that australian culture also subscribes to an anglo white supremacist caste system which is struggling with the contradictions of now deferring to China's gargantuan economy and soon to be world's preeminent hegemon.

America has proved it will backstab Australia for the Chinese market. It was us firms and companies that stole chinese market share from australia, whilst being exhorted into this confrontation by the USG.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: China Gouges Out The Five Eyes: Australia Crippled By Chinese Trade War

Do i hear sour grapes? i don't know why you're so upset; China's ascension benefits all of humanity.
    Err no I believe was quite specific. What have any of the Space stations produced at really high costs for humanity no matter their origin thay are national vanity projects that waste resources that could be better spent on any number of endeavors in space or on earth. Again it boggles the mind how many probes, and research satellites NASA could have produced rather the waste of the a Space station. That China wants to waste money one as well is not sour grapes its just sad head scratching at repeated folly.
    Last edited by conon394; June 19, 2021 at 09:34 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

Err no I beliveI was quite specific. What have any of the Space stations produced at really high costs for humanity no matter their origin thay are national vanity projects that waste resources that could be better spent on any number of endeavors in space or on earth. Again it boggles the mind how probes, and research satellites NASA could have produced rather the waste of the a Space station. That China wants to waste money as well is not sour grapes its just sad head scratching at repeated folly.
    This is an excellent topic for another thread; i'll start another one in the mudpie.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Hmm you preserved more than a few grammar errors in my post delightful. But to reiterate I do mean what I am saying. I think China is wasting money. I think the US (and partners) did and the USSR before. Unless you are building a station to see if you can simulate gravity via spin and shield such a structure from radiation such as to make very longer year over year sustained residence viable I see no point in floating people about doing pretend research. Contrast I find spending on the X-37 a far more useful use of my tax dollars.
    Last edited by conon394; June 19, 2021 at 09:42 AM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    By this logic, Nazi Germany benefitted all of humanity for their contribution to science and technology, such as the rocketry developed by Werner von Braun.

Incidentally, the Chinese are also a nation whose economy is built on the back of slavery, genocide, and institutionalized kleptocracy, and upheld by a system of surveillance, terror, and hardline repression of dissent.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    By this logic, Nazi Germany benefitted all of humanity for their contribution to science and technology, such as the rocketry developed by Werner von Braun.

Incidentally, the Chinese are also a nation whose economy is built on the back of slavery, genocide, and institutionalized kleptocracy, and upheld by a system of surveillance, terror, and hardline repression of dissent.
    China is none of those things, but all of that is off topic anyhow.

Fact is, Australia is being demolished by China and the Anglo supremacists in Australia are being forced to slowly kowtow to China. This was the latest feeble action by Australia:
    Australia takes China to WTO over its trade sanctions on Australian wines

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/australi...stralian-wines

Too bad their buddy Trump and the USG sabotaged the WTO dispute mechanism cuz they didn't get their way. Now Australia can't get their hearing heard and as time goes by, the Chinese market for wines is being eaten up by american and european winemakers.

White supremacy comes at a price. Question australians ought to be asking is if it's worth it?

China is none of those things, but all of that is off topic anyhow.
    But it is on topic, as China’s human rights crimes are a reason for the West to reconsider our diplomatic and trade relationship with China.

And China IS those things. We know the camps in Xinjiang exist, and at my previous job, I oversaw an interview with the leader of a Uyghur group in DC, who recounted his story, and how he has lost family members to the genocide against his people. You can’t make stories like this up.

From firsthand accounts, we know that slavery occurs in these concentration camps. We know Uyghur women are being sterilized in order to quell a race which China believes to be a problem. We know the Uyghurs’ religion is being dismantled, with mosques being closed and demolished.

Why are western tourists given only a carefully guided tour of the region, a tour where they can’t verge off the path to do actually investigation? And the Uyghur “cultural events” which journalists and tourists are shown are pretty much analogous to the camp orchestra at Auschwitz: forced to smile and play on, despite the horrors visited upon their people.

Indefinitely Banned

But it is on topic, as ChinaÂ’s human rights crimes are a reason for the West to reconsider our diplomatic and trade relationship with China.

And China IS those things. We know the camps in Xinjiang exist, and at my previous job, I oversaw an interview with the leader of a Uyghur group in DC, who recounted his story, and how he has lost family members to the genocide against his people. You canÂ’t make stories like this up.

From firsthand accounts, we know that slavery occurs in these concentration camps. We know Uyghur women are being sterilized in order to quell a race which China believes to be a problem. We know the UyghursÂ’ religion is being dismantled, with mosques being closed and demolished.

Why are western tourists given only a carefully guided tour of the region, a tour where they can’t verge off the path to do actually investigation? And the Uyghur “cultural events” which journalists and tourists are shown are pretty much analogous to the camp orchestra at Auschwitz: forced to smile and play on, despite the horrors visited upon their people.
    How do you know? Have you been to Xinjiang? Or are you just going by what the anglo governments say, the same ones who have an interest in keeping China down? It appears you are a victim of anglo propaganda. Kinda strange that the same anglo governments that wanted to murder muslims throughout the 2000s, automatically became concerned for muslims in China sitting on massive Chinese deposits of oil, gas and raw materials.

Basically, anglo propaganda is insincere, and has a an incentive to try to contain China by any means possible.

Happily, China cares not what the West thinks, and in fact the West has bent the knee and kowtowed for that sweet Chinese money.

Even australia which holds white supremacy to be its guiding social order has had to cope with having to treat China as their superior.

How do you know? Have you been to Xinjiang? Or are you just going by what the anglo governments say, the same ones who have an interest in keeping China down? It appears you are a victim of anglo propaganda. Kinda strange that the same anglo governments that wanted to murder muslims throughout the 2000s, automatically became concerned for muslims in China sitting on massive Chinese deposits of oil, gas and raw materials.

Basically, anglo propaganda is insincere, and has a an incentive to try to contain China by any means possible.

Happily, China cares not what the West thinks, and in fact the West has bent the knee and kowtowed for that sweet Chinese money.

Even australia which holds white supremacy to be its guiding social order has had to cope with having to treat China as their superior.
    Again, just like how reports on the Holocaust were written off as anti-German propaganda, designed to keep the hegemony of the Entente powers and to keep Germany down from its “national destiny”! Then, in 1945, Allied troops finally learned that the warnings from the escapees were all too true.

I’ve personally spoken with Uyghurs who suffered under China’s policies. Their conversations could not possibly be made up or invented. They and their families were victims of a genocide on similar proportions and means to the Holocaust. We have all the evidence for it already. And for my involvement hearing these opinions, I will never be welcomed in China.

America is not seeking to kill all Muslims. If that were the case, why would America’s allies include Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, and Pakistan, among so many other nations? The West is calling out the Uyghur Genocide because it is a massive crime against humanity.

I don’t think America was intimidated by Serbia when they started killing Muslim Bosnians: indeed, we bombed Belgrade to get the Serbs to quit their crimes against humanity. We intervened because what the Serbs did was morally wrong, not because we needed to contain Serbia or gain dominance over the Balkans. We did it because it was right to do, not because it was advantageous. Likewise, America condemns China for Xinjiang because it is the right thing to do, not because we need their resources. If anything, China has pivoted towards dependence on foreign oil, rather than native reservoirs.

Indefinitely Banned

Again, just like how reports on the Holocaust were written off as anti-German propaganda, designed to keep the hegemony of the Entente powers and to keep Germany down from its “national destiny”! Then, in 1945, Allied troops finally learned that the warnings from the escapees were all too true.

I’ve personally spoken with Uyghurs who suffered under China’s policies. Their conversations could not possibly be made up or invented. They and their families were victims of a genocide on similar proportions and means to the Holocaust. We have all the evidence for it already. And for my involvement hearing these opinions, I will never be welcomed in China. .
    You're welcome to believe what you want, but let us suppose your defamation of China is true.
    So what?
    The West will still continue to trade with china and China will still develop into becoming the most powerful hegemon in the galaxy. Applying Anglo principles here, once the native americans and aboriginals were sufficiently exterminated and castrated to cease being a threat to the white ruling faction, only then did the boot come off the aboriginal neck. Look at the extermination of native american children in happy polite Canada for instance.

All your virtue signalling...what does it amount to? As much virtue signalling as me going on about native americans. It does squat.

What does matter is China's market, and its ability to bend white firms to its will.

For instance, H&M is probably going to die this year for virtue signalling about xinjiang cotton, Muji has gone the other way and marked purely Xinjiang cotton
    and Dolce & Gabbana is now a shadow of its former self, unable to reclaim its former glory.

The fact is, the Chinese consumer is unforgiving when it comes to matters of national sovereignty, hence John Cena's groveling apology and as Australians are fast discovering.

America is not seeking to kill all Muslims. If that were the case, why would America’s allies include Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, and Pakistan, among so many other nations? The West is calling out the Uyghur Genocide because it is a massive crime against humanity.

I don’t think America was intimidated by Serbia when they started killing Muslim Bosnians: indeed, we bombed Belgrade to get the Serbs to quit their crimes against humanity. We intervened because what the Serbs did was morally wrong, not because we needed to contain Serbia or gain dominance over the Balkans. We did it because it was right to do, not because it was advantageous. Likewise, America condemns China for Xinjiang because it is the right thing to do, not because we need their resources. If anything, China has pivoted towards dependence on foreign oil, rather than native reservoirs.
    What you've written would be no different to a sociopath excusing his murderous acts as a "whoopsie" much as Americans today feel no regret, no guilt for destroying muslim countries these past 2 decades.

China cares not what the West thinks
    They clearly care deeply. Why else do they have you shilling for them if not because of their national inferiority complex about the West?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    They clearly care deeply. Why else do they have you shilling for them if not because of their national inferiority complex about the West?
    Is that why the USG is so obsessed as to declare a new Cold War against china and yet China refuses to play ball and keeps on kicking ass?

Kinda embarrassing for you guys really; it's like the middle schooler who tries to get everyone to not go to the rich Chinese jock's party cuz he didn't get invited.

If you got shares in australian natural gas, better start shorting.

You're welcome to believe what you want, but let us suppose your defamation of China is true.
    So what?
    The West will still continue to trade with china and China will still develop into becoming the most powerful hegemon in the galaxy. Applying Anglo principles here, once the native americans and aboriginals were sufficiently exterminated and castrated to cease being a threat to the white ruling faction, only then did the boot come off the aboriginal neck. Look at the extermination of native american children in happy polite Canada for instance.

All your virtue signalling...what does it amount to? As much virtue signalling as me going on about native americans. It does squat.
    Unlike most people who virtue signal, I have actually done work to highlight awareness of the genocide by working through my organization to allow Uyghurs to share their story. In any case, we know the genocide is a real and dire issue, unlike many issues which people virtue signal about, which sometimes look like hyperbole or chasing phantoms. We are talking the enslavement and impending extinction of a world culture here.

I will admit with all intellectual honesty that America has done bad things in the past, and it has done things which would meet the (very difficult to ascertain, I might add) criterion for genocide. However, after 1945, the US and the leading world powers swore "Never Again" to allowing a crime against the humanity such as the Holocaust go unpunished again. That also prompted a massive reconsideration of America's own racial policies, putting the country on a path to try to make amends for the country's historical racial mistakes. America aren't perfect, but it isn't executing a mass-genocide, as much as your hyperbole would like to make it seem like America is.

Regarding American military behavior: Correlation does not equal causation. Just because the US has become militarily involved in several Middle Eastern countries doesn't mean that it came in to destroy Islam or its worshippers. I can't justify what we did in Iraq, but we entered Afghanistan and later Syria to contain the threat of terrorist organizations which were using those countries as an HQ to attack America and Europe. Why has America not attacked white countries? First, it did when it bombed the white, Christian Serbs in Belgrade in 1999. We also nearly intervened for Ukraine on multiple occasions, and Western advisors and support is propping up Kiev against the pro-Russian groups. Secondly, likely because after being traumatized from being the frontline of two World Wars, the Europeans chose not to create such massive instability to become a danger to world peace ever again.

What does matter is China's market, and its ability to bend white firms to its will.

For instance, H&M is probably going to die this year for virtue signalling about xinjiang cotton, Muji has gone the other way and marked purely Xinjiang cotton
    and Dolce & Gabbana is now a shadow of its former self, unable to reclaim its former glory.

The fact is, the Chinese consumer is unforgiving when it comes to matters of national sovereignty, hence John Cena's groveling apology and as Australians are fast discovering.
    All retail clothing brands had a bad year last year due to the pandemic, that doesn't mean they're going out of business because they chose to make ethnical choices on how they procure their materials and to whom they sell their clothes.

To deny the current suffering of an entire group of humans, targeted their for culture and religious faith, and to pretend like it is all made up slander, is sociopathic.

Indefinitely Banned

Unlike most people who virtue signal, I have actually done work to highlight awareness of the genocide by working through my organization to allow Uyghurs to share their story. In any case, we know the genocide is a real and dire issue, unlike many issues which people virtue signal about, which sometimes look like hyperbole or chasing phantoms. We are talking the enslavement and impending extinction of a world culture here.

I will admit with all intellectual honesty that America has done bad things in the past, and it has done things which would meet the (very difficult to ascertain, I might add) criterion for genocide. However, after 1945, the US and the leading world powers swore "Never Again" to allowing a crime against the humanity such as the Holocaust go unpunished again. That also prompted a massive reconsideration of America's own racial policies, putting the country on a path to try to make amends for the country's historical racial mistakes. America aren't perfect, but it isn't executing a mass-genocide, as much as your hyperbole would like to make it seem like America is.
    Begging your pardon but virtue signalling is a cultural trait in anglo or indeed western societies; much like the christian belief of absolving one of all sins if one just goes through a ritual of "saying sowwwwyyyy", australian and american societies make a token platitude of apologising for the genocide of native aboriginals....whilst continuing the exploit and benefit from the fruits of that exploitation: the land, the minerals, the gold and silver- all of that went to anglo coffers whilst the natives and aboriginals were exterminated.

If these australians and americans were sincere in their apology they would return the land, the riches and minerals, but we both know that aint going to happen because what this charade of appearing sorry for the actual genocide, what it really is- is actually an exercise in narcissism for anglos and indeed westerners in general.

The only difference today is that there is now a non white, non anglo superpower which will bring the anglos to account- and it's working. Biden and his buddies have been forced to offer better terms rather than predatory IMF/World Bank loans to 3rd world countries simply because of China's rise. In the case of australia, what we're going to see is the death of a thousand cuts of australia's economy: No chinese money for the Federal gov> no australian money to buy Raytheon/Lockheed toys> no money for anglo america.

All retail clothing brands had a bad year last year due to the pandemic, that doesn't mean they're going out of business because they chose to make ethnical choices on how they procure their materials and to whom they sell their clothes.
    Not really, Bezos was knocked off his richest man list by French fashion man Bernard Arnault and where do you think Arnault got his money from? China.
    French fashion tycoon Bernard Arnault is the world’s richest person this Monday morning, with an estimated net worth of $186.3 billion—putting him $300 million above Jeff Bezos, who is worth $186 billion, and Elon Musk, worth $147.3 billion.
    Pushed by the “momentum” of shoppers in China, according to Jefferies analyst Flavio Cereda, LVMH recorded revenue of $17 billion for the first quarter of 2021, up 32% compared to the same period in 2020.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidda...h=11d234f92ad9

Obviously the fashion and retail clothing brands are still highly profitable if not competitive, which is why it was stupid for H&M to virtue signal over xinjiang cotton and which is why Nike in China is scrambling to save its business (notably, Nike's competitor Li Ning's stock doubled after Nike decided to virtue signal).

To deny the current suffering of an entire group of humans, targeted their for culture and religious faith, and to pretend like it is all made up slander, is sociopathic.
    Are you calling american culture and the american people sociopathic? In that, i would agree.

Finally, if as you say, the Chinese really are doing a Holocaust 2.0 then surely america and the world should mount a new jihad and declare a world war? The fact that america's leaders are not proves either their moral dishonesty or their cowardice. More pointedly, if you yourself believe in this new Black Legend, this new blood libel, why are you not yourself going to xinjiang right now to free all them uighurs?

Can it be anything other than ...dare i say it, virtue signalling?

Anglo rage when you only mention the C-word is so fun to watch.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

ot really, Bezos was knocked off his richest man list by French fashion man Bernard Arnault and where do you think Arnault got his money from? China.
    This has got be your most China fan boy chain of non logic I've seen yet.

Indefinitely Banned

This has got be your most China fan boy chain of non logic I've seen yet.
    Everything i've said has been factual, backed up by proof. What have you produced?

about Australia, anglo australians can't seem to decide between saying how they're never gonna do business with China again for white supremacy, and then begging China for more business:

Australia-China relations are worsening so why do Australians still want Chinese tourists back?

Source: https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-...ning-so-why-do

The key part about the survey is that a majority of australians want the country to stay neutral in any american war against China. In a future war, australia will be like italy to america's nazi germany: a net drain of men and resources and poor fighters.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

OOF!!! IN other news... CCP losing the Trade war with Stralia as iron ore and LNG prices spike and China has no choice but to keep buying. You know the commies are being squeezed HARD when they resolve to making a complaint against Australia at the World Trade Organisation...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    OOF!!! IN other news... CCP losing the Trade war with Stralia as iron ore and LNG prices spike and China has no choice but to keep buying. You know the commies are being squeezed HARD when they resolve to making a complaint against Australia at the World Trade Organisation...
    LOL you have a naive and simplistic view of Sino-Australian trade relations; the iron ore/mining sector of Australia is actually the most pro- China segment of Australia as shown by WA Premier McGowan telling ScoMo to sit down STFU when it comes to China, and as we saw with Andrew Forrest attempting to organise diplomatic mask events in 2020. They know what's at stake when China starts up that mine in Guinea and/or commences steel recycling.

Australia has at best 5 years before the decades of Chinese investment and trade are fully shut behind us.

Have you noticed why the Trade Minister keeps calling the Chinese trade rep. and failing to get through? Whatever happened to india or canada or the US buying up all that wine and beef that aint going to China anymore?

EDIT: in case i haven't made it clearer, Australians need to learn Chinese if they want to remain competitive in the world of the future.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Why you mad bro? Is it because Australian exporters made 35.4 billion (April) in just one month alone as Iron ore prices soar! And the CCP is eating-up all that yummy Iron Ore...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast